Ugly sneaky starter cue for someone

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
I could tell you a story or two but the shit would get really deep... Literally.....

Im awaiting steamers story.

Rob.M

sys_argv

Registered
That cue reminds me of the first non-house cue I ever saw. It was a snooker cue (though I didn't know it). The wavy-ish grain, the smooth feel of non-laminated wood as it moved over my bridge was a feeling I have struggled to recapture. In short, lovely cue.

Too bad I live abroad and the shipping costs are insane :(

I will go by the rules.

I was in a bar one night when 2 guys were arguing. All of a sudden - one of them picks up the cue ball and throws it as hard as he can! It hit the other guy in the forehead. The noise it made was sickening! The dude that got hit went down exactly like one of those buildings that you see them do controlled demolitions to from the bottom. He just dropped straight down as if someone had made his legs vanish. I chugged the last of my bottle of beer and grabbed my buddy off the barstool beside me. I'm dragging him to the door - he says, "What are you doing? " I said "Getting out of here - I I think he just killed that guy!" As we were driving off - there were sirens and lights everywhere...

Oh my, that story has my vote. Great, and crazy story. I hope the guy did not die from the blow. That is just horrible. Scary story.

I've owned way uglier cues than this one.
Your cue wouldn't even place in the top 10 in some of the ugliest cue contests that I've won

Last year I sold a custom cue that was so ugly...the buyer shattered it a week after he bought it.
The cue played real good, and the guy still shattered it.

:smile:

Lol, I am sorry, but that is so funny. Made me laugh.

Sir Scratchalot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I honestly thought you were just joking. Your story kind of made me laugh though, and I know that is horrible, but it seemed kind of funny for some odd reason.

Haha, it was very true and pretty darn funny, especially if you were there to see how excited she was over it.

I was tempted to tell about the girl who, when I cued up a song for her to hear in my DJ booth, grabbed my microphone and held it up to her ear. One of the funniest things I've seen in my DJ career.

To bad the rules require a story about a player in need, instead of a story about a stripper in need (of common sense). lol

Last edited:

Terry Aeschliman

Terry Aeschliman
Gold Member
Silver Member
Man, she sure is ugly!!!

I am glad you didn't pick me!!! That Cuetec butt I received in the mail today, from you, was FULL of UGLY. But it did arrived safe and sound. Thanks.

Rshoe

Registered
I'm new here, been lurking, just joined up. Made a small introduction.

After my dad stopped drinking and became sober he started playing pool again. This is when he introduced me to the game. Him newly sober, playing pool was how we bonded. It was an adjustment having a now sober dad wanting to be a significant part of your life. But pool was our thing and made it work.

I joined the service, went to war, and then college. I have married and have 2 boys. In the middle of that I lost my dad; part of what kept me from a pool table.

After 10 years I started to play again. At the hall I regularly play at, I have been playing with an old Korean War veteran. He's a disabled vet, love his stories. Les is his name.

Les always joked if he had his own cue he'd beat me. Said his fixed income from VA disability limits spending for him. So for Christmas, I gave him my old dinged up Mcdermott. I have been wanting a sneaky pete to replace it and have been looking at the Players brand.

Anyways, I'd take your cue. But I'm new here and it feels wierd asking.

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
I'm hoping he posts on here, but I got a nice story PM from Inaction.

Going to send it to him to give to his local player and post pictures on here.

I'll have another test cue to give away soon. We're finishing up some blanks we made that are just sitting around.

Inaction

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you,

I am looking forward to presenting the cue to a local player who has a good eye for making shots and thinks ahead a few balls on nine foot tables. He is currently shooting with a four piece cue that has a screw in tip, which must be a very stiff cue.

Since I am extremely busy until April 15, it may be a little while before I catch up with him after putting a tip on it.

Inaction

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Mission Accomplished!!

The first time I tried to present the cue, I found out that Larry was in Arizona for another week. After five visits to the Center without him showing up, he finally walked into the pool room today just minutes before I needed to leave to get back to work. (I ended up staying a little longer)

He stated that he had just been to Sears and saw they had some pool cues on sale for $25, and said that he might go back and get one. I was happy to hear this, as I was hoping that for some strange reason, he would have an attachment to his starter cue.

I asked him if he was looking for a new cue. He replied "No, why, do you have one?"

I then told him this story, and congratulated him as I handed him his new cue.

He is definitely happy.

Thank you to Ideologist, it was a pleasure to be a part of this.

Last edited: