cuecomponents.com reputation

Jon Manning

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have done a search but, nothing about this site.
PM me if you would like and I will keep all PM's private.
I am considering making a large purchase and do not want to get screwed, any info would help.
I am not trying to start any thing, just looking for some info.
Thanks.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I am considering making a large purchase and do not want to get screwed, any info would help.
Thanks.

No first hand, BUT it has been discussed on here at length and probably will give you what you seek. Try the Google search trick with AZ.

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Joe Barringer

Thanks.

Why, so we can be chicken $hit's and talk about people behind there back ?

Look at joes AZB public profile and look up the stuff he has posted and make you own opinion .
And look at his I trader..

There is tons of stuff on here with joe opinion .
As far as I am concerned You could be joe in here under a different user name ....
The fact you want people to pm you and turn themselves into little snitches/ *****es on joe is little thin for me ...
Why would you ask people to do that ?
Kind a underhanded on your part .

No, never done business with joe, and that is my personal business.
If you wish to really form a honest opinion of Joe, then read the stuff he has wrote.

Because if you do, then you will realize You should of never asked this question to begin with ....

Rain-Man

Team Deplorable
Silver Member
Thanks.

This outta be fun...

Attachments

• images (13).jpg
    images (13).jpg
    3.2 KB · Views: 837

4scarecrow

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Joe is certainly one of a kind. Made a couple purchases from him. Transactions were smooth. Emailed him about a problem I had. Shit went sideways. I'll probably seek out another retailer next time provided they have the material I'm looking for.

Jon Manning

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why, so we can be chicken $hit's and talk about people behind there back ?

Look at joes AZB public profile and look up the stuff he has posted and make you own opinion .
And look at his I trader..

There is tons of stuff on here with joe opinion .
As far as I am concerned You could be joe in here under a different user name ....
The fact you want people to pm you and turn themselves into little snitches/ *****es on joe is little thin for me ...
Why would you ask people to do that ?
Kind a underhanded on your part .

No, never done business with joe, and that is my personal business.
If you wish to really form a honest opinion of Joe, then read the stuff he has wrote.

Because if you do, then you will realize You should of never asked this question to begin with ....

Aren't you a cute one!
First and foremost... I can do what the hell I please!
I gave people the option too PM me, because some may not want to deal with narrow minded a-holes like that person you see in the mirror every morning. Now, me on the other hand have no issues dealing with a bully like you.

As I said in my original post, I was just looking for info, which would lead me to make my own decision.

mortuarymike-nv

mortuarymike-nv
Silver Member
Aren't you a cute one!
First and foremost... I can do what the hell I please!
I gave people the option too PM me, because some may not want to deal with narrow minded a-holes like that person you see in the mirror every morning. Now, me on the other hand have no issues dealing with a bully like you.

As I said in my original post, I was just looking for info, which would lead me to make my own decision.

You sound just like Joe ......

john coloccia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've heard a lot both ways, but my two trasactions with him were very smooth, and tge quality of the wood I bought was really top notch. I spoke with him for a minute on the phone for something, and he was very pleasant.

But they were small orders and I'm not sure I'll place any large orders. I'm happy placing small orders for now. There's just too much uncertainty in my mind that I don't want to risk it.

pathman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for the info AZ, the consensus seems to be about the same.

I appreciate the help.

I've heard some not so great things from cue-builder friends about sketchy quality on wood and ivory. I have personally ordered some things in the past (small quantities) and had nothing but good luck. I found the customer service to be fine and would order again if I needed something.

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have bought stuff from Joe, and he was very polite and shipped my stuff quickly.
I have all his cuebuilding videos and I don`t really care much for them.
I have had both pleasant and unpleasant conversations with Joe on this forum, even a few PM`s. Joe often comes across as a very abrasive guy, but my dealings with him, he has clearly stated where he disagrees with me and made it clear that he has the right to conduct his business as he chooses.
I don`t really have a problem with that, and Joe has never resorted to namecalling or derogatory comments towards me.

john coloccia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have bought stuff from Joe, and he was very polite and shipped my stuff quickly.
I have all his cuebuilding videos and I don`t really care much for them.
I have had both pleasant and unpleasant conversations with Joe on this forum, even a few PM`s. Joe often comes across as a very abrasive guy, but my dealings with him, he has clearly stated where he disagrees with me and made it clear that he has the right to conduct his business as he chooses.
I don`t really have a problem with that, and Joe has never resorted to namecalling or derogatory comments towards me.

A friend lent me his videos. Honestly, I'm not sure how useful they are if you're going into it cold with no experience, but I did pick up some great pointers. Is he from New York? Reminds me of everyone I grew up with, including me. Maybe that's why I liked them. Reminds me of home. :)

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A friend lent me his videos. Honestly, I'm not sure how useful they are if you're going into it cold with no experience, but I did pick up some great pointers. Is he from New York? Reminds me of everyone I grew up with, including me. Maybe that's why I liked them. Reminds me of home. :)

Sure, they are not without good points. But the way they are made, leaves alaot to be desired...
Having said that, there really isn`t any good cuebuilding dvd`s out there. I have them all, and bad camerawork and a fumbeling presentation is the norm.
Bob Dzuricky should make some, his youtube channel is the best cuebuilding videos around.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
He advertises actual shipping costs but charges double. Products are ok.
You do have to read his Don't call me IF policy....I commend his discloser

What kind of large purchase are you making? Merchandise or a Cue.

