Mr 600

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You would not believe how pissed off the original title holder for this record was when his record got beat.

https://youtu.be/wftuosM4KIk

After all, his was “random and natural”. :duck:

Random and natural? I would have to think so. Just the other day, I just happen to be walking by 40 something toilets and thought "hmmm, I'm gonna bust the lids over my heads"..

World records are about as random as pulling teeth.

Jeff

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
You ain't seen nothing yet!

I think you people are plant prejudiced.

You ain't seen nothing yet! I haven't even started on which plants make the most honest and reliable witnesses. Can a plant started with the blind eye method be as reliable a witness as a natural born plant? How about clones? Can their testimony be accepted? What if two clones of the same plant are in the room and their testimony isn't the same? Potted plants have an excellent reputation for staying put and watching the whole run but with all of the possible issues the yellow cat may be the most reliable witness. Of course, how trustworthy can one witness be? He might have been cat napping part of the time.

Hu

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
You ain't seen nothing yet! I haven't even started on which plants make the most honest and reliable witnesses. Can a plant started with the blind eye method be as reliable a witness as a natural born plant? How about clones? Can their testimony be accepted? What if two clones of the same plant are in the room and their testimony isn't the same? Potted plants have an excellent reputation for staying put and watching the whole run but with all of the possible issues the yellow cat may be the most reliable witness. Of course, how trustworthy can one witness be? He might have been cat napping part of the time.

Hu

At snooker, a ‘potted plant’ is the definition of a combination shot successfully....
....so how can the damn thing witness anything, laying at the bottom of a pocket?

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
These are AMERICAN plants

At snooker, a ‘potted plant’ is the definition of a combination shot successfully....
....so how can the damn thing witness anything, laying at the bottom of a pocket?

I enjoy snooker but it was kinda like driving one of those little funny four cylinder sporty cars back in the day. It ain't exactly AMERICAN! No need to witness anything at snooker, the game ends at 147 max although I think with penalties it is possible to score higher.

I had enough trouble getting people to play with me on a snooker table I didn't even try to bring in the full rules and game, not that I knew either myself! I was pretty good at running fifty-six and stop while sending the cue ball down to what I called the poor boy's end of the table. I don't think anyone tried to play snooker other than myself and my victims. The tables saw heavy golf action in the mornings.

Hu

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I don't think anyone tried to play snooker other than myself and my victims. The tables saw heavy golf action in the mornings.Hu

Sounds a bit like Chelsea Billiards in New York, where they played golf on a 12 x 6 snooker table, but with pool balls, making it much more moves oriented.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sounds a bit like Chelsea Billiards in New York, where they played golf on a 12 x 6 snooker table, but with pool balls, making it much more moves oriented.

To win on that table you had to be well versed in:

Ball speed of ob + cb with almost no room for error
Banking two or more rails
Kicking in general
Knowing when
Have enough patience

Much like a good 1hole player.

Jeff

ShootingArts

Gold Member
Silver Member
I don't remember now

I don't remember what size balls the golf players used. I thought snooker size but that might have been just an assumption. Main thing I noticed about the golfers was that they were there five days a week, same guys, like clockwork. As a business owner myself I could appreciate that daily start to covering the nut. They went through a pot or two of coffee every morning and the table time. Once in awhile a heated remark but for the most part you never knew they were there. Outstanding customers. If I ever have a hall I'll try to attract golfers. I think I am past wanting that much headache though.

Hu

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I enjoy snooker but it was kinda like driving one of those little funny four cylinder sporty cars back in the day. It ain't exactly AMERICAN! No need to witness anything at snooker, the game ends at 147 max although I think with penalties it is possible to score higher.

I had enough trouble getting people to play with me on a snooker table I didn't even try to bring in the full rules and game, not that I knew either myself! I was pretty good at running fifty-six and stop while sending the cue ball down to what I called the poor boy's end of the table. I don't think anyone tried to play snooker other than myself and my victims. The tables saw heavy golf action in the mornings.

Hu

What is strange is that I played a lot of snooker in America since I was young...
...some areas, like Texas, away from the big cities, the rooms were half snooker tables...
...5x10.....and I thought American snooker rules were the best...still do.
But a lot of places never heard of those rules...so I played a lot of local rules also.
...back in Canada, I tried to gamble with everybody American snooker rules...
...but most wouldn’t go for it.

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
Random and natural? I would have to think so. Just the other day, I just happen to be walking by 40 something toilets and thought "hmmm, I'm gonna bust the lids over my heads"..

