Finally going to get rid of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cubc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm finally getting rid of my chicken wing. My first instruction to remove it starts this afternoon. It feels like I'm awaiting an amputation operation. Some shots just require so much focus to keep my stroke straight the way I shoot I feel it's worth it to try to get rid of the wing.

I'm posting this because I'm actually nervous to do it. I'm a week or so shy of my 3 year playing mark and I do like how I play, but at the same time dont want it to hold me back. So at the risk of crucifying my game for awhile I'm going to do it anyway. Anyone whos seen me shoot or watched my video knows how painful I am to watch shoot with it.

RIP Chicken wing, Col Sanders, Wang, Hot Wing, and every other nickname I've had. Hopefully I dont suck again for too long.

storke

One Pocket Player
Silver Member
lol

Good luck with it. The results you will get will take time but will definitely pay off!

cubc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've never backed down from a challenge yet o_O And I had no tail last time I checked. What're you talking about?

pooltchr

Prof. Billiard Instructor
Silver Member
Just out of curiosity, who is the doctor performing the surgery?
Steve

leehayes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cubc said:
I've never backed down from a challenge yet o_O And I had no tail last time I checked. What're you talking about?
Always so quick to be offended...how about he might have been making a joke?

cubc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Kelly Fisher.

I've seen some people shes worked with and they're stroke and accuracy is phenominal. She's also worked with my girl and some shots shes making now are.. ridiculous as well.

It should be obvious how impressed I am at peoples results from her foundation teaching for me to give up.... my precious... but wes dont wants the wings no mores.

I have a couple of videos of my game with the wing.. after I work with her and then put in the time and effort required I'll make another to do a comparison.. lord knows I play enough that time and effort wont be a problem.

cubc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
leehayes said:
Always so quick to be offended...how about he might have been making a joke?

Little defensive towards his post because I read a lot of his posts in other threads this morning and they were all aggressive and harsh towards others. I figured I was no different.

leehayes

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cubc said:
Little defensive towards his post because I read a lot of his posts in other threads this morning and they were all aggressive and harsh towards others. I figured I was no different.
Ok, point well taken...just notice that you seem to take posts personal alot. Just an observation...not a criticism.

cubc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Perhaps I do. Tone is a bit hard to get across on a forum and the wording may hit me differently at times. I try not to though :)

jsp

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
cubc said:
...Anyone whos seen me shoot or watched my video knows how painful I am to watch shoot with it...
I did watch your video, and you did shoot well.

Normally I would say As long as you pocket balls, who cares what you look like while doing it?

But man, after watching your video....:p

Good luck with the operation. Keep us updated on how it goes.

omgwtf

massiveunderstatement.com
Silver Member
Rsvp

From the "Fatboy I Challenge You" thread:

cubc said:
better chance of a game if it's public.. kinda like calling someone out in public they wont be so quick to back down. But in private it's a diff story. That's my guess as to why it's a thread.

From a message I received earlier this morning from cubc himself via AOL Instant Messenger:

cubc said:
Ok you said next time you come out here you want to play for a lot of $. I'll play you 8 ahead for 2,000 or 3,000 and i'll give you the 7. I'll post up. I wont be nice this time. That's a standing offer until January 09. Brad will play some thousand dollar sets too. So heres your chance to win big or go busted.

Please forgive me for taking the liberty of posting your challenge, but, as you have noted yourself, there is a better chance of a game if the challenge is made public. I am posting this to assure you that I will not back down.

It is very gracious of you to offer this game, and I wholeheartedly accept.

I have one condition, and that is for YOU to come out to this side of the United States to play me.

I have already flown out there to play you once, giving you the benefit of time change as well as home-court advantage. I believe you should return the favor.

Just like you, I have many responsibilities and I am also employed. I suggest playing in Las Vegas in May, during the BCA 8-Ball Championships. Then, not only can you bust me, you can immediately spend my donation on all Sin City has to offer. In addition, the Cue Club's fine 9-foot Brunswicks will be neutral territory. I do apologize in advance if we will have to work a little around my tournament schedule, but I do not doubt that we will find an arrangement agreeable to both of us.

It sounds like it'll be a fun time. Do you agree?

1pRoscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
omgwtf said:
From the "Fatboy I Challenge You" thread:

From a message I received earlier this morning from cubc himself via AOL Instant Messenger:

Please forgive me for taking the liberty of posting your challenge, but, as you have noted yourself, there is a better chance of a game if the challenge is made public. I am posting this to assure you that I will not back down.

It is very gracious of you to offer this game, and I wholeheartedly accept.

I have one condition, and that is for YOU to come out to this side of the United States to play me.

I have already flown out there to play you once, giving you the benefit of time change as well as home-court advantage. I believe you should return the favor.

Just like you, I have many responsibilities and I am also employed. I suggest playing in Las Vegas in May, during the BCA 8-Ball Championships. Then, not only can you bust me, you can immediately spend my donation on all Sin City has to offer. In addition, the Cue Club's fine 9-foot Brunswicks will be neutral territory. I do apologize in advance if we will have to work a little around my tournament schedule, but I do not doubt that we will find an arrangement agreeable to both of us.

It sounds like it'll be a fun time. Do you agree?

tap dancing guy from Sesame Street: CHALLENGE!!!!!!

Bigkahuna

It's Good For Your Game!
Silver Member
Chicken Wing

cubc said:
I'm finally getting rid of my chicken wing. My first instruction to remove it starts this afternoon. It feels like I'm awaiting an amputation operation. Some shots just require so much focus to keep my stroke straight the way I shoot I feel it's worth it to try to get rid of the wing.

I'm posting this because I'm actually nervous to do it. I'm a week or so shy of my 3 year playing mark and I do like how I play, but at the same time dont want it to hold me back. So at the risk of crucifying my game for awhile I'm going to do it anyway. Anyone whos seen me shoot or watched my video knows how painful I am to watch shoot with it.

RIP Chicken wing, Col Sanders, Wang, Hot Wing, and every other nickname I've had. Hopefully I dont suck again for too long.

Yep, that is some chicken wing you got there. Tough habit to break tell your team mates to call you chicken wing when you do it, that may help. You may want to try a different stance also. Seems you are trying to keep you hand near the hip which is fine as long as your arm is verticle. I have a young lady on one of my teams that had the wing and it was certainly an improvement for her to correct it.

smokeandapancak

what?
Silver Member
Confused on the whole OMGWTF challenge thing......

but..dude.. oyu play good, real good at least from the vid you posted... dont know whay you would want to flip the whole thing around now...

there are a few players with the Wing that do quite well.......either..anyone?

DeadPoked

Inadequate User
Silver Member
cubc said:

Like my good friend Big Ern McCracken once said, "Speak of the Devil, and he appears".

1pRoscoe

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DeadPoked said:
Like my good friend Big Ern McCracken once said, "Speak of the Devil, and he appears".
I thought he said, "Sometimes a bowler has to face the music..." :confused: :p

Status
Not open for further replies.