2020 AZ Billiards Straight Pool Challenge!

poolplayher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
19 as of 1/20

Edit: 21 as of today 1/25

Sent from my iPhone using AzBilliards Forums

Last edited:

Hal2

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I ran a 71 on January 16, 2020. It was a real clean run with no rattlers or banks on a Diamond Pro 9 foot table. At my age, it took be by surprise, especially since its been 5 years since I ran over 80.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi All! Post your 2020 runs in this thread and I'll keep this first post up to date with everyone's high run. This list is for regular posters here on AZ Billiards. Videos are always in demand and generate good discussion and I'll post links if you upload them. Rules are cue ball fouls only, call pocket, any rack method allowed, any cleaning methodology allowed, run does not have to start from break shot, run can be practice or in an actual game. *Feel free to make the rules more strict if you prefer for yourself:) Good luck all!

Prior Year Threads:
2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006,

2020 Results:
76 - stevekur1 - Jan 1 - Also 70, 66
71 - Hal2 - Jan 16
70 - Side Pocket - Jan 10 - Video 70
45 - Bob Jewett - Jan 18
35 - Mick - Jan 21
30 - Chris in NC - Jan 4 (10' Table)
30 - Samiel - Jan 9
28 - robertno1pool - Jan 19
24 - BayGene - Jan 1
21 - poolplayher - Jan 25, Also 19
18 - iusedtoberich - Jan 20 - Video 18
15 - Texas Carom Club - Jan 20 - Also 13

Thanks iusedtoberich for taking care of this thread. Maybe I have time to shoot couple runs this weekend..

Dan Harriman

One of the best in 14.1
Silver Member
103 on birtha

Hi All! Post your 2020 runs in this thread and I'll keep this first post up to date with everyone's high run. This list is for regular posters here on AZ Billiards. Videos are always in demand and generate good discussion and I'll post links if you upload them. Rules are cue ball fouls only, call pocket, any rack method allowed, any cleaning methodology allowed, run does not have to start from break shot, run can be practice or in an actual game. *Feel free to make the rules more strict if you prefer for yourself:) Good luck all!

Prior Year Threads:
2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006,

2020 Results:
76 - stevekur1 - Jan 1 - Also 70, 66
71 - Hal2 - Jan 16
70 - Side Pocket - Jan 10 - Video 70
45 - Bob Jewett - Jan 18
35 - Mick - Jan 21
30 - Chris in NC - Jan 4 (10' Table)
30 - Samiel - Jan 9
28 - robertno1pool - Jan 19
24 - BayGene - Jan 1
21 - poolplayher - Jan 25, Also 19
18 - iusedtoberich - Jan 20 - Video 18
15 - Texas Carom Club - Jan 20 - Also 13

103 on Birtha (Kansas City Kling 5x10) yesterday

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I start to get frustrated.. ran around 10 times 50+ but can´t get over 60 somehow. Last 4 tries all were 55 or 54.. sick sick..
3 more tries and I am done for awhile.

djoverboard

Registered
Ran 15 in practice last night should have been more....got a little out of line on my key ball and ended up almost straight on my break ball. The line to the break ball was there just didn’t get there as had to make whitey travel to the end rail and back to half table instead of a couple inches
I actually was taking video but not sure how to up load of attach it

Last edited:

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Ran 82 in a game on my birthday 2/2/20 and Yes that's more than my age.

really thought i was gonna top 100 again, hung up a tough cut going after a cluster.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ran 15 in practice last night should have been more....got a little out of line on my key ball and ended up almost straight on my break ball. The line to the break ball was there just didn’t get there as had to make whitey travel to the end rail and back to half table instead of a couple inches
I actually was taking video but not sure how to up load of attach it

Do you know how to upload the video to YouTube? If so, do that, and then copy and paste the YouTube link here.

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member
Ohhhh, 2020 thread. I had a 58 at the start of January but have since recorded over it. Jan 5th would be close enough. 9ft, 4.25” pockets.

sgengaro86

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just ran 28 - my best ever. I got straight in on side pocket break shot and could not get into the rack. Prior best was 19. Goal is 50!

9BallJim

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do play everything, but I am woefully out of practice. I need to dig out my video camera. Maybe 9BallJim can film us playing one day.

I haven’t been recording matches since my video editing software stopped working. I need to find another solution.

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member
74 on Feb 11.

https://youtu.be/ZTWu0hlzvUI

Excuse the sniffling and coughing. I’m recovering from influenza. This was my first real go at the table in a month.

By the way, I live on a small island in South Korea. No one plays 14.1 here, and I only started playing last year around October, so I have no one to learn from or get feedback. If anyone has the patience to watch my video, please leave advice, suggestions, things I could have done differently. I really wanted to make a hundred in January but got super sick and ended up in hospital. Super keen to learn anything that will improve my 14.1 game and help me knock in a century.

Last edited:

Samiel

Sea Player
Silver Member
74 on Feb 11.

https://youtu.be/ZTWu0hlzvUI

Excuse the sniffling and coughing. I’m recovering from influenza. This was my first real go at the table in a month.

By the way, I live on a small island in South Korea. No one plays 14.1 here, and I only started playing last year around October, so I have no one to learn from or get feedback. If anyone has the patience to watch my video, please leave advice, suggestions, things I could have done differently. I really wanted to make a hundred in January but got super sick and ended up in hospital. Super keen to learn anything that will improve my 14.1 game and help me knock in a century.

Very nice. Could you tell us a little about your table?