Jeff

Hey, I thought that we were all "family"...:wink:

Everyone is fair game and I'm glad that we're all having fun with my "random and natural" statement, but does it have to be taken out of context all the time? :angry: There was a second and qualifying half to those three words and although no one seems to get it, they explain exactly what the first three meant. I'm sorry to kill the fun, but let me try and make it a little simpler. Point blank: it was making a comparison between what JS did and how most, world class, professional, sports records, are created.
Quote jimmyg: As I stated, most records are created the way WM created his, randomly and naturally, as opposed to deliberate and multiple attempts to break and document an existing record.

There are records and there are records. Since most serious pool players, especially pros and others in the industry, like to think of pool as a sport, let's take a look at how the "real" records of other professional sports; World Heavyweight Champion or any other professional boxing record; any NBA, MLB, NFL, ATP (professional tennis), NHL, PGA, thoroughbred horse racing (NTRA), bowling...any Olympic record...and on..and on...all of these records are created during official and sanctioned events and seasons, during competition against "equals" and under the microscope of multiple officials.

Yes, there are other "mickey mouse" records, like so-and-so shot x number of free throws in a row while alone and in his backyard, or so-and-so threw more bowling strikes in 24 hours than anyone else, probably millions of them. But, unless we want to keep pool on the same level as the clown who juggled more plates while blindfolded or Ted Bundy's three touchdown, Polk High School, record, I believe that pool needs to be held to the same or similar standards as other professional sports. Someone locked for months in their poolroom playing under less than professional rule and equipment standards, done alone and not during a sanctioned competition, and having dozens, if not hundreds, of attempts, does not constitute "World Class" standards, and I believe that if we want pool to be elevated to "world class", and I do, we, the players, supporters, and lovers, of pool need to lift our own personal standards and demand the industry lift their standards to "World Class".

John, if you're reading this thread, I mean no disrespect to your amazing achievement..good luck.

I'm really out!

Some "world records" for your enjoyment:

1725.jpg

Etibar Elchiyev balanced 53 spoons on his body in 2013 in Tbilisi, Georgia

1325.jpg

Owned by Dr Mark Temperato of the United States this set consists of 340 pieces.

824.jpg

John Evans balanced a 352 pound mini on his head for 33 seconds.

jrctherake

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Everyone is fair game and I'm glad that we're all having fun with my "random and natural" statement, but does it have to be taken out of context all the time? :angry: There was a second and qualifying half to those three words and although no one seems to get it, they explain exactly what the first three meant. I'm sorry to kill the fun, but let me try and make it a little simpler. Point blank: it was making a comparison between what JS did and how most, world class, professional, sports records, are created.

There are records and there are records. Since most serious pool players, especially pros and others in the industry, like to think of pool as a sport, let's take a look at how the "real" records of other professional sports; World Heavyweight Champion or any other professional boxing record; any NBA, MLB, NFL, ATP (professional tennis), NHL, PGA, thoroughbred horse racing (NTRA), bowling...any Olympic record...and on..and on...all of these records are created during official and sanctioned events and seasons, during competition against "equals" and under the microscope of multiple officials.

Yes, there are other "mickey mouse" records, like so-and-so shot x number of free throws in a row while alone and in his backyard, or so-and-so threw more bowling strikes in 24 hours than anyone else, probably millions of them. But, unless we want to keep pool on the same level as the clown who juggled more plates while blindfolded or Ted Bundy's three touchdown, Polk High School, record, I believe that pool needs to be held to the same or similar standards as other professional sports. Someone locked for months in their poolroom playing under less than professional rule and equipment standards, done alone and not during a sanctioned competition, and having dozens, if not hundreds, of attempts, does not constitute "World Class" standards, and I believe that if we want pool to be elevated to "world class", and I do, we, the players, supporters, and lovers, of pool need to lift our own personal standards and demand the industry lift their standards to "World Class".

John, if you're reading this thread, I mean no disrespect to your amazing achievement..good luck.

I'm really out!

Some "world records" for your enjoyment:

1725.jpg

Etibar Elchiyev balanced 53 spoons on his body in 2013 in Tbilisi, Georgia

1325.jpg

Owned by Dr Mark Temperato of the United States this set consists of 340 pieces.

824.jpg

John Evans balanced a 352 pound mini on his head for 33 seconds.

We're good, good sir.

I consider 99% of AZB good friends. I ALWAYS try to meet people from this site but, I rarely have any takers when I go out to play. I wish it was not that way but, it is what it is.

I always assume that it's because of my location or maybe it's just not enough notice for people to make arrangements to meet and play.

As for agreeing or disagreeing on various subjects, well, family members are ALWAYS rougher on their own. Wouldn't you agree?

