why we love the game

J

JohnyV

Hill-Hill in the biggest money match of your life, a tough but makeable shot on the 9-ball; who do you want to be shooting? None of us want our opponent shooting, to be taking his shot. I want to be the one shooting. Heart pounding. Ready to hide if I dog it, or hollar if I fire it in.

Today is my day to step up and see. Raise the sword above my head and either knight me worthy for yet another day of battle or lop my head off my shoulders. Does it matter which? Probably not.

The bankroll is better off if you win. I think you learn more when you lose, but it's more fun to win. Either way, I'll have new peaks to climb tomorrow. Here's why I keep coming back for more.

i read that off a article, i thought it was a reason we all love playing. another interesting thing. how much money would it take for you to never touch a pool stick , or play the game again, see lol u cant imagine it if you really love the game, maye a few of you all can give some thoughts ? well gl all.

Cardinal_Syn

Julz
Silver Member
i love the game cause of the competetion...always fighting myself, striving to be the best i can be.......i just love the challenge, you know when you go to tournaments facing people better than you then somehow managing to beat them, just makes me feel better about myself.

Vicki

Mrs. Capone
Silver Member
Quote Johny V:
how much money would it take for you to never touch a pool stick , or play the game again, see lol u cant imagine it if you really love the game, maye a few of you all can give some thoughts ?

This reminds me of a book called "The Book of Questions" that asks questions similar in nature to this. Good book for getting to know someone (even someone you already know).

For example, If you could cut off a part of your body, in a surgical procedure, by trained medical professionals, and in exchange, you would be free from disease for the rest of your life, would you do it?

I would. Happy to give you my pinkey or an ear lobe and never have cancer, aids, colds, flu, parkinsons... Take it - hell, take two.

As for the $$ it would take for me to give up the game... Wow - sorry but no thanks. Couldn't do it. It's like asking me to give up my family - my culture. No can do - no way. Not for a million - not for $10 million. Not for anything.

Thanks for an interesting question. I'll have to ask my friends at the pool room how much it would take for them to give it up. I don't think they'd quit it for any amount of money either.

Vicki

jjinfla

Banned
The way my game is going and the way that the second hand smoke is bothering me lately it probably wouldn't take a whole bunch of money. In fact I may have to quit the bar scenes and pool halls just for my health. Jake