Practice Drills Spreadsheet & instructions

RoadHustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok I initially built this sheet as a Google doc so today I rebuilt it with new photographs and a instruction document. Thank you for checking it out if you have any suggestions let me know. I am still slacking on the instructions for my bowliiard spreadsheet. Sorry bout that I will get to it eventually.

Please note their are two attachments one a .xls (spreadsheet) the other a .doc (instructions)

Attachments

• Drills.doc
    42 KB · Views: 631
  • Drills.xls
    57 KB · Views: 541

RoadHustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bowliards Spreadsheet

In-case you missed it here is the bowliards sheet.
there are two versions one with a page for trends and a all on one page version.

Attachments

• Bowliards-sheet.xls
    87 KB · Views: 358
  • Bowliards-sheet-w trends page.xls
    88.5 KB · Views: 264

scottjen26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I do some of the same drills. Nice job putting them together in a spreadsheet for yourself to track and for sharing with everyone.
Scott

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
I like this.

Hi Garrett

Thanks for taking the time to publish your work outs.

I enjoy what you do! I would like your permission to show these in our Pool School...please.

The only thing that is missing from your drills:

Drills for Stroke & Aligment.
Drills to test Stroke & Alignment.

Thanks
randyg

pmata814

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Garrett

Thanks for taking the time to publish your work outs.

I enjoy what you do! I would like your permission to show these in our Pool School...please.

The only thing that is missing from your drills:

Drills for Stroke & Aligment.

Drills to test Stroke & Alignment.

Thanks

randyg

Randy,

Wouldn't the straight-ins count as testing stroke and alignment? I've always read here that they are a great way to work on your stroke, so that's what I've been doing to improve my stroke. (I shoot with a striped ball to check for unwanted sidespin)

The straight up and down the table one always leaves me wondering if I'm actually shooting straight up and down or if my table is not level and maybe that's the reason the CB veered off slightly.

Your input on this would be greatly appreciated. Thx!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

RoadHustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks everyone... we r all in it together.
@Mr.G
Absolutely use em repost em I would be honored to think they could be useful at pool school. I have been dying to come to pool school for quite a while now. Feel free to add anything or If you email me a description of any drills you would like added to the sheet I would photograph them and add them for you then I could re post it.
Thank you
Garrett W.
Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

randyg

www.randygpool.com
Silver Member
Thanks everyone... we r all in it together.
@Mr.G
Absolutely use em repost em I would be honored to think they could be useful at pool school. I have been dying to come to pool school for quite a while now. Feel free to add anything or If you email me a description of any drills you would like added to the sheet I would photograph them and add them for you then I could re post it.
Thank you
Garrett W.

Plan the trip to Dallas for this Summer and let's make it happen.

See you soon,
randyg

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pmata814...The answer is no, because the OP is arbitrarily placing balls. It's true that straight ins (especially those with great distance between the CB & OB) really test your stroke. However, in order to accurately test yourself, you have to set up exact shots, especially when dealing with straight line shots. I use a laser, and hole reinforcements, to create test lines that highlight the degree of error, and how to correct it, on any shot. Shooting the CB up and back to the tip is a great drill. If you're afraid that you have table roll (and you can't fix it), just shoot the shot at a high enough speed to take out the table roll. Use a stipe ball with the stripe perfectly upright. That will show you whether you can aim and strike the CB above center, on the vertical axis. Either it comes back to your tip, or it doesn't. You have to have visual targets, like spots, diamonds, and a chalk. That drill also highlights your sight line (where your cue lines up under your face, when you perceive a straight line). To see it, though, you have to video yourself headon, and be able to zoom in on your face and cuestick. Most people have no idea where their cue is lined up...all they know is that it usually "looks right".

Garrett...In your instructions you mention photos of the drills, but I didn't see any photos in either link. Did I miss them?

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Randy,

Wouldn't the straight-ins count as testing stroke and alignment? I've always read here that they are a great way to work on your stroke, so that's what I've been doing to improve my stroke. (I shoot with a striped ball to check for unwanted sidespin)

The straight up and down the table one always leaves me wondering if I'm actually shooting straight up and down or if my table is not level and maybe that's the reason the CB veered off slightly.

Your input on this would be greatly appreciated. Thx!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

RoadHustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The photos are in the spread sheet below the labels for the drills. Sir

The spreadsheet is labeled drills.xls the forum is missing the .xls gif that would let you know that its there but its under the word doc

Last edited:

RoadHustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That didn't make any sense?

The photos are in the spread sheet below the labels for the drills. Sir

The spreadsheet is labeled drills.xls the forum is missing the .xls gif that would let you know that its there but its under the word doc

Sometimes when you reply from your phone the English language gets broken.

What I meant was the photos are in the spreadsheet called Drills.xls. These photos are below the labels for the individual drills.

When I uploaded the Spreadsheet I noticed that the forum software is missing the little picture that would normally label an excel spread sheet. So if you are a little lost looking for it. It is located under the word document labeled Drills.doc in the original post.

By the way really great idea to use a laser pointer to line up my hole reinforcers when I test things and need them to line up. That made me very happy. Thank you

P.s. Mr. Lee Why did you stop blogging on your website I enjoyed reading it.

pmata814

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
pmata814...The answer is no, because the OP is arbitrarily placing balls. It's true that straight ins (especially those with great distance between the CB & OB) really test your stroke. However, in order to accurately test yourself, you have to set up exact shots, especially when dealing with straight line shots. I use a laser, and hole reinforcements, to create test lines that highlight the degree of error, and how to correct it, on any shot. Shooting the CB up and back to the tip is a great drill. If you're afraid that you have table roll (and you can't fix it), just shoot the shot at a high enough speed to take out the table roll. Use a stipe ball with the stripe perfectly upright. That will show you whether you can aim and strike the CB above center, on the vertical axis. Either it comes back to your tip, or it doesn't. You have to have visual targets, like spots, diamonds, and a chalk. That drill also highlights your sight line (where your cue lines up under your face, when you perceive a straight line). To see it, though, you have to video yourself headon, and be able to zoom in on your face and cuestick. Most people have no idea where their cue is lined up...all they know is that it usually "looks right".

Garrett...In your instructions you mention photos of the drills, but I didn't see any photos in either link. Did I miss them?

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

Scott,

Thanks so much for replying. I also use a laser to set up the shots when I practice my straight-ins. Lately I've also incorporated the 2 golf tees behind the cue ball to try and straighten my stroke. My shaft wobbles slightly during my warm-up strokes so I'm hoping the tees will help with that. Along those lines is it fair to assume the following:

If I'm shooting with a striped ball as my CB, with tees behind it, and I miss the shot (or it veers to either side after contact with the OB)...there's no spin on the CB... and I didn't touch the tees with my cue...then can I assume that it was my alignment or aim and NOT my stroke that was at fault? (I'm trying my best to isolate my stroke. I always check if my cue is straight and full follow through just as you indicate on your dvd. )

thanks again for your input!:thumbup: