about to hire Bob Danielson. Need reviews/design ideas!

sneaky_russian

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys,

I've decided to go custom and was recommended Bob Danielson by someone on the forum. First email contact with him is great and he comes across as a very intelligent and understanding guy. Do any of you have his cues and/or have ordered from him in the past?

When it goes to design I'm looking for... Less is more is the name of the game :)

Please post feedback/pictures below

bondo

hey guys,

i've decided to go custom and was recommended bob danielson by someone on the forum. First email contact with him is great and he comes across as a very intelligent and understanding guy. Do any of you have his cues and/or have ordered from him in the past?

When it goes to design i'm looking for... Less is more is the name of the game :)

please post feedback/pictures below

i say yes.

gregcantrall

Center Ball
Silver Member
Bob does top quality work. I talked with him last weekend and he is very busy. Seems the word is spreading about his top quality and beautiful cues.:thumbup: l would advise that you pull the trigger ASAP.

Superiorduper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you're already considering, don't hesitate, you won't be disappointed. I ordered two custom shafts, one for a Josey sneaky and the other for a Barringer sneaky, from Bob this past year, and he was a pleasure to do business with, great communication, personable, and he nailed the ringwork/dimensions. I never even sent him the butts, strictly off of measurements and photos. The workmanship is high quality and they both play great, all at a great price.

I've been meaning to write a review and show photos but have...been uhh you know, playing a lot of pool...Needless to say, when I have money to spend on a custom cue or two, I'l definitely be ordering one from Bob...and Keith Josey.

gforces1911

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Good cues

Hey guys,

I've decided to go custom and was recommended Bob Danielson by someone on the forum. First email contact with him is great and he comes across as a very intelligent and understanding guy. Do any of you have his cues and/or have ordered from him in the past?

When it goes to design I'm looking for... Less is more is the name of the game :)

I have a plain jane purple heart cue from him. Black rings. SS360/2 shaft.

Really a great playing cue! I really enjoy the hit of this cue. I was playing with a SW for years and of course- Rick Howard cues. But the BD cue has been my main player since I got it.

I was thinking about getting a spare shaft for it as well. Highly recommended cue maker for a players cue.

Olywahn

Registered
My experience has been pathetic....yes his shafts hit great....but try to order a cue....worst experience of my "cue buying" life.... not cool. Will never recommend to anyone unless he fulfills his agreement. Too many excuses after excuses....

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Superiorduper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Had him make two custom ss360 shafts, he is awesome. Took a little longer than expected but he was upfront about it, really accommodating, great communication. And he gave me a great deal on two shafts with matching ring work for two different cues. I would highly recommend anyone to have Bob build them anything!

Sedog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My experience has been pathetic....yes his shafts hit great....but try to order a cue....worst experience of my "cue buying" life.... not cool. Will never recommend to anyone unless he fulfills his agreement. Too many excuses after excuses....

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

I agree! Love the cue and shaft but, poor communication, excuses, and missed delivery dates. Order if you can wait longer than date quoted.

chefjeff

If not now...
Silver Member
Hey guys,

I had him make me a sneaky pete of sorts with the ss360 shaft. He made me another shaft for it, too, with uni-lok joints.

He was in the middle of securing a big deal with a marketing company at the time so it took over a year to get my cue. I didn't make a big deal out of that, but it was frustrating to wait so long.

I think he's now back on schedule with an assistant, but I could be wrong about that.

He gets some really nice wood so be sure to consider carefully any choices he offers in that area.

Jeff Livingston