How you get your cues to Vegas?

jayrox

Toxic Moose
Silver Member
This August will be my first trip out of country where I will need to take my cues with me. With all the airlines not allowing cues as carry-ons, how can I get my cues safely to Vegas?

I know many of our Canadian players have traveled there before for Nationals in a variety of leagues, so how did you ensure your equipment made there in time and without any damage?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Jason

randallt6

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have a soft case (highly recommended for travelling) and it fits in my suitcase perfectly, it's not an oversized suitcase, but just one if the big ones. It will not cost any extra to check in since its not massive and also the cues will be safe with clothes cushioning them from every angle.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373494589.381320.jpg

I'd say that's the easiest way to do it, and just pray that the airline doesn't lose your luggage.

Shell

Shell
You can purchase a cue travel bag (google it and you will see some examples) from any cue retailer. You just place your hard case inside (some carry 2 cases) check it with the airline as fragile (yes, you prob have to pay the extra bag fee).
The bag has some foam lining and the fragile handling from the airlines is usually ok.
It can still get lost or delayed as with any other luggage.

thefonz

It's not me...it's my ADD
Silver Member
This August will be my first trip out of country where I will need to take my cues with me. With all the airlines not allowing cues as carry-ons, how can I get my cues safely to Vegas?

I know many of our Canadian players have traveled there before for Nationals in a variety of leagues, so how did you ensure your equipment made there in time and without any damage?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Jason

Drive..............

Spantiznik

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just used my hockey bag. Took my whole teams cue's in the one bag. and still had room for a couple pieces of cloths. :-D

jayrox

Toxic Moose
Silver Member
Thanks for the suggestions....I will definitely not be driving...I haven't done the math on the distance...but I figure it would be at least 2 days with no stopping...that is way too long in a car with the wife...and way too much Red Bull!!

Jason

BryanB

Huge Balls
Silver Member
You could always ship them for for pickup at a Vegas Fedex, UPS, or Post Office

jayrox

Toxic Moose
Silver Member
I looked into shipping...$60-350 to ship one way depending on the value I put down and the length of time in transit and I would still need to pay for duty...another $180 if I claim the full value of my cues...unless you have another suggestion for shipping....

Jason

ridewiththewind

♥ Hippie Hustler ♥
Silver Member
The TSA has back-peddled on lifting some of the restrictions...better check with your airline before counting on carrying it on.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 4 Beta

spktur

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Due to complaints from the airlines and the airline employee unions TSA has reversed most of the changes and pool cues are definitely not allowed in carry on baggage.