<<<SCAMMER ALERT!! Josh Abernathy<<<

Bamacues

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
928   0   0
The dogs are on the hunt. The guy was seen in 6 Pockets in Decatur tonight trying to sell the Pierce, the Ae and a Carolina custom. He got out before the police arrived, but they have his certain identity now, and witnesses to him having the stolen cues. And the Bama dogs have the scent and are on the hunt.

Jke

xTAPOUTx

READY-TEAM-FIRE-GO
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Also..............

You need to contact the city in which the fraud case occurred...........NOT in your town. You shipped an item, he received it and mailed you a fake. This all happened in his area. Share your info with other AZers and share the case numbers so they can link them together. This is not only Grand Theft but also an Organized Scheme to Defraud case as well. Push the police in his area to do the investigations. Also notify the Postal Inspector since he is using federal mail to do his dealings they will probably take the lead and he could be looking at federal charges if the total amount defrauded is pretty high. Any other questions. PM me. :thumbup:

alanvo

Banned
Rating - 88.2%
30   4   0
This guy offered a Gilbert for one of my cues. Then a couple days later, he said the cue was stolen out of his car.

A couple weeks later, he offered a JW with broken buttcap, seen in this thread....

His FB is gone now... he probably took it off.

buzzsaw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Better yet the IP address will link to his posts on FB. It's not very difficult to be tracked down.

EVERYTHING you do connected to the Internet is tracked. EVERY device whether computer or phone has a Mac ID and other data that is essentially your digital DNA.

It is EASIER to track someone down electronically than by foot.

I think that depends on if he has a static IP address. However, the address will give you who the service provider is. You might be able to get information from them.

Billiardbills

Billiard Bill
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
Okay all. Here's what happened.

Both Bama and I have filed reports with the local law enforcement as well as the USPS Postal Inspection Fraud Dept.

We had SEVERAL GREAT Alabama friends on OBM as well as AZ looking for Josh Abernathy at the local pool halls last night. He was spotted and confirmed at 6 Pocket Billiards in Decatur Alabama with my AE as well as a Carolina Custom trying to sell them. The police were called and came but did not do anything. We have his make, model, year and license plate of his white Cadillac STS as well as his address which was where we shipped to.

Somehow the pressure mounted up for Josh and last night at 12:30am he decided PM me (see photos, start with very bottom). I arranged this morning for him to ship me my cue back with overnight shipping with documentation. The USPS branch was closed. Made him go to UPS Store and spoke with the manager to verify what and how he was shipping the cue back to me.

Bama was notified that he also had done the same with Brandon Almeida and that was his Carolina Custom Cue. I've arranged for the safe shipping of Brandon's ship back the Carolina Custom back to Brandon as well.

A HUGE THANK YOU IS DUE TO ALL OF THE GREAT FOLKS IN OUR BILLIARDS COMMUNITY ONLINE AND ACROSS THE COUNTRY!!! Joe and Jeff at Bama Cues have been great to work with in this issue like they always are when we have worked together.

This is a RARITY that the outcome was this way. I'm changing the methods I do business GREATLY regarding several practices.

JUST AN ADDENDUM:
NO ONE THREATENED TO HARM JOSH ABERNATHY ONCE.

Play Well!

Billiard Bill's
Buying-Selling-Trading
Text/call Bill 239.823.0408 (8am-7pm EST please)
billiardbills@gmail.com
Southwest Florida

ygaguve7.jpg

8ete4usy.jpg

y3yvuzuj.jpg

7uba3uhe.jpg

upy5uzam.jpg

3a2y9y3y.jpg

jega6atu.jpg

ygegy8y6.jpg

yqyna8er.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1412443506.244287.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1412443506.244287.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 549
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1412443562.673240.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1412443562.673240.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 539
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1412443582.090716.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1412443582.090716.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 534
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1412443591.367528.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1412443591.367528.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 534
Last edited:

Kot_Bigemot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
I am glad it worked out for you guys.
Really great to see AZ community at work. This is so awesome.
Congratulations guys!

Fat Jonny

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's a pretty dang good outcome!

Fear is a great motivator. I think the guy's still a POS.
I know lots of people that would never consider stealing EVEN IF they were desperate.
It's a certainty that he would not have done the 'right' thing if he hadn't felt cornered by
Joe.
Congrats!

takeitdown

Banned
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Just me but when the stick arrived I would drive it to his house and beat him with it. This was no mistake. He did it repeatedly and only felt remorse when caught. I would think you could still press charges. I would fry his ass. The cues returned and messages would mean an open and closed criminal case.

Guys like this need an old fashioned beating.

Russell Cues

Maverick Cue Builder
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I wouldn't be so nice. I got burnt on a cue to the tune of $650. I cant find the slug as he moved !
Burn the little diaper stain. Needless to say its cash N carry Period from now on, hate to be that way but like you I cant afford to not do things that way.

POOLPLYR1111

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
136   0   0
scammer

I agree that the charges should not be dropped. Guy was caught red handed, had the entire alabama az community looking for him, threats of legal action here on az, etc then the guy turns around and gives some sob story and wants to make it right?

I call bull shit here guys. Guy intentionally came on az to scam people. Do we really want people with that mind set here on az? Do we want to forgive and forget knowing full well it could happen again?

his whole turn around is to avoid police action. If you read the messages he repeats that several times.

takeitdown

Banned
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Look what all this "kinder and gentler" crap has got us. This young man feels he can rob people from a distance. Like to see how he would hold up on cell block C. He'd get a lesson there. Nothing worse than a criminal. Should cut off his hands.

8BALLDELUXE

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
You'll get your cues back, but a crime has still been committed and the offender knew the consequences for doing so, if charges are not filed nothing will be learned. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

Billiardbills

Billiard Bill
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
144   0   0
It wasn't kind or gentle. He all but knew they were going to be "recovered" by a few different options today. He chose the "less stressful path".

The transaction was on the Open Billiards Market on FB. Was t on AZ either.

Just keeping a cool until it's in my hands.

Play Well!

Billiard Bill's
Buying-Selling-Trading
Text/call Bill 239.823.0408 (8am-7pm EST please)
billiardbills@gmail.com
Southwest Florida

Last edited:

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
This is great and so is this Az community.Glad for you guys and hopefully Josh will have learned a lesson that will make him honest for life.