How much cost 1 hour of Pool in your State or Nation?

al-capool

Imagine all the people...
Silver Member
How much cost 1 hour of Pool in your State/ Nation / City?

What is the normal price for 1 hour of Pool in your State / Nation / City?

In our Poolhall (Biel in Switzerland) if you're not a member you pay 18 $ (=18 Swiss Francs) for 1 hour of Poolbilliard!
Btw 16 - 20 $ is the average price for 1 hour of Pool, here in Switzerland!

IMO that's definitely too much!

Because sadly I most admit that the decreasing of the interest for Poolbilliard seems not to stop! Of course especially from springtime to autumn, but also the passed winters, the tables in our Poolroom were and still are most of times not occupied and we only have 11 tables! (Five 9" and six 8" Pooltables)
Even at tournaments with good money prices, the number of players is still diminishing! Also when we make special offers, that doesn't affect much the number of visitors! For example: During April 2014 and 2015 we had from Wednesday to Sunday, from 8 PM to closure: Free Poolbilliard for the ladies! It hadn't a big success at all…

So something else has to change as well:
IMO it's still better for the business to invite people with low prices and let them pay for example only the half = 9 $ for 1 hour of Pool and having a good filled Poolhall! Instead to let them pay 18 $ and having again and again an empty Poolhall ... ! ?

KR, Roberto (Al Capool)

Last edited:

oldschool1478

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Switzerland has the highest cost of living in the world. Here in the US the average hour of pool on a 9 foot table is around $8 -12. Still too much for me, as I was playing 4 to 8 hours a week.
I finally bought a used Diamond 9 foot table of my own, that I play or practice on every day, and no longer have to suffer all that cigarette smoke and $4 beer.

Maybe a members only non-profit pool club could work, in this day when young people are losing interest in the game.

jaetee

rack master ;)
Silver Member
Palm Harbor, Florida

I think the rate is $5 per hour, per person...

I don't know for sure because, as a league player I get a lot of free table time. In fact, I'm pretty sure I get more $$ in free table time as I pay in league fees. In other words, the league pays for itself in free table time, plus...

Last edited:

afftonbilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Pool time in St. Louis, MO USA

We charge $4.25 per hour per person or you can rent the table for a flat rate of $12.00 per hour and include as many players as you wish. These prices include a sales tax. By the way, the pricing is prorated - if you only play for 45 minutes the dollar amount is adjusted.

Affton Billiards is an eight table facility: 7 - 9' and 1 - 8'. The business is over 50 years old and offers no bar or food other than snacks and soft drinks. There are not many in the midwest like this anymore. The pricing does not allow much in the way of discounts or specials.

What is played most in Switzerland; snooker, pocket pool or 3 cushion? Would you say the rooms are "upscale" or bare bones? The ones I was able to view online looked as though they reflect the prices you mentioned. Keep in mind the cost of real estate is almost the driving factor in pricing.

Thank you for your post as it is good to visit with pool playing friends from around the world.

Big Al

PS: Are the prices you mentioned per person or for the table regardless of number of players?

Last edited:

Kamikazecuetips

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
$2.00/hour here in Albuquerque, NM. We get half price, since we shoot 3-4 times/week 6 to 8 hours sessions.

al-capool

Imagine all the people...
Silver Member
We charge $4.25 per hour per person or you can rent the table for a flat rate of $12.00 per hour and include as many players as you wish. These prices include a sales tax. By the way, the pricing is prorated - if you only play for 45 minutes the dollar amount is adjusted.

Affton Billiards is an eight table facility: 7 - 9' and 1 - 8'. The business is over 50 years old and offers no bar or food other than snacks and soft drinks. There are not many in the midwest like this anymore. The pricing does not allow much in the way of discounts or specials.

What is played most in Switzerland; snooker, pocket pool or 3 cushion? Would you say the rooms are "upscale" or bare bones? The ones I was able to view online looked as though they reflect the prices you mentioned. Keep in mind the cost of real estate is almost the driving factor in pricing.

Thank you for your post as it is good to visit with pool playing friends from around the world.

Big Al

PS: Are the prices you mentioned per person or for the table regardless of number of players?

Thank you my friend. Yes I forget to mention that these 18 $ / hour, are for the table regardless of the number of players!

But IMO that's still too much! In relation to my pay-check and how much other things costing here ...

To answer your questions:

Our five 9" tables are good Diamond's, they're all in a good condition and quite difficult to play! I love to play on them!
The six 8" tables are made by Whoknowsit Inc. the cushions are done and the pockets are eating the balls, like Homer Simpson his Donuts...

