Strickland Hall of Fame petition,sign here

recoveryjones

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CaptainJR said:
One yes vote from my wife.

And yes I did say something to them about it.

A vote from the daughter, the wife and yourself, excellent. Got any pets or relatives?
:D RJ

Sweet Marissa

www.Bella-Muse.com
Attitude has nothing to do with talent and skill. Look at football players, baseball players, et cetera. They aren't disqualified for their personalities. Even those who don't like Earl's attitide want him in the HoF! That should indicate something!

BTW, I've been in his company, and he was a gentleman.

AND YES, HE HAS MY VOTE!

CaptainJR

Shiver me timbers.
Silver Member
I was just thinking and if I were Earl, I wouldn't want in the hall of fame. Not yet! Heck I'm older than he is and I don't want in the hall of fame for anything. People in the Hall of Fame are 'over the hill'. I not dead yet. Putting him in the hall of fame is like saying, 'Your all washed up so we'll give you a little award'. I personally don't think Earl is done yet. I guess there would be some pride in being in the hall of fame when your still young enought to kick ass.

rayjay

some of the kids
Silver Member
Earl should have been in years ago. I vote yes. Put him in the hof asap.

recoveryjones

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just thought I'd bring this thread back to the top because I think that's where Earl resides as far as ALLTIME greatness goes in 9 ball :D RJ

SCCues

< Searing Twins
Silver Member
Strickland in the Hall of Fame

I attend the US Open every year and if Earl Strickland is playing I always try to get a seat near his match so I can watch one of the best 9 ball players in history. I don't agree with some of the things i've seen Earl do during his matches, but many of those things were brought on by fans more interested in upsetting Earl than watching a good match. Earl brings excitement to pool and whether you're a fan of his or not it's hard to disagree that he has to be one of the best 9 ball players ever. Nobody can match Earl's 9 ball record, period!

Politics plays a huge part in the BCA's hall of fame selection every year. I like Robin Bell and I think she's a credit to pool, but for her to be inducted into the BCA hall of fame before Earl Strickland just doesn't make any sense to me.

SCCues

MikeJanis

Banned
EasyMoney said:
after watching the skins game and what he did to charlie williams earl has no respect for the game and should never be let in the hof based only on the move he made not giving up ball in hand after the foul. he has no respect for his sport and therefore deserves no respect

Have you ever seen a basesball player call himself out at home plate after the referee said he was safe? The match was refereed and it is up to the Ref to call the foul not the player.

As a gentleman maybe Earl should have called it himself but as a professional player in a professional event it's not up to him.

Earl's got my vote !

Mj

Bob Romano

Bob' Wife
Silver Member
Earl should have been in the HOF many many years ago. I am shocked that he was not voted in and question the ballots.

Eydie

wahcheck

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
bottom line

It's obvious to anyone who knows pool that Earl should be a slam dunk for the HOF....I for one would vote for him if I had a vote....although like so many other fans, I have been embarrassed in the past watching his behavior....but I vote for him for his talent and accomplishments; not his antics and misbehavior.....regardless of whether or when he makes it into the HOF, this guy definitely qualifies as a pool legend....his name will stand well beside Mosconi, Lassiter, Greenleaf, Sigel, Hall, Reyes, and all the other greats in pool history, no matter what snubs he may get from the present-day politics of the pool industry.............

justnum

Billiards Improvement Research Projects Associate
Silver Member
JAM being too smart for her own good.

I am sure the Earl HOF dinner got a bunch of "investors" really happy.

As for Earl well, he got a free dinner.

In recent times the BCA did help with the US open issue.

I think the majority of the pool-playing public views the BCA Hall of Fame as the ultimate award and should be given to a deserving champion player or contributor to the sport.

I think Earl Strickland and Allen Hopkins, another very worthy candidate, recognize the BCA for what it is: a trades-based organization consisting of industry members with a mission to benefit THEIR needs.

Though some may feel the BCA is not giving Earl his fair due, it could be that the players themselves may not regard the BCA in the same light and do not feel sleighted in the least.

Food for thought is who receives the most benefit in the BCA when a worthy candidate is elected in the BCA Hall of Fame. It ain't the awardee (IMO).

JAM

donny mills

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow I didn't know that Earl wasn't in the hof. What a joke that he's not. Who all is in the hall of fame?

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Wow I didn't know that Earl wasn't in the hof. What a joke that he's not. Who all is in the hall of fame?

