Miscellaneous Stuff

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Indoor League 2

Tony Ross
1.02K subscribers
This great old northern pub games show presented by Fred Trueman, with bar billiards, then the darts using a typical yorkshire board with no trebles. Next back to the bar billiards, after Fred tries to smooth talk Vera before we return to more non stop bar billiards action. Ah'll see thee then!
Category
Entertainment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed1IchWKsYI

Swighey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/snooker/50706643

Old news , just a catch up really .

Emperor Barry Hearn really can sell sand to the Arabs . :rolleyes::cool::thumbup:

Still a long, long way behind tennis and golf, but there are now 2 tournaments with half a million quid for the winner plus a few others with £200k plus for the champ. Looks like Barry Hearn is coming good on his promise to make snooker a “major sport”.

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Saudi Arabia and Human Rights

Still a long, long way behind tennis and golf, but there are now 2 tournaments with half a million quid for the winner plus a few others with £200k plus for the champ. Looks like Barry Hearn is coming good on his promise to make snooker a “major sport”.

Remember when Ronnie O'Sullivan was shouting out , " RANKING POINT'S"

Emperor Hearn has got a gig in Saudi Arabia worth £500,000 to the winner so would you enter or sit this one out ?

Pretty sure the gig will be be fulled up with players ! :rolleyes::smile::thumbup:

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Florian 'Venom' Kohler Pool Table projection system

Florian 'Venom' Kohler
Pool Table projection system
Have you seen this program before? Looks like an awesome tool to practice your pool game!!!! Thanks to @valexcarre ! :

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=2830410097009080

Probably posted this video before so here we go again .

It's an above table projector beaming images onto the table baize .

Got to be a way of an above table camera that can beam down every position a ball was in place before a foul shot etc for the reset .

None of this ask a second referee on a TV "Where did these balls go again mate ?"

Absolute amateurism at best from World Snooker .

Put's an end to farce situations like Ali 'I Hit It' Carter :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpw0EUyLyPM

There's £500,000 up for grabs at this years World's so what's it going to take for World Snooker to move into the new ages and scrap the second referee at the TV screen saying up a bit , down a bit , to the left a bit , to the right a bit , yeah that will do .

One day maybe a player will sue World Snooker for financial loss due to reset balls after a foul shot being milimeter's out of place .

As John Virgo say's "You just never know."

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Have you seen this program before? Looks like an awesome tool to practice your pool game!!!! ...
Yes I have.

I think that if you need something like that to keep you interested during practice sessions, the fascination will probably wear off in a month and you would have done more for your game by getting some help from a coach. Maybe the fact that you spent 500 whatevers for the system and the projector will drive you to keep at it.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... Got to be a way of an above table camera that can beam down every position a ball was in place before a foul shot etc for the reset .
Put's an end to farce situations like Ali 'I Hit It' Carter :
I agree with this completely. Suitable cameras are very inexpensive and they could have each of 18 focused on a different part of the table from the lights. The ref could have a tablet with before/after alternating on the screen as they replace the balls. I believe they already do this in China according to some comment made by the broadcast team.

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Bob !

I agree with this completely. Suitable cameras are very inexpensive and they could have each of 18 focused on a different part of the table from the lights. The ref could have a tablet with before/after alternating on the screen as they replace the balls. I believe they already do this in China according to some comment made by the broadcast team.

You can see it !

An overhead camera that can project the image of where every ball is on a reset foul shot .

It's a simple idea that takes out many equations .

Bob , patent the idea to Emperor Barry Hearn !