So, If I give you a little jab ever so often, thats a good sign. If I don't, well, thats not.

Like I said, we're good sir.

Jeff

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member

Everyone is fair game and I'm glad that we're all having fun with my "random and natural" statement, but does it have to be taken out . .

Luckily pool is not a sport. It's a game. Just like baseball and basketball and football. ..just a game. Though admittedly pool/billiards is the best of all games.

John wasn't "locked up" in his basement or home pool room lol. And jesus dude quit whining. The reason there is a Record at all is that it highlights how long a player can hold their nerve and concentration. John held his, along with his fundamentals and rhythm, long enough to run 626. He had to physically accomplish this and he did. The number of tries or how it came to pass doesn't come into play. I've settled it for you and you can now rest easy. You're very welcome

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
Yep

Well i see ya'll are making a western and trying real hard to print the legend into fact. Some of the people or shall I say political puppets on this forum are laughable to say the least. I prefer non fiction and am from the show me state MO. If a business will not show the public it's #'s (or in this case video proof) then I think it's more of a racket. In this case they (political puppets) will not show an un edited version of the footage that is STILL in question, so this is nothing more than a racket of political puppets tryin' to confuse legend into fact. I am getting to the point where I will question the legitimacy of any record that does not come with un edited video camera proof. In today's world of fake news wanna b.s. I think this is an important stance to take. If the run was legit they would have already revealed a 5 minute teaser' video to the public. All I know is that the 351 I ran is legit and will pass the geek squad hacker test. Also one of the posters Logical (supporter of fake news) says below his avatar sarcasm while you wait - ah I think he is giving us a hint with that statement. With that statement he could be foreshadowing that he will spread and or support fake news while the honest reader waits for the truth. This would seem logical to me.

Last edited:

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
ok

Jeff

So now they are admitting that they really have no respect for records or what they stand for, comparing great game of 14.1 to a balancing of spoons act? but this makes sense, I guess it's their way of downplaying the lie they were trying to push for what ever phoney political reason. I guess he had a new cue sponsor from china, all the way from china eh - I buy American products.

Last edited:

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
So now they are admitting that they really have no respect for records or what they stand for, comparing great game of 14.1 to a balancing of spoons act? but this makes sense, I guess it's their way of downplaying the lie they were trying to push for what ever phoney political reason. I guess he had a new cue sponsor from china, all the way from china eh - I buy American products.

Page 31 and we are warming up. I want to see the video. All I can think is, if John came up to me with any kind of get in your face, explain yourself attitude...you'd be hearing about my response....in the news. I'm not playing with Florida ankle sock boy.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
Also one of the posters Logical (supporter of fake news) says below his avatar sarcasm while you wait - ah I think he is giving us a hint with that statement. With that statement he could be foreshadowing that he will spread and or support fake news while the honest reader waits for the truth. This would seem logical to me.

Do you even know the meaning of the word sarcasm? Your accusations about me are complete nonsense. Go find someone with some equity in this nonsense to argue with, I don't care that much about this issue and don't care at all about your ramblings.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
no thanks

Do you even know the meaning of the word sarcasm? Your accusations about me are complete nonsense. Go find someone with some equity in this nonsense to argue with, I don't care that much about this issue and don't care at all about your ramblings.

I have read yer posts and yer on their bandwagon of yellow journalism. I will post when I want and how I wish. just some truth while you go forward. and yes I do know what sarcasm means illogical. see ya in uh funny papers.

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
belief without sight

I honestly can't believe your doubt. It was taped. People have watched the tape and verified it. Do you really think they are so organized that they got all those people plus everyone else who wandered in and out of the place plus the camera guy and the guys who watched the tape in on this elaborate scam yet they can't manage to get the video ready for release in less than 6 weeks.

Maybe the team that faked the moon landing took time out from their planning the 50th anniversary celebration to help pull this off?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

If you believe a claim without seeing evidence then you sir are not thinking logically. Oh but u may have stock in the bca so that would force u to jump into their wagon. Without video proof yer ride may get a little bumpy.

logical

Loose Rack
Silver Member
I have read yer posts and yer on their bandwagon of yellow journalism. I will post when I want and how I wish. just some truth while you go forward. and yes I do know what sarcasm means illogical. see ya in uh funny papers.

You are misusing the term yellow journalism as well. It doesn't mean what you think it does.

You need to understand that I am applying a very low threshold of proof to this because it really isn't something I care that much about. If I'm wrong, then oh well I guess I missed one today now where should I eat lunch?

If it was bigfoot or something important I'd insist on tape, 12 witnesses and a notarized affidavit.

Again, find someone who cares if you want to debate.