2017 World Chinese 8 Ball Masters...who has info?

I says on that site for the event that he actually got a chinese 8-ball table at his place in SD, if he is actually focusing on the game and practicing on the actual equipment he might surprise some people. While I doubt he will be the next Potts he might be competitive against most.

It will improve his fundamentals, for sure.

zed9

Registered
The lack of info is somewhat strange. They have sponsored Stephen Hendry, Gareth Potts and now SVB, invited many other 'foreign' players to play in this tournament, flights and accomodation paid for from all over the planet yet the tournament has already started and there is absolutely no info / brackets etc on the web in English language.
I can only assume that the 'international flavour' is for their domestic marketing purposes and they are not really interested in trying to expand the game. Given that Joy billiards claim to have 3000 pool halls in China maybe they're correct that America and Europe are not worthwhile as markets

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The lack of info is somewhat strange. They have sponsored Stephen Hendry, Gareth Potts and now SVB, invited many other 'foreign' players to play in this tournament, flights and accomodation paid for from all over the planet yet the tournament has already started and there is absolutely no info / brackets etc on the web in English language.
I can only assume that the 'international flavour' is for their domestic marketing purposes and they are not really interested in trying to expand the game. Given that Joy billiards claim to have 3000 pool halls in China maybe they're correct that America and Europe are not worthwhile as markets

The info is here: http://alison-chang.com/2017/01/10/...asters-grand-finale-kicks-off-in-qinhuangdao/

Of interest to many of us -- Shane Van Boening lost his first match 4-13 to Yu Ting then won his second match 14-6 against Jorge Llanos. Corey Deuel won his first two matches, 13-5 vs. Alejandro Ossandon and 12-11 vs. Zheng Yubo.

smashmouth

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i find it interesting that Brunswick became a juggernaut by heavily sponsoring players and tourneys and now finally...........Star and Joy are doing the same

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If I'm reading this right, will the matches be starting up again in 6 hours? 12 o'clock China time, 8 pm west coast, 11 pm east coast?

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
SVB's stroke looks much different (looser) than the rigid snooker style used by most of the other players. He's doing OK so far though.

skip100

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After doing OK for the first few frames Shane started having big problems and went down 10-4. Won the last two and is now down 10-6 in a race to 13.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Looks like Corey Deuel's third match (winners' side) will be against Francisco Diaz-Pizarro of Spain in a few hours.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In that match SVB lost, Yu Ting played phenomenal.

Unfortunately for SVB, his opponents don't have to play phenomenal to beat him at this game.

It's a whole different world that he's not used to, but at least he's taking on the challenge. Kudos for that.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is this the same tournament that Dazz won close to $100K a couple yrs ago? Had watched the finals last yr. It was a very entertaining match.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Is this the same tournament that Dazz won close to $100K a couple yrs ago? Had watched the finals last yr. It was a very entertaining match.

No, Daz won the China Billiard World Championship in 2015, then placed 3rd in 2016.

This event is the World Chinese 8-Ball Masters. This is the 5th year. Gareth Potts won in 2013 and 2014, then Yang Fan won in 2015 and 2016.

AtLarge

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Deuel lost to Diaz-Pizarro. So his next match is against the guy who knocked SVB out of the event -- GuangHao Zhang. Scheduled for noon on the 12th, which would be 11pm tonight USA east-coast time (i.e., about 7 hours from now).

Double-Dave

Developing cue-addict
Silver Member
I had the privelege of watching Liam Dunster become European and World Champion
back to back in English Pool. Single KO in fields of 128/256. Not sure how he is doing
in this event but to say "this kid can play" is a bit of an understatement.