John Bender Cue # 66

AK-Stick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I am considering selling my John Bender, I am having a Southwest built as I write this but it is still 8-12 months away. This cue has been used but not abused. This is the first leather wrap that John did and it is good but not perfect how ever it is not bad either. I will consider a $1000.00 and I have a copy of the original invoice from John. Believe me if it wasn't for the Southwest having waited since 2002 I wouldn't be doing this. the last Southwest cue i owned and sold as i didn't care for the hit, but this Southwest is being built for me. I hope it hits as well as this John Bender.

Butt- 1.292 inch
Joint- .849 inch
Balance Point- 18 1/4 inch
Butt Weight- 15.6 oz
Shaft 1- 4.2 oz
Shaft 2- 4.4 oz
Tips- 13.17 mmhttp://forums.azbilliards.com/images/v4/editor/attach.gif

Cue is Bastogne Walnut forearm with Waterfall Bubinga Butt and Points, cognac Kangaroo warp from Martin at (lwww.superiorcues.com), a “5/16-14 Piloted Buffalo Horn Joint,Ivory Ferruls and the shafts are sunken wood from Timeless Timber from Sunken Maple. I requested a 19.5 oz cue but the shafts from the sunken maple are about 1oz heavier than shafts from new growth maple or at least that is my take on it as the last cue I had from John the one shaft was new growth and was an oz lighter.

Attachments

• ignature 2.jpg
    ignature 2.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 591
  • Above Wrap.jpg
    Above Wrap.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 580
  • Butt.jpg
    Butt.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 581
  • Butt an Shafts.jpg
    Butt an Shafts.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 585
  • Joint an Ferrules.jpg
    Joint an Ferrules.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 599

Sunchaser

Belgian Malinois
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someones gettin a ton of cue for the money on this Bender. GLWS. Enjoy your new Southwest..

AK-Stick

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Thanks for the kind comment. If someone isn't acquainted with John's cues I have 2 and I was impressed enough with the premade cue that I bought to commission this one. A correction to my post to; this wasn't John's first leather wrap but his first Kangaroo wrap.