The Hal Houle Post

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Tables i'm assuming you are asking about. Strokers has 2 diamond tables, 3 gold crowns, and 9 others. Not sure of the brand but can easily find out. Thinking older Robertson's but not sure.

I was asking what brand tables at the main event, which I thought was big and would require a lot of tables.

Lou Figueroa

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was asking what brand tables at the main event, which I thought was big and would require a lot of tables.

Lou Figueroa

14 tables 128 players, usually a few don't show up. It's actually one of my favorite tournaments as the match times are all posted in advance and you just have to show up by that time. Tournament usually runs real smooth. 3 day tournament

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
14 tables 128 players, usually a few don't show up. It's actually one of my favorite tournaments as the match times are all posted in advance and you just have to show up by that time. Tournament usually runs real smooth. 3 day tournament

Impossible lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It actually has more to do with the results than drawings. Like these:

Current Pro Players and top US Amateur Players in the US using CTE:

Tyler Styer (2 time Mosconi Cup)
Stevie Moore
Hunter Lombardo
Brandon Shuff
Matt Krah
Phil Buford
Gerry Williams https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=321301 (Check his videos and scores for the Billiard University Exam by Dr. Dave)
Duke Laha
Stan Shuffett

US AMATEUR PLAYERS: (winners and top 10)
Brian Parks (He is a three time APA 9-ball singles champion, five time U.S. Amateur Champion (only person ever to win five)
Robert Frost
James Roberts
Dave Stem (one of the favorite posters and top amateur on this forum)
Landon Shuffett

Any list of current names for the ARROW?

Isn't the arrow just another method of learning ghostball?

I'm sure there are quite a few players that use ghostball that could give every player on your list the 7.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Isn't the arrow just another method of learning ghostball?

I'm sure there are quite a few players that use ghostball that could give every player on your list the 7.

You'll have to ask duckie, he's the arrow and GB expert. I could be wrong, but I think at one time he made a distinction between the two.

If you're so sure, name the players who use GB and who would be stupid enough to give anyone in the list the 7. Otherwise, I call total BULLSH*T and baseless claim.

I doubt any pro player even uses GB. Contact points - yes; Fractions - yes; CB to OB overlaps - yes; GB - no

Last edited:

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
You'll have to ask duckie, he's the arrow and GB expert. I could be wrong, but I think at one time he made a distinction between the two.

If you're so sure, name the players who use GB and who would be stupid enough to give anyone in the list the 7. Otherwise, I call total BULLSH*T and baseless claim.

I doubt any pro player even uses GB. Contact points - yes; Fractions - yes; CB to OB overlaps - yes; GB - no

So, you’ve talked to every pro player in the world about how they aim.

Right.......

The Arrow was developed by Babe Canfield. I think he would be considered a pro player. The arrow provides a visual reference where the base of the CB needs to be to make the OB go where you want.

Spot on the table.

No one, I mean no one can speak about how another person aim. You can not know what’s I their minds eye.

To do so, just proves how ignorant some people are.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Instead of GB, let's just say anyone that doesn't use CTE.

So players that don't use CTE (to my knowledge) that could give most of the players you listed the 7

SVB
Wu
JL Chang
Ko Bros
Orcollo
Filler
Shaw
Biado
Sky

The only reason I even brought it up, is because you listed these CTE players as if they've accomplished so much. When in reality, only one of them (Tyler Styer) has any relevance in professional pool. He's the only one that could give any of the players I listed above a run for their money.

No one else on your list would want any piece of the players on mine without a significant handicap.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
So, you’ve talked to every pro player in the world about how they aim.

I definitely know how the players in the list I provided aim. CTE.
I know how CJ Wiley, SVB, Mike Sigel, and a whole bunch of others aim based on interviews in BD and on youtube videos. Every pro player? No

The Arrow was developed by Babe Canfield. I think he would be considered a pro player. The arrow provides a visual reference where the base of the CB needs to be to make the OB go where you want.

And Henry Ford developed the first automobile here in the US. I don't see anyone driving that same first car around any longer.

