Please refund the money you owe!!

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Do the right thing Brent Summers refund my money , you are a thief!!!!

Dude, you have a C+ rating with the BBB for doing dirty business. Check yourself and your glass house.

And, if you really have purchased hundreds of cues over the years and 60 from 1 person...you're kind of weird.

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Holy crap, theres a spec of unfinished surface less and 1/8 of am inch

Burn the world down

Damn its gotta be fun being rich!

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
Does this fall under "any publicity is good publicity as long as they spell your name right"?

lucky1974

Registered
I dont have a dog in this fight so my opinion means nothing. But I just cant believe someone would let that cue out with that wrap. I was very fortunate to buy cues from paul dayton who was fantastic at wraps. The wrap on that cue from the pics looks horrible.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I feel he stated the facts in his first post explaining what went down im sure what hes saying is he needs to go over all his emails texts etc for dates and times but he definitely stated pretty precisely what happened

Don’t post anything until you have them together.. Thier are 2 sides to every story. He posted no facts except he feels he should get his money back.

raistlinsdragon

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I dont have a dog in this fight so my opinion means nothing. But I just cant believe someone would let that cue out with that wrap. I was very fortunate to buy cues from paul dayton who was fantastic at wraps. The wrap on that cue from the pics looks horrible.
I agree with you, Also Summers agreed to the refund and said it would take awhile. Just away of saying I don't have the money to pay you. That being said...Would you now risk sending him a down payment? 5 weeks turns into 5 months. It's just amazing anyone sends a cue maker money up front. How many times must we see this before we learn. At least send the money by PayPal and eat the 3%. Just a thought.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
After years of owning cues and dealing with makers i'm down to these guys: Bryan Mordt(BCM). Great cues and a super guy. Jerry Rauenzahn. Same thing. Better get one before he retires. Josh Treadway. Unreal cues and a real stand-up dude. Bob Owen. If he says it, he's gonna do it. Case closed. I'm sure there's others but these are on my short list of who i'd spend $$ with.

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
After years of owning cues and dealing with makers i'm down to these guys: Bryan Mordt(BCM). Great cues and a super guy. Jerry Rauenzahn. Same thing. Better get one before he retires. Josh Treadway. Unreal cues and a real stand-up dude. Bob Owen. If he says it, he's gonna do it. Case closed. I'm sure there's others but these are on my short list of who i'd spend $$ with.

I've only dealt with one cuemaker over the last decade. Have multiple cues from him. Great cues and treats his regulars right...

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Interesting to see the people who will jump all over the OP for this. He buys a product, it does not meet his expectations, he wants a refund, refund is agreed to....but on the makers timeline.

Unless this return policy was discussed before the transaction, I can't imagine many people would be happy with a refund only when it is convenient for the seller. As I understand, the cue maker has 1. the original cue, 2. the buyer's money, and 3. the buyers jewelry. And folks on here are busting the OP's balls. Wow.

KAP1976

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Interesting to see the people who will jump all over the OP for this. He buys a product, it does not meet his expectations, he wants a refund, refund is agreed to....but on the makers timeline.

Unless this return policy was discussed before the transaction, I can't imagine many people would be happy with a refund only when it is convenient for the seller. As I understand, the cue maker has 1. the original cue, 2. the buyer's money, and 3. the buyers jewelry. And folks on here are busting the OP's balls. Wow.

I work for an insurance company, one of the biggest in this country, and its standard for a refund of premium to take 30 days. Waiting sucks but it isn't out of the ordinary. Now, if he waited five weeks and got nothing but an excuse and another delay, yeah, by all means bite their head off.

Bic D

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I think it was the a the manner in which it was originally posted. There were no details. Just bad mouthing with a post saying that the OP needed to collect his thoughts and he would be back with details.

What I found amusing is the OP has a less than stellar customer service record himself but feels the need to come here and put the man on blast.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think it was the a the manner in which it was originally posted. There were no details. Just bad mouthing with a post saying that the OP needed to collect his thoughts and he would be back with details.

What I found amusing is the OP has a less than stellar customer service record himself but feels the need to come here and put the man on blast.

Man's been in business for over 60 years. Must be doing something right. Besides, that really has no bearing on this, other than karma could be catching up if he is shady. Regardless, if I put myself in his position, I would be upset as well.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I work for an insurance company, one of the biggest in this country, and its standard for a refund of premium to take 30 days. Waiting sucks but it isn't out of the ordinary. Now, if he waited five weeks and got nothing but an excuse and another delay, yeah, by all means bite their head off.

There is very little in common between an insurance company and a cuemaker. So little, I don't see how one can be measured against the other

DelawareDogs

The Double Deuce…
Silver Member
Man's been in business for over 60 years. Must be doing something right. Besides, that really has no bearing on this, other than karma could be catching up if he is shady. Regardless, if I put myself in his position, I would be upset as well.

I'm not so sure the man's been in business 60 years, or the business has been in business 60 years[two entirely different things]......... Someone could have been doing something right......that's all I'm saying about that

Back to my popcorn.:smile-us-down:

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is very little in common between an insurance company and a cuemaker. So little, I don't see how one can be measured against the other

Agreed, apples - oranges.

As much as the OP didn't start out on a good note as of right now I'm siding with the OP as the cue maker as still not refunded the money nor has he (publicly) stated when he is going to refund the money.

And for a $2500-$4000 cue - I wouldn't accept those scratches either, or the toothpick that appears to be stuck in the wrap.

As of now the OP is in the lead.

BSummersCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Copied and pasted from text messages between us: I'm trying to resolve this....

I will have 1400 on the 15th and another 1400 April 14th. So I guess the day I can pay u hack in full is april 14th

April 15th meant

So will pay you in full on April 15th.

Or can do half on 15th of this month and rest next mth

From Ryan:

Like I said I'd like my money info jewelry back and I will leave you alone

From me:

Well that's what I can do.

gesan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Tap Tap Tap

Well said!

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Copied and pasted from text messages between us: I'm trying to resolve this....

I will have 1400 on the 15th and another 1400 April 14th. So I guess the day I can pay u hack in full is april 14th

April 15th meant

So will pay you in full on April 15th.

Or can do half on 15th of this month and rest next mth

From Ryan:

Like I said I'd like my money info jewelry back and I will leave you alone

From me:

Well that's what I can do.

Props for the effort, now it's in the OP's court.