They say Dechaine Dumped, come defend yourself.

Taco

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe you should read my OP

"Why is it that nobody can defeat anyone? There is always an excuse. Earl just crushed Dechaine, and the first thing people start typing is DUMP. Come on people. He has a pretty damn big ego, do you really think he would dump to Earl. He wants to be considered the best in the world. Did you see the way he was acting in his chair when Earl made shots? How he ran out of the building? No Dumping just an old fashioned ass kicking.

This thought just came to mind. Who would have thought the talk would be about anyone but Earl? Earl was well behaved on the stream even when he got his butt kicked in the Driver's seat match.
"

I defended Mike, I did not say he dumped. I gave credit to Earl.

Apologies. Most people (me) only read the subject line, since there were several pages of posts. The subject line was maybe not the most considered. Have an awesome day.

nvrquit

Banned
Yeah and if somebody told you Stop signs are blue you could see it that way too?? Yes you are right gay COULD very well be taken as happy but it this case I highly doubt it. Justin used gay as STUPID which is the way ignorant people use the word gay. So in others words they could be deemed as stupid or gay!! So does that make Justin gay?? Hmmmm never thought of it that way but it makes sense.

So funny how people see things so differently when everything is plain and obvious. Personally I think its hysterical :lol::lol::lol:

You are from a younger generation that's all. One that has been told how to think and trained to be self-important. Respect your elders and let him speak as he chooses.

The MTV generation...bahh. The Germans would overun this country in a week. Straight men getting manicures and $40 haircuts. Now that's gay.

Slasher

KE = 0.5 • m • v2
Silver Member
Headline from the SUN
"Young gun MD in biggest betting scandal ever, Mad Earl eats baby live on stream"

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Yeah and if somebody told you Stop signs are blue you could see it that way too?? Yes you are right gay COULD very well be taken as happy but it this case I highly doubt it. Justin used gay as STUPID which is the way ignorant people use the word gay. So in others words they could be deemed as stupid or gay!! So does that make Justin gay?? Hmmmm never thought of it that way but it makes sense.

So funny how people see things so differently when everything is plain and obvious. Personally I think its hysterical :lol::lol::lol:

Well I used gay to mean ridiculous yet you ever so cutely call me gay as if it is something that I would find insulting. So just exactly who is ignorant here ? Why would it bother me if someone calls me gay ? Is being gay evil or bad? The fact its inaccurate doesnt matter its the thought that by using the word as an insult I'll somehow get pissed about it. I find that an interesting tactic from such an enlightened mind as yours.

Don't play word games with me I'll shoot your nuts in.

Luxury

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well I used gay to mean ridiculous yet you ever so cutely call me gay as if it is something that I would find insulting. So just exactly who is ignorant here ? Why would it bother me if someone calls me gay ? Is being gay evil or bad? The fact its inaccurate doesnt matter its the thought that by using the word as an insult I'll somehow get pissed about it. I find that an interesting tactic from such an enlightened mind as yours.

Post of the month here.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
I've never heard it called anything but the "hot seat."

Although personally I prefer to call it the "cold seat." You sit and wait and get cold while your eventual opponent stays in stroke. See, e.g., Dechaine and Strickland.

It's also been called the "Cat-bird's Seat".

JoeyA

Silver Member
Truth is that Dechaine got his nuts shot off by Earl. No one can fade Earl when he gets rolling like that. I'm not the World's biggest Dechaine fan but he did not dump. I watched it. When Earl gets rolling there's nothing you can do but shoot back or try some moves. All of the sudden you are down 5-1 then you get a shot and so you slow play, take a break, check the rack, start an argument, etc. All that's good but your down 5-1 and if at the end of any moves you try to play if you don't get out you will be down 8-2 in about 17 more minutes.

Only person today that can free wheel with Earl is CHIP COMPTON.

Yeah, I said it, Chippy is more naturally talented that Earl.

I can tell you this, Chip would shoot Dechaine's nuts off faster than Earl did...

Chip bets his own and will get up and play. Dechaine doesn't have the gamble in him like Chip does.

I don't normally contest other people's opinions about someone else's talent but all I can say Hung is WTF?

Chip is a very talented player and yes he bets his own dough as well as the dough of his very well off stake horse, but until Chip wins a few U.S. OPen 9 Ball Championships, I will have to say that Earl has more of the natural talent.

Hell, Earl is what "like" 90 years old and still swinging it? When Earl was Chip's age, he played and beat just about everyone. Until Chip is on TAR taking down the cheese and winning major, major tournaments and not just our little ole White Diamonds $50K Calcutta tournament, I don't see how you can say he has more natural talent.

