Did McCreedy and CJ ever match up?

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
iirc CJ did the PALACE in 94/95, KM's best days were behind him.

He was still capable of catching lightening but the endless, consistent heat ( which put a hitch in many a champs giddyup) was gone

Best days of not It's hard to win if the only mistake you made was not making a ball on one of your breaks.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
Golf has just gotten into the Olympics.

Pocket Billiards is way behind Golf is so many aspects...

but I think it could & should be in...

perhaps with very strict drug testing of potential entrants from every country for 2 years prior & continually during the competition.

If you miss ANY drug test & do not complete one with in a very short time frame you are eliminated from the process & not allowed to be an entrant.

Perhaps Brunswick, Diamond, Predator, Simonis could have promises of money contracts in place for the Gold Metal Winners.

Just some thoughts.

Last edited:

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Best days of not It's hard to win if the only mistake you made was not making a ball on one of your breaks.

a single 8 ahead match doesn't mean shit, and, this match took place 15+- yrs after the time frame when KM might not miss a ball in a week, let alone a single match which is what CJ put on him

(((Satori)))

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
a single 8 ahead match doesn't mean shit, and, this match took place 15+- yrs after the time frame when KM might not miss a ball in a week, let alone a single match which is what CJ put on him

I don't know about all that. If they only played one match then it means something. I'm pretty sure CJ didnt quit after one.

You might be right about Kieth having a better chance during another time period though. I didn't know Kieth was 15 years before CJ. Props to Kieth for giving it a shot though. They were both awesome players. Probably still are.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
I don't know about all that. If they only played one match then it means something. I'm pretty sure CJ didnt quit after one.

You might be right about Kieth having a better chance during another time period though. I didn't know Kieth was 15 years before CJ. Props to Kieth for giving it a shot though. They were both awesome players. Probably still are.

at this time they aren't relevant on a national, let alone international, level

the game would benefit if one or both returned to prominence

nitty bitty

Registered
CJ said they played at his place in the 90s CJ won I read reading between the lines. In the mid to late 80's and early 90's no one beat CJ gambling. He said for 3 yrs he didn't take many loses. I ask you this: who has turned playing pool for himself into a lucrative career beside CJ. He owned CJ Billiard and Carson's nightclub at the same time during the downside of his playing career and it wasn't his CREDIT SCORE that got these two businesses. Now he's been playing 2 or 3 years getting back in shape and hasn't worked a drop for a paycheck !! He might not hit HIS top gear again time will tell. But IMO no one has put more money in his pocket and had his career financed thru POOL like CJ. Can anyone out do CJ in that category.
Loved CJ but he needed the 7 from top Philippinos in the early 90s and I'm sure he would agree.

I think him and Archer played during that timeframe, not sure of results

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Both were great players at their peak, BUT Keith had a bigger scare factor. This was not about running racks, but more about coming with near impossible shots under pressure and making it look easy. No one ever had that wow factor like Keith. He could switch hands with no drop off in ability. And no one ever handled pressure like Keith. In fact he embraced it. One game for all the cash and a tough rack to run and I'll take Keith over the world. No bet was too big and he feared no one. Keith would play Godzilla if he had a cue. There is a good reason why he is legendary. In my 50 years in pool there has only been one Keith.

Back in the 70's and 80's when Keith played a lot of tournaments, NO ONE wanted to draw Keith. He ran racks with far less effort than anyone else. It just looked too easy and that was scary to all the other ''normal'' players.

Last edited:
Reactions: JAM

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Both were great players at their peak, BUT Keith had a bigger scare factor. This was not about running racks, but more about coming with near impossible shots under pressure and making it look easy. No one ever had that wow factor like Keith. He could switch hands with no drop off in ability. And no one ever handled pressure like Keith. In fact he embraced it. One game for all the cash and a tough rack to run and I'll take Keith over the world. No bet was too big and he feared no one. Keith would play Godzilla if he had a cue. There is a good reason why he is legendary. In my 50 years in pool there has only been one Keith.

Back in the 70's and 80's when Keith played a lot of tournaments, NO ONE wanted to draw Keith. He ran racks with far less effort than anyone else. It just looked too easy and that was scary to all the other ''normal'' players.

THANKS for your reply!!

Race to a hundred, winner break, two shot foul...what is the score?

TIA, adam

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
THANKS for your reply!!

Race to a hundred, winner break, two shot foul...what is the score?

TIA, adam

CJ had a period of a few years where he might beat anybody. He ducked only Parica, as did the rest of the world. Both at their best and it could go either way. It would have been a great battle either way!

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Loved CJ but he needed the 7 from top Philippinos in the early 90s and I'm sure he would agree.

I think him and Archer played during that timeframe, not sure of results

The "7" means absolutely nothing with the pinoys. Search And Andam VA cigar Tom!!!!