Dream Challenge -Team USA v Team Russia (23-25 Sep2019) 9b/9ft. Winning team $15K

racetoday

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Is this match still in progress or already completed?

Today is the final day..... USA is up 7-5..... first to 10 matches wins.

I believe it starts at noon central time at the below link. (But, I could be off an hour either way on the start time)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaymcYF8M1xVV-V1osfB_4g

It's a good clean professional stream and Jeremy Jones is the primary commentator. Has been great !!!! High recommend.

Hope this helps.

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It sounds as if Jeremy has little interest in talking equipment. the Russian commentator tries to give a detailed run down of the equipment, cue, shaft, tip , ounces, etc. Other than a little conversation about Elkmaster, I haven't heard Jeremy really comment too much or engage in the equipment talk at all...

BRussell

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It sounds as if Jeremy has little interest in talking equipment. the Russian commentator tries to give a detailed run down of the equipment, cue, shaft, tip , ounces, etc. Other than a little conversation about Elkmaster, I haven't heard Jeremy really comment too much or engage in the equipment talk at all...

And when JJ did respond for a moment about tips, Emily literally said "you guys have to stop talking about tips" lol.

spartan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Final Day

Final Day starts 8pm Moscow time (1pm Eastern) about 10 minutes from now

Live Stream
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCaymcYF8M1xVV-V1osfB_4g

USA leads 7-5. First to reach 10 points win.
They will play maximum 7 matches today.
First 2 matches already scheduled. 3rd match onwards will all be Singles and all Captains Picks

finalday1.JPG

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did notice that too and I like that he prefers sharing his knowledge about what is important the most).
It was also very good to see Max Eberle who was not only looking old school but also using an old school equipment and playing old school and still being able to give a good fight to a really talented Fedor Gorst who belongs to the younger generation of players who uses modern equipment. It was one more example of what is important the most.
The best ad at this dreamchallenge is the ad of the pool school in Moscow because the best thing for our sport is the kids coming into this game to master it and have fun).

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I did notice that too and I like that he prefers sharing his knowledge about what is important the most).
It was also very good to see Max Eberle who was not only looking old school but also using an old school equipment and playing old school and still being able to give a good fight to a really talented Fedor Gorst who belongs to the younger generation of players who uses modern equipment. It was one more example of what is important the most.
The best ad at this dreamchallenge is the ad of the pool school in Moscow because the best thing for our sport is the kids coming into this game to master it and have fun).

what is mad max shooting with?

i enjoyed the products run through, because it was not just the usual sponsor shoutout. i'm gonna try the techno dud myself

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
what is mad max shooting with?

i enjoyed the products run through, because it was not just the usual sponsor shoutout. i'm gonna try the techno dud myself
It is definitely great we have so many good possibilities to choose from when it comes to the equipment but the ability to perform using it that is what really matters especially when you play in such conditions like this dreamchallenge or Mosconi cup.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Now that run-out (3rd rack of the match vs Corey) Fedor just made with those 2-3-4 in the start was really amazing. It is interesting how this battle ends up.

Last edited:

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It was a real thriller and what a 7-ball from Fedor in a decider when you don't have an extension. Now with the score 8:7 it is still some hope for more excitement in front.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is really fun to watch such matches with high quility pool and some drama with a shot-clock. It's a pity it seems like it's going to be 10:7 if Ruslan does not come back with his A-game and some luck in addition.

couldnthinkof01

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No hill-hill with SVB vs Gorst in a decider like previous years... What a pity but it was fun anyway)

Agreed.
Especially in these team events.
Although Shane is doing better in them
if it goes hill-hill, that final match you
never know what your going to get from him.

Fun to watch, great production, JJ excellent as usual,
and a good win for the boys heading into the mosconi cup.

That trophy is pretty slick too.
I love that Dutch or Chinese? Blue and white porcelain style.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
At 8-7....mistakes were made....:eek:

Thorpe looking good for a Mosconi spot....

Anybody notice that the lagging has improved?....for the last year...
...we’re ready for the lagging championship of the world....
...I still like a carom player to win it.

Anybody notice the emcee looked better than the players?....:wub: