Starting treatment on Monday

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hang in there buddy. You got this. Make sure you take your cell phone charger with you if you are going to do drip chemo or other infusions!

Michael Andros

tiny balls, GIANT pockets
Silver Member
Hang in there buddy. You got this. Make sure you take your cell phone charger with you if you are going to do drip chemo or other infusions!

Thanks, DM. Yeah... the chemo takes forever. Whatever... is what it is. I took a book in 07. So that's what I'll do this time.

Michael Andros

Silver Member
Wow... i won't say who, as a courtesy to them, vis-a-vis privacy considerations, but an AZ'er just called me to wish me well and we spoke for a few minutes. I can't begin to say how much that kind of thing means to me. I don't have many friends in real life ( and by that, I mean physical friends, not virtual ones ) by choice, but the few I have mean a lot to me. You wouldn't really think people you come to know ( to the degree you can know anybody ) in an online forum could ever be considered "real life" friends... but I am starting to learn that's not true. There are a ton of good people here and I'm starting to find some of you really *are* my friends. And that means a lot. A whole lot.

So that's it, AZer-who-shall-remain-nameless... ( you know who you are ) I really appreciated that call.

Last edited:

pwd72s

recreational banger
Silver Member
Just keep in mind that you have an entire online "family" pulling for you. And family it is...complete with squabbles and weird relatives...but we pull together during times like this.

Michael Andros

Silver Member
Just keep in mind that you have an entire online "family" pulling for you. And family it is...complete with squabbles and weird relatives...but we pull together during times like this.

Duly noted, PW, and truer words never spoken... appreciated.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My wife went through chemo and radiation in 2018. It is tough but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Her energy is back to normal now and she is in her late 60's.

You can do this.

Michael Andros

Silver Member
My wife went through chemo and radiation in 2018. It is tough but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Her energy is back to normal now and she is in her late 60's.

You can do this.

Thanks Al... I'm glad she's back on track. I went through this in 07 and it took me @ 6 months altogether to get back to "normal". Please give her my best regards.

Rubik's Cube

Pool Ball Collector
Silver Member
With such a positive attitude I’m sure you will come through just fine, Mr A. Here’s wishing you the very best of rolls, sir.

Badbeat13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Since Garczar first posted the thread about my being diagnosed with throat cancer, numerous people here, most of whom I do not know, even casually, have reached out in the thread with encouragement and best wishes. There is no way I can really describe how much that has meant to me. And, again, my thanks go out to everyone for the kind words and other things as well. I have also received many private messages with those same encouragements and best wishes. Due to so many of those, and so many here in the forum itself, I am going to let everyone know, here, that I am starting chemo and radiation treatments ( at one of the most highly rated cancer hospitals in the country, which I am lucky enough to have within driving distance ) on Monday. 6 weeks of radiation 5 days a week and chemo, weekly, for 6 weeks as well.

It's going to be a bumpy flight. But I'll do what needs done, then I'll move on with my life.

Many of you expressly asked me for updates and for that reason, mainly, I am posting this. I deeply appreciate everyone's attitudes, feelings and thoughts. Thank you all.

So... here we go. Off to see the wizard.

Thoughts and prayers for you, Sir.

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Gold Member
Silver Member
Michael;

I am wishing you the very best in your upcoming treatment.

Stay positive - it really does make a difference. :)

Please keep us posted.

best,
brian kc

GaryB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Michael, you know that you have the best Dr.'s available to you and you have the right attitude. I am almost 84 and have had 7 battles with cancer starting in 1995 with prostate cancer and it has been in remission since 2001. In 1998 the Dr.'s told my son I had at the most 8-10 years to live. I had a tumor the size of a volleyball removed along with my right kidney in 2004 and vocal cord cancer in 2012 and melanoma's (2) removed last year. Trust in your Dr.'s and the right positive attitude can do wonders and the improvements in treatments are mind boggling. It can be beat and it is happening more often than was ever thought possible.

The best to you and hope that you are back on the tables soon.

Michael Andros

Silver Member
Michael;

I am wishing you the very best in your upcoming treatment.

Stay positive - it really does make a difference. :)

Please keep us posted.

best,
brian kc

Thanks Brian. I'll be fine... this is just a little bump in the road, then I'll be back to normal, boring everyone here to tears! :D :yeah:

Michael Andros

Silver Member
Michael, you know that you have the best Dr.'s available to you and you have the right attitude. I am almost 84 and have had 7 battles with cancer starting in 1995 with prostate cancer and it has been in remission since 2001. In 1998 the Dr.'s told my son I had at the most 8-10 years to live. I had a tumor the size of a volleyball removed along with my right kidney in 2004 and vocal cord cancer in 2012 and melanoma's (2) removed last year. Trust in your Dr.'s and the right positive attitude can do wonders and the improvements in treatments are mind boggling. It can be beat and it is happening more often than was ever thought possible.

The best to you and hope that you are back on the tables soon.

Thank you Gary. And you, sir, are seemingly indestructible. And if not indestructible, then you certainly, at the very least, are a shining example of what determination, belief and positivity, combined with science, can do... I wish you nothing but the best in everything and I really appreciate you taking your time to give me your encouragement.

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks, DM. Yeah... the chemo takes forever. Whatever... is what it is. I took a book in 07. So that's what I'll do this time.

You bet!.

It is amazing how slow those bags drip when you know you can't leave until it is done. In a hospital setting you wouldn't even notice.

Michael Andros

Silver Member
You bet!.

It is amazing how slow those bags drip when you know you can't leave until it is done. In a hospital setting you wouldn't even notice.

I know in 07, everything; the exams, consults, preps, treatments, followups, all tended to blend together into a kind of "white noise"... I expect that's what'll happen again this time. And when I pop out the other side, it'll all seem like a really strange dream that had a happy ending.

Then I'll grab my cue and head for the poolroom. :yeah: