Umbrellas and Cues - Show Us Yours

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I guess we can now post anything on the Main Forum so long as we include "and Cues" in the title (thanks, mods!) - so here's my contribution.

I like the DaveK Elite pictured here - old style classy in black. How about you?

pj
chgo

View attachment 38255

Attachments

• umbrella.png
    umbrella.png
    13.7 KB · Views: 836

RingKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I take offence to this post. I live in Hawaii and do not own nor do I think I have any need for an umbrella.

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I never understood why some were so insistent on threads being broken down into a million different subsections. All you end up with is a main forum that looks like a ghost town. This place is already over sub-forumed as it is. There's value in a diverse main forum.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
I guess we can now post anything on the Main Forum so long as we include "and Cues" in the title (thanks, mods!) - so here's my contribution.

I like the DaveK Elite pictured here - old style classy in black. How about you?

pj
chgo
I don't mind the classy look, but I think if guys are going to break into the Umbrella scene, they need to stretch their design imagination. I think it's up to the new guys to really take on this challenge, or else they'll always be considered a newby,

I am concerned about the elephants, however, so I think this might be my last ebony and ivory umbrella. No, of course it's not really ebony and ivory, but just having the same colors might cause the pygmy African Elephant to go extinct.

Please note on my E&I Tuxedo style brella, I have two wrap arounds for better control. If I see anyone copying this innovation, I will call the UDT (Umbrella Design Theft) police.

My back up is completely unique and gaudy as all get out, just as I like. I actually haven't used it yet, nor do I plan on it. I still have the original tags and even the price sticker. Now, I'm not known as a flipper, but I think this will add to its resale value in the coming years, once the market turns around. I have named it , as all good umbrellas need a name... Louie the 'pluie.

Freddie <~~~ HTH

Attachments

• Brelly Collection.JPG
    Brelly Collection.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 726
Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
I don't mind the classy look, but I think if guys are going to break into the Umbrella scene, they need to stretch their design imagination. I think it's up to the new guys to really take on this challenge, or else they'll always be considered a newby,

I am concerned about the elephants, however, so I think this might be my last ebony and ivory umbrella. No, of course it's not really ebony and ivory, but just having the same colors might cause the pygmy African Elephant to go extinct.

Please note on my E&I Tuxedo style brella, I have two wrap arounds for better control. If I see anyone copying this innovation, I will call the UDT (Umbrella Design Theft) police.

My back up is completely unique and gaudy as all get out, just as I like. I actually haven't used it yet, nor do I plan on it. I still have the original tags and even the price sticker. Now, I'm not known as a flipper, but I think this will add to its resale value in the coming years, once the market turns around. I have named it , as all good umbrellas need a name... Louie the 'pluie.

Freddie <~~~ HTH
Nice collection, Freddie - I bet the rain refuses to fall when you go out with those beauties.

But, please - get some new chalk! This is a pool forum, dude!

pj
chgo

Mr. Bond

Orbis Non Sufficit
Gold Member
Silver Member
I can't find it right now, but I found a vintage ad from a high dollar department store that was giving away a billiard cue with a matching umbrella. The umbrella handle and the cue matched perfectly in every detail , it was a pretty slick idea for 1910. Imo

Interestingly enough, I was discussing the same ad with Mr. Herceck one day when he shared a story with me about Mr. Spain building a full splice plunger handle.

Classic .

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nice collection, Freddie - I bet the rain refuses to fall when you go out with those beauties.
Don't be ridiculous.

Wait for it....

We all know it's the Indian not the arrow.

But, I'll have you know, I do have the low deflection models. I'm not sure if that keeps my drier or wetter.

But, please - get some new chalk! This is a pool forum, dude!
At the latest cost of these new chalks, I got to do whatever I can to save them. That's green electrical tape I wrapped around that high dollar crap.

Freddie <~~~ tile floors and pool chalk do not play well with each other

Shooter08

Runde Aficianado
Silver Member
I can't afford a umbrella, but some how I came up with the cash for a new shaft. I think I have a problem!!

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
I can't afford a umbrella, but some how I came up with the cash for a new shaft. I think I have a problem!!

Umbrellas are overrated. Skin is all you need in fact its the perfect rain gear,
skin fits you perfectly and is completely waterproof and if you tear it it will fix itself!:D