Anyone here in an APA Live Scoring test area?

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
I'm curious, as well. Rumor I heard was it would roll later this year, or early next...

pprice14

Registered
are you referring to the APA Scorekeeper app? It is being tested in the Memphis APA area, and it works wonderfully; St Louis is very responsive and receptive to updates/improvements/feedback. It is only 8-ball right now, but 9-ball should be roll out in 2020 from what I hear. The app is super intuitive and even new players can pick it up easily!

If there is something else new called Live, I'm interested in finding out, too!

cycopath

Call me Banger.
Silver Member
are you referring to the APA Scorekeeper app? It is being tested in the Memphis APA area, and it works wonderfully; St Louis is very responsive and receptive to updates/improvements/feedback. It is only 8-ball right now, but 9-ball should be roll out in 2020 from what I hear. The app is super intuitive and even new players can pick it up easily!

If there is something else new called Live, I'm interested in finding out, too!

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm talking about. I just called it the wrong thing. Thanks.

is it done from your smart phone?

Last edited:

pprice14

Registered
yeah, Scorekeeper truly is awesome. Since it's still in the trialing phase, the loser of the coin toss has to keep both the paper and app, with the winner of the toss only having to keep the app version.

it starts with a virtual coin toss, then whoever wins determines who puts up first just like normal, and you select it on the screen. it keeps track the normal stuff like defensive shots, innings, timeouts, etc. some of the enhancements that I know we have voiced in Memphis were: listing innings per rack as you're keeping the score, timer for timeouts, ability to subtract innings/defensive shots hit on accident, counting skill points to see how close you are to 23 for strategy, just to name a few.

we asked for the timeout timer, and a week later it was on the latest update, so St Louis truly is trying to get it perfect before rolling out to everyone. I can't wait for 9 ball, because I think it will simplify a lot of things.

cycopath

Call me Banger.
Silver Member
I'd love to see a screen shot of the app in use, if you happen to think of it next match.

Thanks for the info.

TeeA

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
is there a virtual lag for each match after the first? took'em 10 years to finally make a move...and not surprised they didn't do the more demanding nine ball scoring first

Tjteeple

Registered
is there a virtual lag for each match after the first? took'em 10 years to finally make a move...and not surprised they didn't do the more demanding nine ball scoring first

More demanding is probably the reason they did the 8 ball first. They are wanting customer buy-in before moving on to the more challenging product. Pretty typical in software development to get something that is usable and efficient in use and operating correctly while working on the next big thing.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
More demanding is probably the reason they did the 8 ball first. They are wanting customer buy-in before moving on to the more challenging product. Pretty typical in software development to get something that is usable and efficient in use and operating correctly while working on the next big thing.

Especially if they just want to make sure the live access part works, it being connected to National and all....that will be necessary for either 8 or 9, so why not work it out on 8 first.

APA Operator

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Especially if they just want to make sure the live access part works, it being connected to National and all....that will be necessary for either 8 or 9, so why not work it out on 8 first.

That and most of 8 applies to 9 as well, (most problems found now would be problems in both) so they can leverage the work done for 8 when doing 9, and 8 still applies to a larger audience. Smart software development if you ask me - I don't know why anyone who isn't a troll would even mention this. I hear 9 isn't that far behind, either.

NathanDetroit

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The app is well thought out and easy to use no matter how un-tech the user might be. Everyone in mid-Michigan loves it.

9 ball app is said to be near beta relesse.

Slam APA all you want, you have to admit they are out ahead with this.

Skippy27

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Little late on this one as I haven't been here in a while, but we are using the 8 and 9 ball scoring app and they are great.

Especially the 9 ball one as it really makes that so much easier.

pogmothoin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The app is well thought out and easy to use no matter how un-tech the user might be. Everyone in mid-Michigan loves it.

9 ball app is said to be near beta relesse.

Slam APA all you want, you have to admit they are out ahead with this.

TAP has been using a scoring app for a couple of years so I don't know how you figure the APA is "out ahead" with this. TAP 8 ball scoring is more detailed than APA, maybe that's why their ratings are more in line with actual ability rather than just innings per match minus safeties and won/loss record.