J$Cincy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would love to take lessons.... but I’m retarded and unreachable lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would love to take lessons.... but I’m retarded and unreachable lol

Then you learned a lesson, there are those that can teach or be taught, and those who cannot. However, you must be teachable to some extent as you know English, so maybe it's about who is teaching you and what you like. In billiards I think everything you'll ever need to know to get started, teachable information at least, can probably be taught in a day (it's an extremely self-explanatory game).

Ultimately though I'd argue that billiards, darts, bowling, etc. are such solitary games, everyone learns their own way off of the sticky notes of others.

The ProRailbird

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I honestly don't know the answer

I would like to know from good players only

How many of the really good players

1 Took lessons
2 How many really good players practice for hours pr day
as opposed to playing

3How many just played action games and knocked the ballsaround casually
to get ready

I know this is an open forum ,but I would like replies first hand fom good players.

Say a pro level player who has finished high in a big event

This is not a question for just a good local player or someone who kinda knowsor
thinks he knows

I am seeking facts from players Gabe's,keith's, Jay,,personal experiences please
thank you

I'm not a really good player. But if knew back when l first started playing, that I'd be hooked on billiards I would have hired an qualified instructor.

With all the money wasted paying for table time, ultimately developing bad habits, I could have paid a qualified instructor, avoided the bad habits and the frustration that goes with them.

Looking back, its the first thing I would have done differently. The only other thing is, l would have bought a pool table right away.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Times have changed for sure but back when i started('78-ish) nobody took formal lessons. You just picked stuff up from better players and by playing people better than you. Kind of a "sink or swim" deal. I've talked to a lot of really good players(some world champions) who all told me the same thing. They got some pointers early on and then just played a ton of pool.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Players are the worst when it comes to following explicit directions implicitly. The better the worse. The desired respondents; the best, won't bother at all.

:eek:

CESSNA10

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Times have changed for sure but back when i started('78-ish) nobody took formal lessons. You just picked stuff up from better players and by playing people better than you. Kind of a "sink or swim" deal. I've talked to a lot of really good players(some world champions) who all told me the same thing. They got some pointers early on and then just played a ton of pool.

I agree, you beat me to it, same answer I would have given.