This post is old. Earl got there the very next year.
Here you go:

Johnny Archer (2009)
Joe Balsis (1982)
Jean Balukas (1985)
Francisco Bustamante (2010)
Lou Butera (1986)
Jimmy Caras (1977)
Raymond Ceulemans (2001)
Welker Cochran (1967)
Irving Crane (1978)
Arthur Cranfield (1997)
Alfredo DeOro (1967)
Danny DiLiberto (2011)
Robin Bell Dodson (2005)
Allison Fisher (2009)
Ralph Greenleaf (1966)
Cecil Hall (2000)
Allen Hopkins (2008)
Willie Hoppe (1966)
Larry Johnson (1999)
Loree Jon Jones (2002)
Edwin Kelly (2003)
Johnny Layton (1974)
Luther Lassiter (1983)
Ewa Mataya Laurance (2004)
Sang Chun Lee (2007)
Ray Martin (1994)
Ruth McGinnis (1997)
Steve Mizerak (1980)
Jimmy Moore (1994)
Willie Mosconi (1968)
Cicero Murphy (1995)
Andrew Ponzi (1988)
Jim Rempe (2002)
Efren Reyes (2003)
Erwin Rudolph (1987)
Jake Schaefer, Sr. (1968)
Jake Schaefer, Jr. (1968)
Mike Sigel (1989)
Ralf Souquet (2011)
Earl Strickland (2006)
Frank Taberski (1975)
Eddie Taylor (1993)
Nick Varner (1992)
Dallas West (1996)
Dorothy Wise (1981)
Harold Worst (1972)

Meritorious Service:

George Balabushka (2004)
Terry Bell & Larry Hubbart (2010)
John Brunswick (1990)
Robert Byrne (2001)
Pat Fleming (2008)
John Wesley Hyatt (1972)
Mike Massey (2005)
Ben Nartzik (1967)
Charlie Peterson (1966)
Michael Phelan (1993)
Herman Rambow (1969)
Walter Tevis (1991)
Rudolph Wanderone (1984)
Donny Mills (2013)
Chris Bartram (2014)

RonsTheOne

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
AHH...I see what you did there......Ron

This post is old. Earl got there the very next year.
Here you go:

Johnny Archer (2009)
Joe Balsis (1982)
Jean Balukas (1985)
Francisco Bustamante (2010)
Lou Butera (1986)
Jimmy Caras (1977)
Raymond Ceulemans (2001)
Welker Cochran (1967)
Irving Crane (1978)
Arthur Cranfield (1997)
Alfredo DeOro (1967)
Danny DiLiberto (2011)
Robin Bell Dodson (2005)
Allison Fisher (2009)
Ralph Greenleaf (1966)
Cecil Hall (2000)
Allen Hopkins (2008)
Willie Hoppe (1966)
Larry Johnson (1999)
Loree Jon Jones (2002)
Edwin Kelly (2003)
Johnny Layton (1974)
Luther Lassiter (1983)
Ewa Mataya Laurance (2004)
Sang Chun Lee (2007)
Ray Martin (1994)
Ruth McGinnis (1997)
Steve Mizerak (1980)
Jimmy Moore (1994)
Willie Mosconi (1968)
Cicero Murphy (1995)
Andrew Ponzi (1988)
Jim Rempe (2002)
Efren Reyes (2003)
Erwin Rudolph (1987)
Jake Schaefer, Sr. (1968)
Jake Schaefer, Jr. (1968)
Mike Sigel (1989)
Ralf Souquet (2011)
Earl Strickland (2006)
Frank Taberski (1975)
Eddie Taylor (1993)
Nick Varner (1992)
Dallas West (1996)
Dorothy Wise (1981)
Harold Worst (1972)

Meritorious Service:

George Balabushka (2004)
Terry Bell & Larry Hubbart (2010)
John Brunswick (1990)
Robert Byrne (2001)
Pat Fleming (2008)
John Wesley Hyatt (1972)
Mike Massey (2005)
Ben Nartzik (1967)
Charlie Peterson (1966)
Michael Phelan (1993)
Herman Rambow (1969)
Walter Tevis (1991)
Rudolph Wanderone (1984)
Donny Mills (2013)
Chris Bartram (2014)

dacue

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Champion he has been over the years. It is very wrong for him not to be in "Hall of Fame". Should have happened years ago.
REALLY!

JB Cases

www.jbcases.com
Silver Member
Justnum what is your problem?

Earl is in the Hall of Fame.

Everyone please read before you post. Justnum is dredging up old threads for his/her amusement.