In Switzerland Pool is clearly peoples favorite Billard, a very few persons prefer Snooker and even many less play carom and maybe 1% of them play 3 cushion.

We mainly play fast games, like 9-Ball, 8-Ball and 10-Ball. (In this order) But a little bit of 14/1 too.
I never understood why games like One-Pocket or Bankpool didn't became popular here in Europe? Personally I love One Pocket and Bank-Pool is not only a cool game, its also funny to play and watch too!

All the best to you and yours, Roberto (Al Capool)

Last edited:

afftonbilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whoknowsit, Inc. pool tables

Roberto, you really caught me off guard with that one! I searched the internet like crazy looking for Whoknowsit, Inc. - I just had to find out about that brand. I was so intent on the tables I didn't get your meaning. HaHaHa.
By the way, do think the Real King Cobra set up the Diamonds in Switzerland? And, are Homer's donuts jelly?

Big Al:thumbup:

nbkvig2

Pool Hall Owner
Here in Southern California, the rates vary by a lot depending on which area you're in. Ranges from $5-$25 an hr, with the latter being for snooker. Majority are pay by hour per table, a few does per person for happy hour.

I'm in a similar predicament as you are. In the past, I've changed the rate thinking it was the rate that was either too high or too low, and I've noticed a lot of times it's not just the rate. I really had to do a lot of homework on the demographics of the area in order to make an accurate adjustment.

Also, a suggestion box or asking your frequent customers for feedback might help as well. I'm very open to ideas and feedbacks from my regulars and I noticed it has helped a lot before I make any adjustments to the business.

BisonBilliards

BisonBilliards.com
Silver Member
Here in Buffalo, NY, we charge $5/hr. for a single person, $8/hr. for 2 people, and another $2/hr. for each additional player.

croscoe

Retired
Silver Member
Goota Love it here...

Schemengees: $5 all day prior to like 6pm ( or if you wish $8 hr)
DAAAAA READ THE SIGN :eek:

League players practice FREE any time if a table is available. :smile:

ctyhntr

RIP Kelly
Silver Member
In Manhattan, New York City my local pool hall charges $8-11 dollar per hour, and $36-$39 for a powerplay that last from 11AM to 5PM.

In Queens, 3 hours for $20.

erriep

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
in Paris , the billard club nation/"shoot again" poolroom charges 15€/17$ per hour the week end, day price 13€/15$ per hour.

808billiards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Our rates as follows per hour/per person
$4 10am - 2pm
$5 2pm - Closing

Play 2 hours and get 3rd hour for free.

Last edited:

JoeyC71176

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where I play on league and practice is $13 for a 6 hr block per person day or night except Fridays. Their normal rate I'm not sure of but if you play for more than 2 hours I know the pass price of $13 is worth it

cueandcushion

Cue & Cushion_STL_MO
Silver Member
Saint Louis

$3.60 / hour per person for our standard rate.
$1.80/ hour per person for many specials. Facebook Specials, Military Specials, early Bird Rates etc. Free pool for league players during league night.

12 9 foot tables
1 8 foot table
10 foot Snooker
10 foot heated Soren Sogaard.
Bumper Pool table
Ping Pong table

ZeroSkylineX

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From Toronto, Canada here. Most pool halls here charge $12/h but during the day time, most pool halls have an incentive before 6-7pm. It's either half price or a flat rate. The pool hall I go to, they have a very good flat rate. Everyday from 12pm-7pm, flat rate cost of $10 including taxes. There's two pool halls I know of that charges $15 flat rate on weekdays from 11am-5pm. All the prices I listed are in Canadian dollars and charged per person. There's also a pool hall I know of that gives free table time on weekdays until 6pm for CPA members with the purchase of a drink.

THE MONTREALER

THE MONTREALER
Silver Member
From Toronto, Canada here. Most pool halls here charge $12/h but during the day time, most pool halls have an incentive before 6-7pm. It's either half price or a flat rate. The pool hall I go to, they have a very good flat rate. Everyday from 12pm-7pm, flat rate cost of $10 including taxes. There's two pool halls I know of that charges $15 flat rate on weekdays from 11am-5pm. All the prices I listed are in Canadian dollars and charged per person. There's also a pool hall I know of that gives free table time on weekdays until 6pm for CPA members with the purchase of a drink.

HI Here in Montreal the rate is $12.00 per hour for two players which
comes to $6.00 per player.* You also get a rebate of 10 percent which
comes to $10.80 for two players

Back in the sixtys we use to pay 60 cents per hour also back then
you could play a game of snooker for 25 cents.per game

What we used to do back then when the owner was not looking we
would add reds back on the table so that the game would last
longer.

Those were the good days with at least 100 pool rooms that were
opened and plenty of action back then