Revo shaft now available for purchase

Rain-Man

Team Deplorable
Silver Member
Did you buy from ebay? There's only 1 seller there right now that's offering the new shafts for sale so I assume you got it from "loungebilliards1".

Yep, thats me.. We were the first to get our listing up last night, just after Predator officially went live on their web site (we had to wait to do it)..:smile:

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Order placed for a 12.4mm one :smile:

I will write a thorough review of it once I have enough time with it to form an opinion :smile:

Rain-Man

Team Deplorable
Silver Member
I wonder if they will be for sale ato the expo? Didn't like the original because I'm not a fan of the 12.9mm. However, 12.4 sounds very intriguing. About $100 less than most people were originally thinking too. Actually hope they are for sale at expo as I don't want to spend my funds on it there lol.

They should, unless they sell out real quick.. I know my Predator rep is out there (Mike Lear) working the show.. I've sold all I have coming in already (in less than 12hrs) except for (1) 12.90mm Uniloc, which I expect to sell before this afternoon ends..

I do not know the exact number for sure, but I want to say there were only 500 made for the initial launch of them. They allotted only so many to each Gold level Predator dealer (if we could have ordered more, I would have...)..

RickLafayette

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Dude, you have a Scruggs and you're thinking about making a Predator BREAK cue your main player??

All that so you can use the Revo shaft?

I didn't say anything about being my main player, just a player. My Scruggs is my main player, but I have quite a few cues I like to switch off with, just....because I can. I have a Palmer, Diveney, Lambros, and a few Predators. Yeah, I don't mind spending the money on the Revo shaft to test it out. If I don't like it, I sell it.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
As much as I would love to try out the 12.4 I just bought a brand new Revo as a back up for $450.00 And the larger dia. isn't an issue for me at all...

MissippiBrock

Registered
Can't wait to get mine, especially since I didn't have to get a 12.9 diameter. I don't know why so many people dislike it. I think the black shaft looks pretty awesome. plus I'm bad about dinging my cues.

mtank79

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm considering getting a schon stl6 & having it matched up with the 12.4. Wouldn't keep the soft top though.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Can't wait to get mine, especially since I didn't have to get a 12.9 diameter. I don't know why so many people dislike it. I think the black shaft looks pretty awesome. plus I'm bad about dinging my cues.

12.9 and every diameter is a personal choice. I'm enjoying mine.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well today at 2 pm when I tried one out they said they were almost sold out if I wanted one. Not sure if that was true or the salesmen trying to make a sale.

Scott Lee

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've been playing with mine daily, for the past 10 months...the 12.9, and I love it. Just yesterday I received notication that I'll be testing the new 12.4 shaft and a prototype of the new Revo break shaft. I look forward to playing with both of them. :thumbup:

Scott Lee
http://poolknowledge.com

Alex Kanapilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
OK, I'm really considering this now. I just don't want to go through the headache of trying to get use to a low deflection shaft. I tried that last year and it didn't go so well but I'm guessing it's because I never really committed myself to it.

I have hit with the revo and I like it a lot and I love the idea of no dings. That's actually the main reason I'd go for it but I just don't want to suffer through the time it will take to get used to aiming with low deflection.

Alex Kanapilly

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dude, you have a Scruggs and you're thinking about making a Predator BREAK cue your main player??

All that so you can use the Revo shaft?

Just curious what your beef with the revo shaft is? Is it the price, the carbon fiber construction or that it's black?

I play with a southwest and have several fancy cues but am considering switching to it mainly to avoid dings. I've hit with a few of them now and they play good as far as hit and feel, and even sound. If you haven't hit with one, you should try it out.

The only thing stopping me is the time it will take to get used to the lower deflection. That's going to be a pain.

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm getting request from players wanting to change out thier joint screws. Which is ok with me but for the guys playing with somewhat collectable cues. Consider whether the joint screw change will hurt the value of your cue.
Food for thought.