Navigator Cue Tips

DD Custom Cues

Cues by Drew
Silver Member
Is 25 cue builder price or retail? May be interested in them but nowhere near 25 apiece.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

EllisCueRepair

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Id be interested at $5 per tip.....just cant justify paying more for a tip than a chunk of ivory for a ferrule.....

x3dnd3x

Trainee Chalk Collector
Silver Member
Most Japanese tips RETAIL at $20-$25. That is not the price that a cue maker/repair would pay for it. If, in fact, $25 is the wholesale price on this tip, that means it will retail in the $40-$50 range, making it too expensive to stock and carry for most shops.

I'm not saying it couldn't be the best tip the world has ever seen but there is a breaking point that players will pay for a tip and I think the scale isn't in this tip's favor.

MAP is always the killer. But honestly, their tips are good to begin with that's why people would still buy.

andyho1984

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had a chance to test hit a navigator "quick" the other day. It was very, very hard and sounded almost like a break tip, but had some feel to it. The different colored layers were distracting as heck though.
I think I'll stick with my milk duds...
a quick maybe too much for you. a soft or medium will be perfect for you. :) Try it my friend.

Lexicologist71

Rabid Schuler fanatic
Silver Member
The only think that bites for a long time about this tip is the buyer's remorse when you think you coulda bought a box of Triangles instead.

HueblerHustler7

AndrewActionG
Silver Member
LOL :eek: what the hell is that on the end of the ferrule? Oh its cool its just a party at the end on my cue :grin:

Thing looks crazy no way I could pay that much for that tip even if it did play as well as it's " tests prove "

-Drew

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ordered some Navigator Soft tips. I'll post some impressions when i get them.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Updates? Tnx :)

I`m still making up my mind...
The tips are obviously high quality leather and very easy to work with, but the feel of the Navigator Soft tip is different to the feel of G2 or Zan Soft tips. The sound is different too.
The tip holds chalk fairly well and there is no mushrooming thus far.
The reason I`m not sure if I can recomend this tip or not is due to two reasons:
1. I simply havent played enough with it.
2. It`s installed on my Mezz Hybrid Pro II shaft, wich is a very stiff shaft and it`s not my main playing shaft.
I will get a second Mezz WX900 shaft in a week or so. I will install a Navigator Soft tip on that shaft and see how that turns out.
I will also be getting some of the new Navigator Medium tips pretty soon, I will be installing one on my Mezz Hybrid Alpha shaft and see how that feels.

x3dnd3x

Trainee Chalk Collector
Silver Member
I`m still making up my mind...
The tips are obviously high quality leather and very easy to work with, but the feel of the Navigator Soft tip is different to the feel of G2 or Zan Soft tips. The sound is different too.
The tip holds chalk fairly well and there is no mushrooming thus far.
The reason I`m not sure if I can recomend this tip or not is due to two reasons:
1. I simply havent played enough with it.
2. It`s installed on my Mezz Hybrid Pro II shaft, wich is a very stiff shaft and it`s not my main playing shaft.
I will get a second Mezz WX900 shaft in a week or so. I will install a Navigator Soft tip on that shaft and see how that turns out.
I will also be getting some of the new Navigator Medium tips pretty soon, I will be installing one on my Mezz Hybrid Alpha shaft and see how that feels.

The thing is as advertised by Andy himself, he said every layer is of different hardness. Why would I want different hardness at each layer when there's S, M and Q. I don't get that point.

Dgib69

Registered
Tips

I ordered some of the navigator tips, have installed a soft and a medium on 2 seperate cue"different " owners.. both player's gave me the same feed back.. sound is different and they both had issuse with miscues.. both used master's chaulk.. the medium tip switched to predator chaulk had no problems.. soft was replaced..messaged via Facebook to "navigator" about the issuse askking if they recommend a type of chaulk and have not received a response since July 17th...was looking forward to these being the "next " thing but....:confused:

Last edited:

Hits 'em Hard

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do have a few extras if anyone is on the fence.. p.m. for price and availability.

Thanks for the tips again. As far as a review goes, my initial impressions are mixed. The tips themselves came 'lopsided' and required extra care to ensure an install that made the layers look correct while spinning on a lathe. They trimmed up just as nice as a Kamui or Moori, if not better. I had some initial miscuing as well, but that was due to over hitting the ball. These tips and their 'powerful repulsion' is true. They act extra springy under softer-medium strokes. Just like Kamui makes they claims that they decrease deflection, these Navigator tips increase that performance gain. Can hit softer still and get that action you need.

Cons: new product price, quality of the tip being possibly lopsided.
Pros: competes with Moori and Kmaui in all departments. Trimmed up easier than all previous types of tips. Soft tip; hasn't mushroomed at all after 4 days of play. Breaking/masse strokes used too.
Points to note: the difference in sound was not noticed on the soft, have yet to play with the quick.

I'd recommend everyone who likes Moori's or Kamui's to try this tip. Also note that if the player doesn't have a proper clean stroke, these tips can exacerbate their stroke flaws and make them look real bad.

Added a pic of the two tips. In the original pictures Andy posted, he left the top yellow layer on top of the quick. It makes the tips, since he did it to the soft too, seem quite tall. The left tip is the quick, taken down to about the height I like a tip at. The right tip is the soft which I've left tall for right now to get a good sense of how much mushrooming to expect. None so far. Just shaved the tip down one more layer when I installed the quick.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 3,134
Last edited:

Enigmaticul

Banned
It's like a rainbow at the end of my cue :). Would like to try to but at 25$ I really don't see it being better then kamui, hell I play with a ultraskin and its fantastic.

Dgib69

Registered
navigator tips

Glad they finally arrived ...I noticed that a person need to play closer to center to get same English... please keep me updated so I know if I want to order more..thanks again..