Maybe this doesnt belong here

MikeMania

MikeMania
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
is it common place for people to post enough threads in 20 minutes to take up almost the entire first page. Couldn't you consolidate photos and info into one thread. Maybe I'm out of line but that just seems ignorant and greedy. Always the usual suspects too. Does this not irritate anyone else? I know plenty of guys that do very well with their sales while still using as little page space as possible and just simply bumping their threads within the allowed time. Have some class and respect for others. That's all

Mike Fallon

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
256   0   0
is it common place for people to post enough threads in 20 minutes to take up almost the entire first page. Couldn't you consolidate photos and info into one thread. Maybe I'm out of line but that just seems ignorant and greedy. Always the usual suspects too. Does this not irritate anyone else? I know plenty of guys that do very well with their sales while still using as little page space as possible and just simply bumping their threads within the allowed time. Have some class and respect for others. That's all

Mike Fallon

It is if you don't have any respect for this place and don't play well with others. :thumbup:

Flash

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Honest thought

I understand your thought, and could help others, but appears to be an honest loop hole for those selling lots of cues

cleitonrocha

Administrador
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
207   0   0
Should AT LEAST become GOLD member to help AZ to keep it up good to all of US...

ga9ball

South West Buyer!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Threads Threads Threads!

Only GOLD should be able to sell! It will only benefit the Site as well as the buyers/sellers!
Been Gold for years! Thankful to have AZ : )

RiverCity

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
IIRC there used to be a rule against that crap, if you were selling multiple items they had to be in one thread. But then the wanted for sale forum has become a place for people to run a business where it use to be a place for members to buy sell and trade.
Chuck

PRED

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I understand your thought, and could help others, but appears to be an honest loop hole for those selling lots of cues

Looks to me like the cues are not selling. Put a 30/30 policy in effect. List it till you sell or 30 days, then you have to wait 30 days to re-list if it doesn't sell the first time. Bumpage solved.

desertshark

Racks on racks on racks
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I've seen other types of forums (cars, motorcycles, guitars etc...)
They are broken up by types of things being sold (complete car, parts car, motor parts, wheels, accessories etc)

If we broke it up by cues, cases, ball sets, jp's, accessories, that would make a huge difference on bumps and be able to fins stuff you are looking for. Also a sales search engine would be awesome too.

MikeMania

MikeMania
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have no problem with anyone running their business on here. I know quite a few people that do and majority of them do it respectfully and consolidate. Not trying to start a shitstorm or anything. Just saying I'm fairly low on the totem pole here as I do a lot of local buying and selling as well as utilize the shit out of craigslist. I find it more lucrative actually. But my issue is only this, I'm a paid yr long gold member and knowing that my threads will most likely be on page 20 within 2 hrs discourages me greatly from even attempting. I do like the idea of being a gold member to buy/sell/trade but majority of the main culprits already are. Guess it's just a losing battle.

Last edited:

Bavafongoul

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Cleiton is right and so is gas9ball.

If only Gold Members could sell, every buyer, i.e.,anyone, can buy a cue from any Gold Member Seller
for free without paying any fees or dues as a qualification or requirement, like with e-Bay.

On e-Bay, the seller pays all the fees for the purchase. The very same would apply if only Gold Members
could sell on AZ. Maybe propose a dollar amount.....anything under $100 is listed for free for any Azer.
How many pool cues sell for under $100?

This way high volume sellers like the one being discussed pays for the privilege. If you sold your pool cue
or cue case, or pool ball set on e-Bay, you'd have to pay a fee. Who says there's no such thing as a free lunch?
AZ is the closet thing that comes to that....sell for free...1x or 24x or 100x......it's free.

Isn't it time that sellers pay for the privilege of presenting their wares for sale to the reading public?
Jeez....Come on.....less than 10 cents a Day for Gold and some jerk has a dozen listings......for free?

So before you jump on my case because I believe most people can afford a gold membership......I know people
piss 10 cents a day away everyday in their lives and if the use of the term "most" bothers you, then substitute "majority".

In other words, just look at the people who often sell on the Forum and then tell me these same members can't afford
to pay for a Gold Membership. These cheap SOBs are freeloaders and should have their selling privileges yanked.
How about everyone gets to sell one (1) thing free every 6 mths or year. Do it more often, you need to be a Gold Member.

Matt B.

cubswin

Just call me Joe...
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
you know, you can complain to the moderator. No reason to start a thread that just bumps others down the list. Contributing to the very thing you are complaining about.

This has been discussed, for years.

And I don't see why you'd have to be a gold member to sell things personally. If you are running a business, then yes you should sponsor the site, outside of that does it really matter?

Inf2DV

Catch The Action!!
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Ummmm with all that is going on so wrong in the World right now a guy posting stuff he wants to sell and using free spaces to do it... No I don't see the issue nor do I care. As said of all the stuff to complain about Find something else worthy. Thanks

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
lets name the usual suspects, feel free to contribute
itzel
cleitonrocha
bamacues
billiardsbill
ridethebus
erajacustom

CueNut40

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Should break this up into the average player who just wants to sell or trade a cue and the cue flippers who have ever thing over priced anyway.

MikeMania

MikeMania
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
You think I'm unaware it's doing the same thing? And in my opinion eras and bill consolidate well. You don't see 14 threads in a row with 1 cue in each from either of them. You may see 2 maybe 3 at times but they all have several cues per thread. Yes, I can devote my time to complaining about much more important issues on the proper forums but I chose this topic on this forum. Feel free to not comment and bump it then, it was a simple observation and I don't apologize for that.

devorator

Ipoolmyheart@thetable
Silver Member
Rating - 99.2%
127   1   1
you know, you can complain to the moderator. No reason to start a thread that just bumps others down the list. Contributing to the very thing you are complaining about.

This has been discussed, for years.

And I don't see why you'd have to be a gold member to sell things personally. If you are running a business, then yes you should sponsor the site, outside of that does it really matter?
Good point sir. I might also add why to pay for an exceptional membership on a section that is moderated once a year.
Odd enough, I got my thread deleted for bumping it 2h before the 48 a few month ago...and I see overbumping every day ever since...
But definetly I am not a gold member...

Billiardbills

Billiard Bill
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Hmm. That's odd, because I never have more than 5 or 6 threads going here at one time. Hmm I bump them every 48 hours. Hmm I also have been a gold member before anyone asked.

Sounds like there's no problem there. Pound salt trinaCRYER.

Just to him btw. Sorry for the bumpage.
84993c910b049d1ede890702fc95440e.jpg

Last edited:

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
75   0   0
I had a lot of my own ads pulled because I will consolidate 4 to a post, however we are redoing our site and it should generate quite a buzz with all that will be posted.

Usually it is the same guys that won't put up a legit site or pay to show at SBE or the US Open, or DCC. Guys on the cheap will always be guys on the cheap. I am sorry if it seams to be insulting, but if you plan on doing it for the long haul, godaddy is cheap...

JV (----classiccues since 1995 (AOL, then our own stand alone site)

Mike Fallon