Object ball flies off table

SpotOn

Registered
In BCA 8 ball rules what is the call when the object ball is struck and flies off the table. Does the object ball get spotted or does it stay down as if made. I know the shooter loses his turn and I assume the cue ball is played from where is lies?

Last edited:

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In BCA 8 ball rules what is the call when the object ball is struck and flies off the table. Does the object ball get spotted or does it stay down as if made. I know the shooter loses his turn and I assume the cue ball is played from where is lies?
The old BCA rules you spotted it but the current CSI rules you don't. Its a foul, BIH. BTW, if its when shooting the 8b its a loss. Also, if 8b is jumped off on the break it spots. https://www.playcsipool.com/uploads/7/3/5/9/7359673/official_rules_of_csi__170714_.pdf

Last edited:

whammo57

Kim Walker
Silver Member
in APA......... 8 ball object ball off the table ... the ball is spotted when the player's turn is over............ if the player continues to run the balls... it is spotted when it is his last ball..... 8 ball off the table... loss of game...................... 9 ball......... object ball off the table....... the ball is spotted immediately....................