Shafts with similiar feel to pre cat 314's

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The question as it is; What shafts have a similiar feel to that of 314 precat shafts? I like the feel of my old 314, it has an unique tone to it. The wood is nice and dark in colour, time has made it a lot darker than any new shafts and it feels sharper on hit compared to any new shaft I have played with. It also has just the right amount of deflection to my taste wich is nice.

How do OB classic+ compare or a Hybrid edge?

Im soon going to receive a sweeeet Barnhart cue with a Radial joint so I'm already looking for alternative shaft similiar to what I am already accustomed to. I would like to keep the original shaft clean and unharmed so im looking for another shaft for it to play with. Already have a 314'2 picked up but from experience I know that it hits quite a bit different than a precat :eek:

Post your suggestions and experiences. I would appreciate any input if you have something to say about this :)

mrkdenton

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the old pre cats hit different and had a different tone because everyone I have owned or seen had a wood joint. Meaning even with the black phenolic ring at the joint. It still had wood exposed also. Where as the 314/2 314/3 etc all.just have the phenolic joints. No wood exposed.

The question as it is; What shafts have a similiar feel to that of 314 precat shafts? I like the feel of my old 314, it has an unique tone to it. The wood is nice and dark in colour, time has made it a lot darker than any new shafts and it feels sharper on hit compared to any new shaft I have played with. It also has just the right amount of deflection to my taste wich is nice.

How do OB classic+ compare or a Hybrid edge?

Im soon going to receive a sweeeet Barnhart cue with a Radial joint so I'm already looking for alternative shaft similiar to what I am already accustomed to. I would like to keep the original shaft clean and unharmed so im looking for another shaft for it to play with. Already have a 314'2 picked up but from experience I know that it hits quite a bit different than a precat :eek:

Post your suggestions and experiences. I would appreciate any input if you have something to say about this :)

I do not think you will find a similar hitting shaft to the pre cat 314. I have tried out many of the other LD shafts in the past, and nothing compares to the pre cat 314. They are the greatest hitting LD shafts that were ever made, in my opinion. I have not tried out many of the LD shafts on the market, but I can't imagine any of them hitting as nice as the pre cat 314. I would suggest that you just try to find another pre cat 314 (the ones that just say "314" near the joint). I hope I can get me another one someday. Really regret selling the last one that I had (an old Helmstetter combined with a pre cat 314). I pretty much gave it away, because I was desperate for money. They are the best hitting LD shaft ever made. There is a good reason why they sell for so much money on ebay for example.