world 14.1 updates

Spade

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
RShellhouse...That's what I expected. It doesn't sound anything like the seating setup I've seen at other big tournaments, and setting a high price won't help.

What they did to you was outrageous. They need every fan there they can get...and they're turning them away!

Scott Lee
www.poolknowledge.com

The seating's been excellent . Every seat was a VIP chair, and at their gen adm price cause DRagon got rid of the VIP prices, which is bad for them but good for us spectators. Last 2 years have been the same prices at the hilton and the seats were farther away.
For those of you griping, you're really missing out. there was a good crowd came in tonight and expect it to be very busy by the weekend. Great matches!
$25 or $40 all day for up close personal view of the only World 14.1 Championship there is for the year, I am not complaining!

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The seating's been excellent . Every seat was a VIP chair, and at their gen adm price cause DRagon got rid of the VIP prices, which is bad for them but good for us spectators. Last 2 years have been the same prices at the hilton and the seats were farther away.
For those of you griping, you're really missing out. there was a good crowd came in tonight and expect it to be very busy by the weekend. Great matches!
$25 or $40 all day for up close personal view of the only World 14.1 Championship there is for the year, I am not complaining!

I read a post by you on another thread that was asking about where the brackets were on this forum. If you are there, maybe you can post them up.

Do you now work for Dragon? I'm just curious. It seems you have a great deal information about the company.

Thanks in advance for sharing the information with the forum. It is helpful to learn more about the events from someone who is there. Maybe you can get the bracket information you were asking about in the other thread and share it with the rest of us. :smile:

oldzilla

Accu-Stats Messenger
Silver Member
jam

this is a round robin format now, and after the games are complete the top 3 from each group is drawn into a bracket. patience !

oldzilla

Accu-Stats Messenger
Silver Member
now at 11:30 am

it will be m. immonen vs r. eckert

eckert had a perfect game. dan louie broke and eckert ran 100 and out.

one inning !

kryptonite9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Either accu-stats is doing a great job, getting lucky, or everyone is running big numbers. I have watched four matches with two hundred and out runs and two +90 and out runs. The level of play is great and accu-stats is doing a wonderful job. Dannys commentary of straight pool has been right on.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
It has been a curious, but nexciting, day here in New Jersey.

Just moments ago, Oliver Ortmann ran 100 and out against AZB's own Marop. Oliver ran 100 and out against Zion Zvi this morning, and two one-inning wins in a single day is almost unfathomable. Oliver looks the man to beat right now. Thorsten has probably been second best in the field to this point, and Stefan Cohen has played very well, too,

Mika has been in decent form, but had to come form behind against Dan Louie, 100-86 I think.

Tony Robles was well behind in his match with Shawn Wilkie but Tony rallied impressively for the win and is now nearly certain of a spot in the next round.

Steve Lipsky was involved in a nailbiter with Carmen Lombardo, and Steve bet the match on a tricky combo with both players in the nineties. He hit it like a charm and went on to win 100-95, ensuring his spot in the next round.

What look like a thriller up to the 50's between Barouty an Hopkins fizzled when both players began to make very uncharacteristc errors. Hopkins ended up winning 100-60 to take the group at 5-0, with Barouty settling for 4-1 and second in rhe group.

Jimmy Gottier matched up with Yu Ram Cha in a match where the winner would advance to the next round and the loser would not. Jim played a thoughtful and disciplined match to defuse the capable, but overmatched rising Korean star.

Last edited:

Chris_Lynch

I play pool
Silver Member
Thanks, Stu. Appreciate the info. Info is hard to come by for this event.

Last year (and the year before I think) there seemed to be constant updating of stats on the web and it was easier to follow online. Anyone have an idea why that changed this year?

yobagua

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stu I dont know you personally and know you only by hanging out at Amsterdam when Im in the city. But I wanted to thank you for your patronage and support of this event. Guys like you are so important to a sport like this. Many thanks.

Reactions: JAM

Chris_Lynch

I play pool
Silver Member
Please stop bumping if you have nothing to add. I'm checking this with the hope that there will be more info and am disappointed. Bumps are usually for the For Sale section so people can see what you have listed. Not really used for this kind of thread.