My First Veneered Full Spliced Blank

MVPCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hopefully the mods don't mind the double posting as some cuemakers don't visit the gallery and vice versa.

Some time back I started building jigs to make my own full spliced blanks. I recently took a trip to Erie to work with Bob Dzuricky on adding mitered veneers to them. Bob documented the endeavor in a video linked below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4lRBZM_gFw

I had a lot of fun and am elated at the results. I owe Bob considerable gratitude for leading the way with the veneer work. Thank you.

Here are two pics of the first blank we assembled together. The butt wood is Curupay.

fs-capture-1.jpg

fs-capture-2.jpg

j2pac

Marital Slow Learner.
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Very nice.

And thanks for the video as well.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Indeed Doc...Not only is MVP a bright spot in the cuemaking world, he is also one of the classiest, stand up people, I've ever had the pleasure of getting to know. :cool:
Keep'em coming KP.

Buster8001

Did you say shrubberies?
Silver Member
Wow! Phenomenal work.

Bob is also a hell of a guy. I've had several of his cues and they were all top notch.

I'd really like to get in on one of yours.

Josh

cyberrot

Curly Maple Nut
Silver Member
looking good, Kelly!

Maybe it is time to get in line again for another cue from you :D

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Beauty colors. Nice combo. I love that PurplePinger on your website. My compliments to your cue making.

Last edited:

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Very nice.

I am old school and love the great veneers and a simple hoppe style butt. All the rage today seems to be inlays, but IMO, they often take away from the cue more than they COMPLIMENT it.

Ken