shuff.png
    61.3 KB · Views: 264

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
brandon seems like a great guy
his pool skills speak for themselves
i would take a lesson with him.

What does "freestyle lessons" mean? Also, I wonder if he will ONLY teach CTE, or if he will teach other methods as well.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
brandon seems like a great guy
his pool skills speak for themselves
i would take a lesson with him.
The fact that he's a CTE user would give me pause. If he thinks it's "totally objective" I'd pass for another coach who knows how aiming really works (hint: shooting really really good isn't enough).

No offense to him - I understand he's a great player.

pj
chgo

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The fact that he's a CTE user would give me pause. If he thinks it's "totally objective" I'd pass for another coach who knows how aiming really works (hint: shooting really really good isn't enough).

pj
chgo

I think it was Brandon in an interview where he said that he basically uses CTE here and there. A ringing endorsement. The video is probably on youtube somewhere but I don't have time to find it at the moment.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I think it was Brandon in an interview where he said that he basically uses CTE here and there. A ringing endorsement. The video is probably on youtube somewhere but I don't have time to find it at the moment.

You are exactly right. At some points during the interview he did not sound very CTE knowledgeable. That doesn't mean he can't teach it, or Stan wouldn't want him to teach it, or he hasn't studied it more since that interview. Hell, if you decide to start giving lessons and someone comes in wanting to pay for CTE lessons, and you've been certified by Stan Shuffett to teach his version, you're gonna do it. Lol

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
/////////////////////////////////////////////////

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

pj
chgo

And you would be missing out. Brandon is a well rounded player with lots of knowledge to share. The fact he will be certified in CTE as well as a master instructor, who can play very very well, is all you really need to know. I'd take him over an aiming forum hack any day.

sixpack

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan posted something interesting on FB some people in this thread might want to read. Could be $5k in it for you.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Very old video from when Brandon was in the beginning stages of CTE. He uses it completely now and that is easily verified by his comments on his FB page.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are exactly right. At some points during the interview he did not sound very CTE knowledgeable. That doesn't mean he can't teach it, or Stan wouldn't want him to teach it, or he hasn't studied it more since that interview. Hell, if you decide to start giving lessons and someone comes in wanting to pay for CTE lessons, and you've been certified by Stan Shuffett to teach his version, you're gonna do it. Lol

Very old video from when Brandon was in the beginning stages of CTE. He uses it completely now and that is easily verified by his comments on his FB page.

PS Brandon has a very good reputation as a person. To insinuate he would teach it just to teach it is in very poor taste. Brandon will teach everything he believes in.
PSS You live close enough to him, take a lesson and decide for yourself.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stan posted something interesting on FB some people in this thread might want to read. Could be $5k in it for you.

The people you refer to have nothing, they wont be running to Stan just to actually prove that,lol.

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

PS Brandon has a very good reputation as a person. To insinuate he would teach it just to teach it is in very poor taste. Brandon will teach everything he believes in.
PSS You live close enough to him, take a lesson and decide for yourself.

There is a relatively recent video of Barton interviewing him where he says he basically doesn't use CTE unless he starts missing and then he goes back to it again to force him to stop using too much english. Is there a more recent video than that?

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is a relatively recent video of Barton interviewing him where he says he basically doesn't use CTE unless he starts missing and then he goes back to it again to force him to stop using too much english. Is there a more recent video than that?

Your "recent video" was probably filmed about 2 years ago. Try to keep up. Brandon credits CTE on FB all the time.