Hung, you can say it, it just doesn't make it true. :shakehead:

Baxter

Out To Win
Silver Member
1st of all I am a tremendous handicapper!!! I watched a few matches yesterday. Whole 2pm match and end of Kamico thru the finals. I gave Dechaine -5 before the final match. I started writing "Dechaine is dumping" once he started smashing balls around in rack 4 or 5. Why...WHY NOT? Its the internets. The chats on USSTREAM are fun. Then throw in a few color of money quotes. the art of the dump. U mad?

It;s the internets...dont take it to heart. People are having fun and rooting for earl and mike on the stream's chat. People discuss the match they are watching.

But I come to see the summary of the tournament on AZ today. I go on the chatroom to view and see there is a discussion on Mike dumping? Cmon people. Its a streams chatroom. Its not a burning bush.

This site is great for pool info. Thanks for the updates and links to free streams. Sherdog is the best site for ballbusting out there. But this place's forum threads are pretty amusing to read. A few weeks ago the guy who did not ship the sticks. 50 pages of people argueing with a US Open champ (Schmidt sp?) on how to be a champion in pool. The whole dont bet with SC5 threads.

And Earl Strickland is an American Institution!!! Only 1000 people watching the greatest tournament 9ball player ever playing a great young shooter. 1000 people. and its free. And out of the 1000 we cannot even get along. Rodney King is rolling in his grave. Cant we all just get along.

What would have made the stream awesome yesteday if Alvin called the whole match in robot voice and then Alvin should have sang Selena Gomez during all the breaks....I wrote that 50 times more then Dechaine dumping.

By the way....Dechaine totally dumped that match.

EARL AKA AMERICAN INSTITUTION!!!

I realize many on AZ are somewhat crazy after the "how to be a pool champion" thread, but I had to respond to the vicious accusation by Nostroke that I was a terrible handicapper.

And I totally believe in the bottom of my heart that Dechaine dumped to the American Institution.

If you think the internet is just fun and games and doesn't reach into "real life", there's a ton of videos of people getting their ass beat for what they said on Facebook or Twitter that you should probably check out.

It appears to me that you're younger and most likely a part of the "internet generation" like myself, but you should also realize that the older guys who didn't grow up with the internet don't consider it to be an anonymous playground. It is a part of real life to them, and what you say on the internet has real life repercussions, whether you like it or not.

Last edited:

Hungarian

C'mon, man!
Silver Member
Sorry Joey, you're right. I'm just a huge Chippy fan. He's exciting to watch and after his performance at the Texas Open I was still a little gitty when I made the post. No offense taken by your post.

I still feel Chip has the best style to match up well with Earl. That would be a gun fight for sure..

I don't normally contest other people's opinions about someone else's talent but all I can say Hung is WTF?

Chip is a very talented player and yes he bets his own dough as well as the dough of his very well off stake horse, but until Chip wins a few U.S. OPen 9 Ball Championships, I will have to say that Earl has more of the natural talent.

Hell, Earl is what "like" 90 years old and still swinging it? When Earl was Chip's age, he played and beat just about everyone. Until Chip is on TAR taking down the cheese and winning major, major tournaments and not just our little ole White Diamonds $50K Calcutta tournament, I don't see how you can say he has more natural talent.

Hung, you can say it, it just doesn't make it true. :shakehead:

ComptonCustomCues

Quality Handcrafted Cues
Silver Member

I second the post of the month....and I think I've got a signature line from this:lol:

blucollar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What you seen in this match was not a dump...it's called a good ol' fashioned ass whoopin! It happens

naji

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did NOT dump. I never would do something like that. Like this guy said, my ego is way to big for that. There were three things that I didn't like that went on in the match. Earl played on that table 8 times over the past two days and I played on it twice. The balls played like mud. And lastly, I played TWO matches yesterday. One at 2pm and the other at 7:30 or close to it. Thats just crazy to me, but still a great tournament and in memory of a legend. Thanks Tony.

Not sure why everyone loses have reasons that does not make sense, you are a pro player and you should adjust to all conditions. Simply put the reason you lost is Earl got lucky got couple of games a head of you, made him free wheel, and you played bad maybe you shoot bad under pressure

JoeyA

Silver Member
Sorry Joey, you're right. I'm just a huge Chippy fan. He's exciting to watch and after his performance at the Texas Open I was still a little gitty when I made the post. No offense taken by your post.

I still feel Chip has the best style to match up well with Earl. That would be a gun fight for sure..

It's all good. Chippy is a razor for sure. He and JoeyG are the favorites to win the White Diamonds tournament in November. Hope to see you there.