Last edited:

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
I've made dozens of small to medium purchases from Joe. Always the gentleman, always
good communication and merchandise. Two thumbs-up for Joe B.

john coloccia

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Sure, they are not without good points. But the way they are made, leaves alaot to be desired...
Having said that, there really isn`t any good cuebuilding dvd`s out there. I have them all, and bad camerawork and a fumbeling presentation is the norm.
Bob Dzuricky should make some, his youtube channel is the best cuebuilding videos around.

I'd have to agree I'm afraid. If you're just starting with zero experience, Hightower's are probably the best because he kind of shows you somewhat how to use a lathe. Joe's videos are basically his building philosophy and not a lot of nuts and bolts how-to. Coming at it as someone with woodworking and machining experience, I picked up a lot from both. I feel sorry for guys going in cold. There's going to be a very steep learning curve no matter what you do!

Yeah, Joe's presentation is funny. Lots of smoking, talking, goofing around, etc. Each one could probably be condensed down to 15 minutes if you cut out everything but the basic cue building stuff. Again, it felt kind of like home to me, but I can definitely see where a lot of people are really just going to absolutely hate them!

Superiorduper

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've purchased a few small items from joe, he shipped quickly and everything went smoothly. I also purchased one of his sneaky Pete's from someone and I am quite fond of the cue, it is the stiffest hardest hitting cue I've ever shot with. I emailed him inquiring about the pin and he responded within the same day which was nice. Idk he seems like an honest guy who has probably had his share of people who have screwed him over. I'm just making that assumption because he seems to have a defensiveness about him?

Kim Bye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd have to agree I'm afraid. If you're just starting with zero experience, Hightower's are probably the best because he kind of shows you somewhat how to use a lathe. Joe's videos are basically his building philosophy and not a lot of nuts and bolts how-to. Coming at it as someone with woodworking and machining experience, I picked up a lot from both. I feel sorry for guys going in cold. There's going to be a very steep learning curve no matter what you do!

Yeah, Joe's presentation is funny. Lots of smoking, talking, goofing around, etc. Each one could probably be condensed down to 15 minutes if you cut out everything but the basic cue building stuff. Again, it felt kind of like home to me, but I can definitely see where a lot of people are really just going to absolutely hate them!

Your spot on!
I hate that approach. I don`t really want to know "Joe the guy" I want to learn cuebuilding, and everything that distracts from that, is unnecessary too me.
That`s why I like Bob`s videos, so much.

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
mileage varies to say the least!

Thanks.

Joe and I started off on the wrong foot right here on this site. I read a thread bashing him pretty thoroughly and said where there is smoke there must be fire, think I'll stay away. Joe sent me a PM said he didn't want to do business with me either! I replied I didn't need the headache.

From that start we talked a little and I made a couple of purchases from Joe, everything great on medium sized purchases. Then I had a shipping issue, some cheap wood missing and a hole in a box. Some ivory missing too. I told Joe to forget the wood, not worth reshipping three dollar cores but I wanted the ivory. Joe said he would make up the missing ivory and reship the original ivory order. I didn't expect this but assumed he had misspoke. Nope, covered the loss plus doubled my order, free!

As Joe told me, he pleases probably 98% or more of his customers. Usually a reason when Joe and a customer get sideways and Joe couldn't spell "tact" if he posted it on a sign near his computer! Like me, he tends to meet people halfway, good guys and jackasses. When you meet jackasses halfway they tend to get offended. I suspect some good guys call Joe upset from the moment they call and have issues too. He will work out issues but not if you call raising hell from the jump. Personally I like Joe, have had excellent dealings with him throughout.

I had an order screwed up seemingly deliberately by an employee at one of the biggest players in the industry. Called them up, totally unconcerned not expecting any issues dealing with the problems and fully expecting to be taken care of. Out of multiple pieces of twelve different items, eight groups of items were wrong like somebody deliberately grabbed out of the bin right beside the right one, similar to what I ordered but not quite. Talked to a great puckered smelly ass. Mentioned it on the cue builders forum and they told me who I needed to talk to, a great guy who would make things right. Um, that is who I had talked to. Late afternoon, guess he had a bad day. Screw them though, I don't even buy what they make from them! They burned me for a hundred or so, not giving them another chance.

Another highly regarded supplier burned me for serious dollars too, cost me over a thousand to fix. He had some major misfortune in his own life and I dropped my issues. Many sing his praises.

I have had great dealings with some suppliers, fair dealings with most, and bad dealings with a couple. I think you will find that true of most people who buy cue supplies. All of us end up with suppliers we like and suppliers we wouldn't deal with on a bet. Funny thing, some hate the suppliers others like and vice-versa! You have to build your relationships with suppliers. I prefer putting in some medium sized orders, fifty dollars to a couple hundred. If they go smoothly then I place more orders and bigger orders.

Hu