T-Rex vs Robocop Big Money One Pocket Action Rubber Match

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There are some old YouTube vids of Shane and Alex playing for 2K a game. Believe Shane was up by a good bit but Alex came back and won some.

This is 10+ yrs ago. Alex probably gotten much better and Shane might've just plateaued.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ya it's crazy , a lot of shots he's missed is because he tends to speed up on easy shots doesn't take his time a function of what shrinks call hard wired deficiencies, the hardest to correct

I was thinking something similar.

Now, admittedly, I have no bizaness critiquing TC game... but, whaddahey: from what I observed TC would do himself a favor by adding one more warmup stroke to his PSR. It seemed to me that often his biggest problem was speed control. IMO he's shooting so fast he doesn't have time to properly calibrate it.

Lou Figueroa
totally out of line

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Congratulations to Robocop Dennis Orcollo on his 40-30 win over Chohan.

This guy is amazing.

He stays in big action like nobody else. Often giving up huge handicaps.

He has been on a non-stop tour of big money games and tournaments crisscrossing the country.

Las Vegas, Houston,Kansas and lately New Orleans :yikes:

70662266_522817348286489_6288852231911374848_n.jpg

terryhanna

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This was a long grueling race to 40 over four days that really seemed to take toll on Tony.

On the other hand Robo is like a machine, after playing Tony each night he made bee line to the other tables and played other big action matches all night every night :shocked2:

Capture.PNG

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Don't get nutty and start thinking races to 5 are any real predictor of who might win, going to 20+.

Best of 21 races to five has been, is, and always will be a pretty sound indicator of which is the better team. It is BECAUSE the races are short that the Mosconi Cup is pool's best event. Late match pressure starts in rack one and any mistake may cost you the match.

The Mosconi Cup is no sprint, but instead a marathon.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Best of 21 races to five has been, is, and always will be a pretty sound indicator of which is the better team. It is BECAUSE the races are short that the Mosconi Cup is pool's best event. Late match pressure starts in rack one and any mistake may cost you the match.

The Mosconi Cup is no sprint, but instead a marathon.

Given that is the only competition of it's type, I guess you are correct and I was referring to dcc or other 1p tourneys.

Lotsa guys that have gone deep at dcc don't want any piece of Dennis in a long race, perhaps even at 10-7 and especially, not even up.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Given that is the only competition of it's type, I guess you are correct and I was referring to dcc or other 1p tourneys.

Lotsa guys that have gone deep at dcc don't want any piece of Dennis in a long race, perhaps even at 10-7 and especially, not even up.

Your point is well taken and yes, I did misinterpret your post.

Oddly enough, though, form tends to hold at Derby City One Pocket even with the race to three format. For example, the last ones standing this year were Alex Pagulayan, Dennis Orcullo, Francisco Bustamante and Corey Deuel. They were certainly four of the favorites going in.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Your point is well taken and yes, I did misinterpret your post.

Oddly enough, though, form tends to hold at Derby City One Pocket even with the race to three format. For example, the last ones standing this year were Alex Pagulayan, Dennis Orcullo, Francisco Bustamante and Corey Deuel. They were certainly four of the favorites going in.

In professional pool tournaments, form holds no matter the rules or the length of the matches, and this has always been the case with rare exceptions. Tommy Kennedy's U.S. Open win being the first one that comes to mind. The heavens parted for him that week. :rolleyes:

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
In professional pool tournaments, form holds no matter the rules or the length of the matches, and this has always been the case with rare exceptions. Tommy Kennedy's U.S. Open win being the first one that comes to mind. The heavens parted for him that week. :rolleyes:

Yeah, but hadn't he made the quarterfinals before in the U.S. Open before? While Tommy had a good week, it's not like a shortstop won the Open that year..

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Yeah, but hadn't he made the quarterfinals before in the U.S. Open before? While Tommy had a good week, it's not like a shortstop won the Open that year..

No question about it Russ. Tommy is and always has been a very good player. He remains a champion at the regional events he enters even now. But he was never one of the games elite players, far from it. And he would be the first to tell you this.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member

I think the Darryl Peach win at the World 9-ball Championship is an even better example.