Gus Szamboti 70's

Logdog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I had stated earlier that I would keep the group informed as to the offers I have received for this cue. I have now received an updated offer of $13,500. I hope this information helps the group in general to know the current state of value for a cue of this type.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I had stated earlier that I would keep the group informed as to the offers I have received for this cue. I have now received an updated offer of $13,500. I hope this information helps the group in general to know the current state of value for a cue of this type.

That's a great offer

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
That's a great offer

That is a great offer.

IMHO the market value is established after a successful transaction. Offers do not establish market value, though they might suggest it.

I love it that the OP is keeping us up with the progress of his efforts to sell. :smile:

This is a spectacular cue, no doubt, I wish I were in a position to be in the game on this one.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member

Too low....

vinniebabarooch

Wanna Sell Your Hercek?
Gold Member
Silver Member
I've getting offers of $12k for mine , yours should bring north of $17

GusWhole-1.jpg

12k?
You sir should sell.

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
..and I have this one at 14.5k and not a peep....

JV

Attachments

• IMG_0726.jpg
    IMG_0726.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 939

Logdog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It appears that this cue has stalled out at $13,500 so my question for the group is this. What other way would you suggest I try to sell this cue other than letting people on this forum know about it as I have done? The whole eBay thing seems risky to me but I am open to all suggestions. Thank you in advance

cue fix

Will "MONSOON" & SEARING!
Silver Member
It appears that this cue has stalled out at $13,500 so my question for the group is this. What other way would you suggest I try to sell this cue other than letting people on this forum know about it as I have done? The whole eBay thing seems risky to me but I am open to all suggestions. Thank you in advance

The real question is: Do you really want to SELL the cue? Apparently some have offered you $13,000 for it, but because others tell you it is worth over $15,000 You choose not to sell it. I am sure the offers you have had are a lot more than you originally paid for the cue, so you are money ahead. If you want to hold out for high dollar, you maybe holding for 5 years until that certain buyer comes out of the woodwork. You can try professional sales people, but then you have to pay commission which means you have to ask for even more money to get what you want out of it. Ebay has fees and paypal has fees. You can post all over the internet to draw attention to it, but until you decide TO SELL or NOT TO SELL it may prove to be a waste of time. Just like the guy selling his Balabushka for $100,000, I am sure he will be 6 feet under and never have sold it if he holds out and his relatives will sell it for less than $50,000 and be very happy. The higher the price the fewer the buyers. Just some advice. Good luck with your endeavor.

skins

Likes to draw
Silver Member
The real question is: Do you really want to SELL the cue? Apparently some have offered you $13,000 for it, but because others tell you it is worth over $15,000 You choose not to sell it. I am sure the offers you have had are a lot more than you originally paid for the cue, so you are money ahead. If you want to hold out for high dollar, you maybe holding for 5 years until that certain buyer comes out of the woodwork. You can try professional sales people, but then you have to pay commission which means you have to ask for even more money to get what you want out of it. Ebay has fees and paypal has fees. You can post all over the internet to draw attention to it, but until you decide TO SELL or NOT TO SELL it may prove to be a waste of time. Just like the guy selling his Balabushka for $100,000, I am sure he will be 6 feet under and never have sold it if he holds out and his relatives will sell it for less than $50,000 and be very happy. The higher the price the fewer the buyers. Just some advice. Good luck with your endeavor.

I'm one of those "out of the woodwork" buyer types. We're out here BUT as you stated, the seller has to be willing to sell AND "us" buy... Even though I think 13,000 is too low, what you speak is unfortunately the way things are...at the moment.

HighEndCues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bit of advice. The longer you keep the cue for sale the less people will want to purchase. When a sits for sale forever popular decision is to offer less, since it's not selling. Hitting when the iron is hot will always be the right time.
Just about everyone has seen your cue for MANY months. Trying to get every nickle out of a cue leaves less interest for the buyer to make any profit themselves. We all understand you can make about 30x your initial investment. Not leaving anything on the bone for a person spending 13k makes for an impossible sale. IMO

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Can't say it any better

Bit of advice. The longer you keep the cue for sale the less people will want to purchase. When a sits for sale forever popular decision is to offer less, since it's not selling. Hitting when the iron is hot will always be the right time.
Just about everyone has seen your cue for MANY months. Trying to get every nickle out of a cue leaves less interest for the buyer to make any profit themselves. We all understand you can make about 30x your initial investment. Not leaving anything on the bone for a person spending 13k makes for an impossible sale. IMO

You certainly have very nice cue,
BUT I feel Ken is correct....
GLWS

cueaddicts

AzB Gold Member
Silver Member

If you're wanting more, the only option now is a time machine, unfortunately. Market has changed.

RascalDoc

RascalDoc
Silver Member
I just ran across this thread and it certainly makes for an interesting read. I feel the last three or four posts, from Ken and from Sean and from the gentleman who told you to decide whether you really want to sell it or not are right on. And bear in mind this opinion(mine) comes from a guy who always manages to buy high and sell low. But I sure love pool and I love the story and I love the cues and the work that goes into them. The earlier discussion about things being confiscated for no reason or just for suspicion personally hits home for me having ridden a Harley for as many years as I have. I've seen motorcycles and firearms confiscated apparently no other reason then for somebody in uniform to feel like he had power over you.. good luck with the Q , thanks for the updates and thanks for all the stories that wound up attached to this post

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Logdog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just ran across this thread and it certainly makes for an interesting read. I feel the last three or four posts, from Ken and from Sean and from the gentleman who told you to decide whether you really want to sell it or not are right on. And bear in mind this opinion(mine) comes from a guy who always manages to buy high and sell low. But I sure love pool and I love the story and I love the cues and the work that goes into them. The earlier discussion about things being confiscated for no reason or just for suspicion personally hits home for me having ridden a Harley for as many years as I have. I've seen motorcycles and firearms confiscated apparently no other reason then for somebody in uniform to feel like he had power over you.. good luck with the Q , thanks for the updates and thanks for all the stories that wound up attached to this post

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Thanks for your input. I certainly do want to sell it which was the point of doing all this and posting pictures and getting literally 150+ messages about the cues value. However, I want to sell it near the upper range of what was told to me rather than at the lower end which is why I turned down the $13,500. It appears that is not going to happen today but maybe it will in another 5-10 years when I bring it back out of the safe deposit. I was hoping maybe there were some cue shows or something in the Midwest area that I could take it to since the ivory confiscation "scare" appears to be just that but nobody has mentioned any. Thanks again

ibuycues

I Love Box Cues
Silver Member
First, let me say I really like your cue, it's rarity, originality and desirability.
Overall, simply a wonderful collectible and great player.

I am primarily a collector, not a buyer/seller, and own hundreds of collectible cues.
Also, high performance cars, gas pumps, vending machines.....heck, you get the idea.

If you are looking to sell a collectible, remember one thing, an old saying....

Pigs get fat, and hogs get slaughtered.........

I have friends who have high end cars, and when they were ready to sell, they wanted
the very top buck for their rare big block vette or early Shelby. In a couple of cases, they
trailered their vehicle to shows for 3-4 years, and finally got their price. They ignored
time value of money, changes in economy, cost of taking their vehicle to 7-8 shows,
etc., and thought they did good. Simply put they didn't, just thought they did.

Come to peace with selling for the huge profit you will make, get comfortable with
the fact the next guy starts with a little room in his investment, and
go "on down the road". The task is over. You are selling an investment, not a cue, at the
price you are seeking. Just like stock. I only buy a stock if I think it will be worth more.
Keep in mind, we have an uncertain future.

Just my thoughts. Again, a great cue.

Will Prout

Last edited: