Rest in Peace -Big Joe Masci

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From the 1990's thru 2010 anyone attending the US Open , SBE, or Derby City has seen Big Joe. He was impossible to miss because of his size. The majority of the time he would be sitting by Don Sherman's booth he was a fixture there.

Joe had a real passion for Cues and bought , traded and sold 100's over the years. He was part of as Joe Salazar would call us the Cleveland Crew. We had many many good times together and stories that made us laugh until we cried.

Joe died of congestive Heart failure . He will forever be in my thoughts but cue collecting for me just lost some of the passion. I loved talking Cues and deals with Big Joe.

sureman183

Got "Boti's" ??
Silver Member
Rest in Peace- Big Joe Masci

Big Joe was usually a fixture at my booth for many years. he had a million dollar smile, i'll remember forever. Joe's health has been failing him for quite awhile, so his pain & suffering is over. Joey, i'll see you soon my friend. don Sherman aka Sure Man Cues

qmakr

Registered
Very sad news

This is very sad news. I always like Joe, he was at all the shows and was always great to talk to and be around. Joe had a love for cues and collecting. It was about 3 years since I spoke to Joe, he was having health problems and we all wished him the best. He certainly will be missed, Margaret and my prayers are with him and his family.

Joel Hercek

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Sad news. He was fun to be around.

This is very sad news. I always like Joe, he was at all the shows and was always great to talk to and be around. Joe had a love for cues and collecting. It was about 3 years since I spoke to Joe, he was having health problems and we all wished him the best. He certainly will be missed, Margaret and my prayers are with him and his family.

Joel Hercek

sureman183

Got "Boti's" ??
Silver Member
Rest in Peace-Big Joe Masci

us that knew him well called him Joey. Joey, Bill Dent & a few others were at my booth. those that know me know I have trouble even talking [terrible voice] Joey started singing, [had a very nice singing voice] he said Sure Man, we should go on the road together & sing. I said Joey, I can't sing a lick. Joey, says i'll be lead singer, you just sing FAR, FAR AWAY.we all had a good laugh. he was a joy to be around. thanks, Frank, Joel & Tony for your comments. don "the SUREMANATER" Sherman aka Sure Man Cues

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Merry

Merry Christmas Joe it was very different this year with you not being here. I hope your thread and John's stay together.

sureman183

Got "Boti's" ??
Silver Member
Rest in Peace- Big Joe Masci

one of my favorite friends, Joe was a joy to be around. most of the events now seem empty w/o him. don

franko

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ronnnn TYlicki

Think and talk about you and John everyday . Ron Tylicki was over today and asked about you. No one ever told him you passed he felt terrible . I see Bill Dent about every two weeks and the subject always turns to you and your antics.
We are planning to hook up with Frankie Chrerasso on your Birthday and have a toast to you.