Spot on the table.

No one, I mean no one can speak about how another person aim. You can not know what’s I their minds eye.

Agreed, but you can know if they say what it is.

To do so, just proves how ignorant some people are.

The same thing applies to those who bad mouth what players see and do once trained and learn CTE. Wouldn't you agree?

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Instead of GB, let's just say anyone that doesn't use CTE.

You're the one who made the claim about GB to begin with as a comparison. NOBODY uses GB.

So players that don't use CTE (to my knowledge) that could give most of the players you listed the 7

SVB
Wu
JL Chang
Ko Bros
Orcollo
Filler
Shaw
Biado
Sky

The only reason I even brought it up, is because you listed these CTE players as if they've accomplished so much. When in reality, only one of them (Tyler Styer) has any relevance in professional pool. He's the only one that could give any of the players I listed above a run for their money.

No one else on your list would want any piece of the players on mine without a significant handicap.

There's a lot more to CTE than just A, B, C visuals which you apparently never learned or cared to learn. They might not be using the visuals but they are doing things connected with it that are paramount.

First of all, what happened to THIS from you? https://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=317247

About your list...Every single one of those players you listed SWEEPS into their shot lines......They don’t use ghostball. None of them.

They’re all in the CTE position at ball address. What they're visualizing to get there is unknown except to them. But they are in position. This is vital.

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
If we set up a cut shot to pocket a ball center pocket
Wouldn't all players be in identical alignment ie cue stick pointing straight at the same place just prior to Shooting regardless of aiming method ?
Assuming vertcal axis shot no spin

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
If we set up a cut shot to pocket a ball center pocket
Wouldn't all players be in identical alignment ie cue stick pointing straight at the same place just prior to Shooting regardless of aiming method ?
Assuming vertcal axis shot no spin

NO. Which is why there's a big difference between a SL 2 and SL 7 in the APA who "think" they're in the identical correct alignment for making the shot.

They aren't which is why they miss and have the ranking they do.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
NO. Which is why there's a big difference between a SL 2 and SL 7 in the APA who "think" they're in the identical correct alignment for making the shot.

It wasn't clear in his post, but I think bbb may have also meant for the shot to be made.

Meaning if 100 players all got down on the exact same shot and made the ball.

Wouldn't their sticks point in the same direction prior to pulling the trigger?

I think the answer would be yes.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

I am sorry I should’ve been more precise
Assuming everyone is in position to make the shot wouldn’t they all end up in the same position regardless if they swept and pivoted or step straight into the line ?

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
It wasn't clear in his post, but I think bbb may have also meant for the shot to be made.

Meaning if 100 players all got down on the exact same shot and made the ball.

Wouldn't their sticks point in the same direction prior to pulling the trigger?

I think the answer would be yes.

In a perfect world of pro pool players and excellent amateur players I would also venture to say yes.

But what separates the makes from the misses is how to get to that place on CCB to the impact place on the OB when they collide. Now we're into another phase which is quality and accuracy of the stroke.

What will be the success rate between pros, good amateurs, and APA 3, 4, & 5?

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
I am sorry I should’ve been more precise
Assuming everyone is in position to make the shot wouldn’t they all end up in the same position regardless if they swept and pivoted or step straight into the line ?

If they all did it perfectly with each of their aiming systems, probably so.

It all depends on how skilled they are with their aiming method. I'm not against any aiming system. I've used almost all of them over 30 years. Some more dependable and better than others. It depends on our own set of eyes and what we see best to get there.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
Here's something for you to think about. It doesn't have to do with CTE or any other system.

This is going to be pretty simple but it can also be done with more acute cut angles.

Let's say the OB is even with the side pocket and the CB is two diamonds away back toward the head side. The balls are lined up straight to each other to impact the OB halfway between the pocket and first diamond on the foot rail.

If I line up center CB to dead center of the OB can I easily make the OB in the corner pocket without standing back up to get a straight line to the contact point?

What would I have to do to make it?