My Gold crown 1

Al-po

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hello all. So i am somewhat new to the forum, did a lot of surfing around but not much posting in the last 2 months while I was searching for a home table. After much research I came to the decision on a Gold Crown, which is what I shot on for 7 years at my LPH before it closed down. Now it was time to find one, so after 2 months of craigslist and ebay I came across Pat O'donnell and Bob Deturk from advanced billiards solutions. I was able to drive out to there shop and set up a deal on a 1963 Gold Crown 1. I am happy to report that on Tuesday Pat and team delivered and set up my holy grail.

I can only say how pleased I was throughout the whole process; from meeting Bob at the shop, answering all my questions, returning my annoying calls every other day and most of all being careful not to scratch my new hard wood floors (my wife would have killed me ;).

I just wanted to throw out my appreciation and state that I would recommend them to anyone.

I have attached some photos of the process and the finished product. Thanks again!!!

IMG_30471.JPG

IMG_30501.JPG

IMG_30522.JPG

IMG_30531.JPG

IMG_30551.JPG

IMG_3058.JPG

IMG_3067.JPG

IMG_3068.JPG

IMG_30692.JPG

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Hello all. So i am somewhat new to the forum, did a lot of surfing around but not much posting in the last 2 months while I was searching for a home table. After much research I came to the decision on a Gold Crown, which is what I shot on for 7 years at my LPH before it closed down. Now it was time to find one, so after 2 months of craigslist and ebay I came across Pat O'donnell and Bob Deturk from advanced billiards solutions. I was able to drive out to there shop and set up a deal on a 1963 Gold Crown 1. I am happy to report that on Tuesday Pat and team delivered and set up my holy grail.

I can only say how pleased I was throughout the whole process; from meeting Bob at the shop, answering all my questions, returning my annoying calls every other day and most of all being careful not to scratch my new hard wood floors (my wife would have killed me ;).

I just wanted to throw out my appreciation and state that I would recommend them to anyone.

I have attached some photos of the process and the finished product. Thanks again!!!
IMG_30551.JPG

Nice beautiful 2 tone refinished GC1, Bob & Pat & crew do some great work, some of the best work I know of in the Northeast that's for sure. Did they finish off the pockets in this picture so you couldn't see any wood from the slate frame under the slate pocket, or leave it as is...just wondering...everyone has a different way of finishing the pockets. Table looks beautiful....lot of hours into fixing that one up right...great job Bob:D

Glen

Al-po

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will have to check that out... I did not notice any wood when the inserts were placed in.

Spider1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Love those early 60's GCs....favorite tables ever. Enjoy!

(You gotta find the old corner chrome pieces with the ash tray though, those are just too cool)

Al-po

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Agreed!! Pat and I were actually talking about those on the install. I saw a picture of the table on the forum with the ashtray inserts about a week ago and just love the look of those things!!

Gc i

GC I's rock.

I can almost hear the break shot "crack" in that room. Between the hardwood and the fireplace, must be some awesome accoustics. Best table ever, bar none IMHO.

Al-po

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the comments... I went back and forth between a black or cream on the 2 tone and soo glad went with the cream

WOW, that's and awesome job guy's....that table's beautiful...glade to see the great work you guy's are doing.

Two-tone looks so good on that style table....congratulations to the owner...great buy.

Mark Gregory

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the comments... I went back and forth between a black or cream on the 2 tone and soo glad went with the cream

That table looks great. A lot of people who say they don't like the looks of the Gold Crown in their homes don't realize how you can customize the look. Mine is finished in two tone gray to match the fireplace. When I first set it up it was white and the look took over the room, it was awful. When I toned it down with the gray it now looks fantastic. Every time someone goes into the billiard room they remark how great it looks. Some comment they didn't know they came in that color. I guess they don't know you can paint them of something. Trust me, you will be having a lot more company now.

jetlau3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
this table looks fantastic. I'm super jealous and can't wait until the day I can have a home with a pool table in it. Enjoy.

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
Mike,
It was a pleasure working for you. The table really came out nice. You chose the right color combination. Take care & enjoy!