Huebler joint question

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I picked up an old Huebler HM with a warped shaft and want to replace it with a newer shaft for breaking, to match my HJ - also in the brochure below. Does anyone know if the 5/16 - 18 threads are specific to Huebler, i.e. will a joint with a brass insert at 5/16-18 shaft fit? I also have a cheap cue for my granddaughter that appears to have 5/16-18 but it won't fit?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Adding picture of brochure.

Attachments

• 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 344

Michael Webb

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I picked up an old Huebler HM with a warped shaft and want to replace it with a newer shaft for breaking, to match my HJ - also in the brochure below. Does anyone know if the 5/16 - 18 threads are specific to Huebler, i.e. will a joint with a brass insert at 5/16-18 shaft fit? I also have a cheap cue for my granddaughter that appears to have 5/16-18 but it won't fit?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Adding picture of brochure.

The Heubler joint screws were around .303x18. Slightly smaller than the standard. Other shafts should fit the Heubler butt. Unless if they are a 9/32x18 or metric. The metric is a common occurrence.

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ok, thanks all! Looks like I can start looking for a break shaft and sell my Pechauer P10. :thumbup:

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
I have a spare Huebler shaft, have to measure it to see if suitable for breaking, if your interested.
Dave

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a spare Huebler shaft, have to measure it to see if suitable for breaking, if your interested.
Dave

Maybe, post up the specs and a picture of the joint would be great also. If it doesn't work for me I know a couple of guys who might be interested.

Dave38

theemperorhasnoclotheson
Silver Member
The shaft is 29" long, tip is at 12.89mm and goes that size until about 10" then expands gradually. The joint has a solid black ring and is at .847" and it takes the Huebler smaller dia. pin. It currently has a triangle tip on it and I can change to what you want on it. There are no dings in it and is clean and straight. If interested, PM me and we'll go from there.
Dave
20190613_181750.jpg

20190613_181802.jpg

20190613_181808.jpg

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The shaft is 29" long, tip is at 12.89mm and goes that size until about 10" then expands gradually. The joint has a solid black ring and is at .847" and it takes the Huebler smaller dia. pin. It currently has a triangle tip on it and I can change to what you want on it. There are no dings in it and is clean and straight. If interested, PM me and we'll go from there.
Dave
View attachment 522587

View attachment 522589

View attachment 522590

2 PM's sent ;)

Chili Palmer

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The Heubler joint screws were around .303x18. Slightly smaller than the standard. Other shafts should fit the Heubler butt. Unless if they are a 9/32x18 or metric. The metric is a common occurrence.

I bet my granddaughters little pink cue has a metric thread. I'll have to put my thread gauge on it later.