Shane Vanboening vs Jayson Shaw

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I knew I was close, Shane is almost impossible to beat in a race to 100. But don't do so well in the shorter races. Shane is like a marathon runner, he don't have the speed for the 100 yard dash. And the sprinter don't have the endurance to run a marathon.

I think you are selling him short. Shane is one of the best short race players I've ever seen. Three of his Derby City 9-ball titles came when all the races, including the final, were to seven, and winning the Derby City 9-ball usually requires winning at least thirteen of your fourteen matches. Short races suited him just fine at one of the hardest events to win in our sport.

Away from the Mosconi, Shane has been a fantastic short race player.

Last edited:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I think you are selling him short. Shane is one of the best short race players I've ever seen. Three of his Derby City 9-ball titles came when all the races, including the final, were to seven, and winning the Derby City 9-ball usually requires winning at least thirteen of your fourteen matches. Short races suited him just fine at one of the hardest events to win in our sport.

Away from the Mosconi, Shane has been a fantastic short race player.

Shane's short game has a lot to do with A) has he been up most of the night gambling, and B) does he have a gf watching him while he's playing. But his odds of winning go up substantially the longer the race.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
2500 , yep everyone's got excuses when they lose including Shane

Funny, I've never once heard Shane give an excuse for losing to anyone, and that list is short by the way. I'll ask you one more time, other than the first race to 100 with Alex, which I explained why he lost, he came back and crushed Alex when they played again. So, who else has beaten Shane in a race to 100????????? On a 9ft pool table, not a circus 10ft.

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Funny, I've never once heard Shane give an excuse for losing to anyone, and that list is short by the way. I'll ask you one more time, other than the first race to 100 with Alex, which I explained why he lost, he came back and crushed Alex when they played again. So, who else has beaten Shane in a race to 100????????? On a 9ft pool table, not a circus 10ft.
SJM answered that question already, , I wasn't speaking about Shane personaly I was speaking of his huggers

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would like to see Shane v Orcullo. Orcullo beat Biado earlier this year to be Philippines Money King (at least for now) . I think last time they played a money game was a decade ago They have some history so would be great grudge match.
Why are they not playing ? :D

ugh.. two rack mechanics going at it, tilting and fiddling. dennis is even worse than shane.

but with a ref racking, sure. i still think shane would win though

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sure did look like you was including Shane when you made that statement, now you're retracting what you said!!

I've never heard him complain he , he just sulks and slides low in the chair . His fans however especially when it's brought up he has zero world championships titles always bring up but but but he would win every world title every yr if it was a race to 100 because that's mans pool unlike these kiddy races blah blah blah

highkarate

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When and where was that??
Not sure. A couple other folks in this thread seem to know more about it, but I've definitely heard about it. SJM said that Chang has actually beaten him in 2 races to 100. I only heard about 1 but wouldn't doubt it.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
When and where was that??

In Asia. Chang has owned him on Asian soil. To my knowledge, they've never played a race to 100 in America, just the race to fifty in Houston already mentioned. To some extent, this is because Shane often went to Asia but Chang very rarely played n America. Now that three WPA sanctioned events have been added to the American pool calendar (the International 9-ball, the WPA Players and the World 10-ball) we are sure to see a lot more of Chang in America.

In other words, their first marathon race in America will happen soon enough if Shane wants it, and I'll believe it when I see it after Shane declined a long ten ball race for 30K at the Derby.

Last edited:

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In Asia. Chang has owned him on Asian soil. To my knowledge, they've never played a race to 100 in America, just the race to fifty in Houston already mentioned. To some extent, this is because Shane often went to Asia but Chang very rarely played n America. Now that three WPA sanctioned events have been added to the American pool calendar (the International 9-ball, the WPA Players and the World 10-ball) we are sure to see a lot more of Chang in America.

In other words, their first marathon race in America will happen soon enough if Shane wants it, and I'll believe it when I see it after Shane declined a long ten ball race for 30K at the Derby.
when and where for how much ,what time of day , what size table and pockets what was the temperature , who witnessed this extraordinary feat , was there any video proof ,

Without all these questions answered I have to deem this as a fairytale lol

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
when and where for how much ,what time of day , what size table and pockets what was the temperature , who witnessed this extraordinary feat , was there any video proof ,

Without all these questions answered I have to deem this as a fairytale lol

In the aftermath of all the John Schmidt "did this really happen?" threads, which still continue, your comedic timing is ideal. Thanks for a good laugh.

I think everyone of us is starting to think "if I didn't watch it, it didn't happen."

one stroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the aftermath of all the John Schmidt "did this really happen?" threads, which still continue, your comedic timing is ideal. Thanks for a good laugh.

I think everyone of us is starting to think "if I didn't watch it, it didn't happen."
Yep has to be fake news lol , there could be some very good reasons why it flew under the radar in that part of the world , one thing for sure as it was openly reported here by many , he was here with backers begging for a game and was here for a good while , he was sipping red wine on the sidelines watching Kevin take down James , now that he has left Shaw says he wants a rematch to 125 for a 100k funny how we never heard that while he was parked here , if anything id have to coin that fake news