How many think Florian "Venom" Kohler should have his own line of cues?

shasta777

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just was thinking out loud... :)

Since Florian "Venom" Kohler is proving once again, he is one of the Best, if NOT the Best trickshot pool artist in the world!!
I really think somehow he should be honored by having his own line of cues... main reason is because it is such a specialized part
of billiards & gives so many people enjoyment & entertainment... thinking it would be a great way to honor a special talent!!!

Just wanted to see if anybody else also agrees... this is my 2 cents anyhow.... for what it is worth... like to hear what some others think or feel...

Way to go Florian... well done!!! Congratulations!!! Your *star* just got brighter my friend!!!!
Take those 16 Bald Headed kids now & put them to bed... & yourself... lol... Well deserved Record & Rest!!!

Add your comments if you like!!! :)

shasta777

Last edited:

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Since Florian "Venom" Kohler is proving once again, he is one of the Best, if NOT the Best trickshot pool artist in the world!! I really think somehow he should be honored
by having his own line of cues... main reason is because it is such a specialized part
of billiards & gives so many people enjoyment & entertainment... thinking it would be
a great way to honor a special talent!!!

Just wanted to see if anybody else also agrees... this is my 2 cents anyhow.... for what
it is worth... like to hear what some others think or feel...

shasta777

Whenever I try to get a game where we have to jump the cue ball over three tables to play 9-ball on the 4th table, nobody wants to play.

Maybe because they don't have one of his cues.

trinacria

in efren we trust
Silver Member
what record? and besides a jump cue I don't see how he could market his name to playing cues.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member

Since Florian "Venom" Kohler is proving once again, he is one of the Best, if NOT the Best trickshot pool artist in the world!!
I really think somehow he should be honored by having his own line of cues... main reason is because it is such a specialized part
of billiards & gives so many people enjoyment & entertainment... thinking it would be a great way to honor a special talent!!!

Just wanted to see if anybody else also agrees... this is my 2 cents anyhow.... for what it is worth... like to hear what some others think or feel...

Way to go Florian... well done!!! Congratulations!!! Your *star* just got brighter my friend!!!!
Take those 16 Bald Headed kids now & put them to bed... & yourself... lol... Well deserved Record & Rest!!!

shasta777

I have a hunch that Florian has toyed with the idea of having a line of cues that he could endorse. I bet it could work. As far as Florian being the best? By far! There are many very good trick shot artists out there but its his imagination that makes him so amazing.

gogg

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hijack——- watching Florian makes me want to try a real massè cue.
Has anybody used one? Did it actually help with that crazy action?

(Yet another thing that I cannot REALLY do... oh, sometimes, to some extent, but not like THAT!)

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Ultimately, the question is whether such a line of cues would sell, not whether Florian should be honored with his own line of cues.

Florian can be viewed as the successor to Mike Massey who was, for many years, the undisputed trick shot king. Although he had some sponsorship from the cue companies, I don't think Mike ever had a line of cues.

It's never about whether the player deserves a line of cues, but instead about whether the name recognition that would go with that line of cues, assuming they are of reasonable quality, would move the product for the manufacturer.

I don't think it's crystal clear that a "Venom" line of cues would be a big seller. Pretty tough to say one way or the other.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

(Yet another thing that I cannot REALLY do... oh, sometimes, to some extent, but not like THAT!)

Yes, but not because you can't do it full stick. I learned full stick and at the time the 8' corner to corner parabola was a typical training/gauge exercise on 3 cushion tables. Dedicated sticks make it much easier to do, but I can't say they cause more rotation. I heard rumors of some sticks emulating a greased ball dynamic, but I never saw it (or believe it).

What I find strangest is that it only takes about 8 straight hours to learn the simplicity of controlling masse, but so few take the time to learn it. However, in pocket billiards the only game type were it becomes a massive advantage is in 1-Pocket, but most games are run-out and it has almost little opportunity in those game types (although, it comes up). My 3 cushion glory days are long gone, but I do play a lot of Honolulu and even there it doesn't come up much (since you can use any ball).

Last edited:

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This could be up there with Mizerak cues. I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

A masse cue really helps. I use a custom masse cue from Abram Diaz (Too Tall Custom Cues) It retails around $650 or so. Action sells a masse cue for around $125. The weight helps with the energy transfer. Let the cue do the work. The length helps as well so you don't have to hold a long cue.

briankenobi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ultimately, the question is whether such a line of cues would sell, not whether Florian should be honored with his own line of cues.

Florian can be viewed as the successor to Mike Massey who was, for many years, the undisputed trick shot king. Although he had some sponsorship from the cue companies, I don't think Mike ever had a line of cues.

It's never about whether the player deserves a line of cues, but instead about whether the name recognition that would go with that line of cues, assuming they are of reasonable quality, would move the product for the manufacturer.

I don't think it's crystal clear that a "Venom" line of cues would be a big seller. Pretty tough to say one way or the other.

Florian has his own Jump Cue. I believe he has had it out our for about 6 months or so but I could be wrong.

Thunder Thighs

I'm your Huckleberry
Silver Member
I think the cue companies should go for it. A lot of marketing needs to be done. So the guys with deep pockets at Predator and Cuetec will probably be more successful at launching a Florian cue than a smaller company.

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The difference is mike could also play ... trick shots was just something to make money when not in tournaments or action. There is a big difference.

No. The only people that would buy that would be newbie apa players who love this guy. Other then that the market is pretty thin. Nice kid..good entertainer .. but that’s about it.

Geosnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Absolutely. He could call it the ’Magic cue’.

Then in three years I’ll be able to buy it at our thrift store for $10 like the other 50 or so cues In my collection that everyone raved about.

Hint. The best basketball players aren’t the ones that spend hours spinning a ball on their nose, they are in the thick of the game in the NBA. Florian seems like a fun guy. However. Florian couldn’t make it into Snooker Q school let alone ever make it into the top 128 Snooker rankings.

shasta777

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think the cue companies should go for it. A lot of marketing needs to be done. So the guys with deep pockets at Predator and Cuetec will probably be more successful at launching a Florian cue than a smaller company.

I agree... as everyone already knows... pool has been on a huge decline for many years.. Florian brings a breathe of fresh air to the sport...
He has entertained millions of people for years & has many many fans,,, some of his records will NEVER be broken!!

I think some of these cue makers "WILL" do something & soon!!!... as each will think this over long & hard. What they will see & decide is - look we better do something before that next guy/gal or company does.

The name "Venom" or even "Florian" is worldwide known already!! He has also the attention of the YOUNG people as fans who think he is the BEST...
again good for the sport... he deserves it just as much as anyone!!

Lastly, for those who disagree that is fine & I knew there would be some who would... BUT I also know there will be many others all over the world who will agree with me!!
The reason for this thread was just to see what others think... as for me this is a done deal!! Just a matter of when...

shasta777 - (tz)

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This could be up there with Mizerak cues. I like it.

I have several 90s Mizerak cues. Got 'em in the 90s at the now defunct Sports Authority; less than 100 bucks total. They stocked dozens of cheap cues and the cool thing was the hands on quantity. Drop tested all that looked good enough (aesthetically) and picked the ones that bounced the straightest. Ended up with decent, unassuming cues that were actually an upgrade at the time.

Florian OTOH is noted for his gonzo otherworldly ball manipulation. A cheap line would be ill advised. :grin: