CTE at long distances

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Then I'm going to say, "Really, where except in your own mind have you explained anything, please repeat it for all of us to see." And then you say, "I don't have to listen to you, you're a troll."

"I've already addressed this" should be on the calling card of every CTE zealot, because it is the "go to" phrase when you just need that little extra something.

For the purpose of learning the visuals the CB and OB could be on any flat surface provided it's roughly the same height as a pool table.

Feel free to respond upon your return tomorrow.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
8-pack, let's rein the "humor" way back here. Little more "humor", and a lot less "venom" would be great.

Mike

I actually didnt mean anything towards cte and Stan ,,seriously,
How does Stan get away with his hatefulness? Ive seen more professional people who worked at the circus. Please explain how this guy can say the mean hateful things he does and get away with it. Its an open forum, aiming is a hot topic, but that shouldn't give a guy a pass on crossing the line like Stan an a few other have.

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
I actually didnt mean anything towards cte and Stan ,,seriously,
How does Stan get away with his hatefulness? Ive seen more professional people who worked at the circus. Please explain how this guy can say the mean hateful things he does and get away with it. Its an open forum, aiming is a hot topic, but that shouldn't give a guy a pass on crossing the line like Stan an a few other have.

I've seen more than my share of him being baited.

That stops now. Participate constructively in the conversation or don't participate.

Running contrary to these instructions will have consequences.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
I've seen more than my share of him being baited.

That stops now. Participate constructively in the conversation or don't participate.

Running contrary to these instructions will have consequences.

I used to work for Man who was a class act know matter what life through at him.
Stan I apologize I hurt your feeling's...hope they get better soon.:)
Mod man have a good weekend.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I used to work for Man who was a class act know matter what life through at him.
Stan I apologize I hurt your feeling's...hope they get better soon.:)
Mod man have a good weekend.

You owe me no apology. You have not hurt my feelings. I have not contacted Mr. Wilson or any moderator concerning any matters of late. In fact, since 2003 I think have requested moderator assistance once maybe twice. I am a big boy and can handle most anything that comes my way. My position is based on truth. I have nothing to hide and I am certainly not masquerading around this or any forum under other names.
I am going to a lot of effort in order to present CTE. as it really is. I think that should be a good thing and appreciated by all, even Lou and Dan.
Anyway, you're good with me and when it's all said and done, all we can do is the best we can with what we have at any moment. We don't all vibrate at the same frequency, but hopefully we are all trying to move forward in a way that is sincerely better for all.

Peace,

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

IamCalvin06

Yang "The Son of Pool"
Silver Member
For all CTE users/supporters

Look it's real simple. If I have a party and I don't invite certain ppl, then some will say "well he didn't invite me must be a reason" and then you have those who want a reason "why tf didn't he invite me?!?! He must think he's better than me. Let me attack him personally and talk bad about his party so no one will come"

Some ppl have determined CTE is not for them. Then you have a select group who have banned together to discredit Stan's work bc they have a closed minded approach to the game. This group of ppl find solace in one another bc they share a common interest. We could make videos, present facts, and write books till our hands bleed but it won't change their mind. Even if by a miracle they allowed themselves to learn CTE they wouldn't admit it. Let's just understand that we like it, we don't need everyone else to like it, if they want to discredit it let them. CTE is the truth when it comes to understanding what is occurring visually in pocket billiards. Everyone uses it whether they know it or not.

duckie

GregH
Silver Member
Look it's real simple. If I have a party and I don't invite certain ppl, then some will say "well he didn't invite me must be a reason" and then you have those who want a reason "why tf didn't he invite me?!?! He must think he's better than me. Let me attack him personally and talk bad about his party so no one will come"

Some ppl have determined CTE is not for them. Then you have a select group who have banned together to discredit Stan's work bc they have a closed minded approach to the game. This group of ppl find solace in one another bc they share a common interest. We could make videos, present facts, and write books till our hands bleed but it won't change their mind. Even if by a miracle they allowed themselves to learn CTE they wouldn't admit it. Let's just understand that we like it, we don't need everyone else to like it, if they want to discredit it let them. CTE is the truth when it comes to understanding what is occurring visually in pocket billiards. Everyone uses it whether they know it or not.

Post a pic of the innermost left edge of the CB. Prove that statement is a fact.

The fact is there is no such thing. Just show a pic.

You believe in 1/2 ball hits too, I bet........something else that's does not exist.

Mr. Wilson

El Kabong
Gold Member
Silver Member
Post a pic of the innermost left edge of the CB. Prove that statement is a fact.

The fact is there is no such thing. Just show a pic.

You believe in 1/2 ball hits too, I bet........something else that's does not exist.

Add constructively or do not participate.

One more demand of proof will close this door.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ok, so I've asked many times that if you don't have something constructive to add to the aiming conversations that involve CTE to stay out.

I've given bans that will be for 1 day as a final warning.

If I need to continue, the bans will be for substantially longer or permanent.

Your choices.

Add constructively or do not participate.

One more demand of proof will close this door.

thank you mr wilson
bbb .......tired of reading the flaming

Renegade_56

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ya, sure. Look how much it helped John in that match, lol.

Lou Figueroa

Good point,,,,,,, if he used it at all, which I honestly couldn't see any sign he did, he didn't do so correctly, but then we all know you can't win one pocket with your mouth as the primary weapon.

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member

Things like this cause problems..,,your making assumptions with know proof. cte might be your thing, thats awesome:smile: I'm invited by such an ignorant remark.
Its not you but the remark. What I do to pocket balls has nothing to do with cte.:wink:

Cte has nothing to do with how real pool is learned and played.
Cte is supposed to be objective, this is fine only if one can let go at a certain point, the subconscious has to do its thing. From what i understand this doesn't happen.

It is a horrible ideal not to have feel, knowledge of the shot and subconscious state of playing. So tell me what does cte have to do with Earl.. Cj...an many other great players?

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Things like this cause problems..,,your making assumptions with know proof. cte might be your thing, thats awesome:smile: I'm invited by such an ignorant remark.
Its not you but the remark. What I do to pocket balls has nothing to do with cte.:wink:

Cte has nothing to do with how real pool is learned and played.
Cte is supposed to be objective, this is fine only if one can let go at a certain point, the subconscious has to do its thing. From what i understand this doesn't happen.

It is a horrible ideal not to have feel, knowledge of the shot and subconscious state of playing. So tell me what does cte have to do with Earl.. Cj...an many other great players?

CTE has everything to do with how pool is played. PRO player after pro player can be observed lining up at an offset to CCB. They turn into their shots. Guess what? They use 2 centers just as CTE teaches one to do, specifically and consciously NOT subconsciously.
Do not for one minute think that EARL moves directly into his shots.
This 2 center businesss is why most every pro can't explain what they do......Even the pros teach others to move straight in to a single cue ball center while they do otherwise. It's like Hal said years ago about the instructors he informally interviewed....they're all teaching it wrong. He was right! I figured it out. I will be clarifying all of the details.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
......CTE is the truth when it comes to understanding what is occurring visually in pocket billiards. Everyone uses it whether they know it or not.

If there is any concept of CTE that we all use, it's the concept of learning via rote. But this applies to all aspects of playing pool, to all aspects of anything​ we do in any activity that requires precise hand-eye coordination and muscle memory. I play by feel and instinct, which took years of old-school rote learning to develop. If CTE helps certain players shorten that process, great. For those who find themselves still struggling with the subjective aspects of the system, they will eventually find their way by applying their own version of how to make the system work. Regardless, of which category we fall into, the only thing we share is our ability to make our own way.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If there is any concept of CTE that we all use, it's the concept of learning via rote. But this applies to all aspects of playing pool, to all aspects of anything​ we do in any activity that requires precise hand-eye coordination and muscle memory. I play by feel and instinct, which took years of old-school rote learning to develop. If CTE helps certain players shorten that process, great. For those who find themselves still struggling with the subjective aspects of the system, they will eventually find their way by applying their own version of how to make the system work. Regardless, of which category we fall into, the only thing we share is our ability to make our own way.

There is only one CTE.....It is very different and quite odd from anything that is conventional.
For a traditional EXACTLY set-up straight in shot, center to center is the only solution.

In CTE, every shot has a specific CCB solution that can be known just like a straight-in is for conventional alignments.

Stan Shuffett

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes, Stan has refined the system into a set of distinct steps, I should have mentioned that. Looking forward to the book!

Concerning the visual phenomena, it is likely that Hal had knowledge of it and consciously experienced it but for the record I figured it out by myself with one clue from Hal. It would be incorrect to say that Hal discovered exactly what I shared with you because we don't that for certain. What we do know beyond any doubt is that I am the first one to ever explain the phenomena.
I have put a lot material into place other than just a refinement of what has been available.
I look forward to sending you my book. I think that you will be pleased. And I especially look forward to my free online series that will explain the phenomena that I am speaking of.

Stan Shuffett

Last edited:

8pack

They call me 2 county !
Silver Member
CTE has everything to do with how pool is played.Only in your world. PRO player after pro player can be observed lining up at an offset to CCB. They turn into their shots.Thats normal and it doesnt have anything to with cte Guess what? Your wrong They use 2 centers just as CTE teaches one to do, specifically and consciously NOT subconsciously. Sounds good but your playing limited.
This 2 center businesss is why most every pro can't explain what they do..they can but wont or don't care to or they have and it seems to simple....Even the pros teach others to move straight in to a single cue ball center while they do otherwise. It's like Hal said years ago about the instructors he informally interviewed....they're all teaching it wrong. He was right! I figured it out. I will be clarifying all of the details.

Stan Shuffett

Ive discussed aiming with Earl, his exact words ...I spin a lot of balls, you wanna know how to make balls, play straight pool.

Sorry no cte Stan.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ive discussed aiming with Earl, his exact words ...I spin a lot of balls, you wanna know how to make balls, play straight pool.

Sorry no cte Stan.

Spin alignments are based off of CTE and done quite easlily, much easier than conventional alignments.

Stan Shuffett

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
.....PRO player after pro player can be observed lining up at an offset to CCB. They turn into their shots.

Every pool player lines their body/stance offset from CCB because the cue stick is stroked from one side of our body or the other, not from the center of our body. And for a right-handed player it's normal to have your body turn into the shot as the left foot moves into the stance. It's also normal for the cue to swing or "sweep" down from the left shoulder to the shot line. For lefties it's just the opposite. These movements are observed among all pool players, myself included. Does that mean I'm ready using CTE? It's not correct to conclude that every sweeping or turning motion is evidence of CTE being used. If that were the criteria, every player in the history of the game would qualify.

stan shuffett

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Every pool player lines their body/stance offset from CCB because the cue stick is stroked from one side of our body or the other, not from the center of our body. And for a right-handed player it's normal to have your body turn into the shot as the left foot moves into the stance. It's also normal for the cue to swing or "sweep" down from the left shoulder to the shot line. For lefties it's just the opposite. These movements are observed among all pool players, myself included. Does that mean I'm ready using CTE? It's not correct to conclude that every sweeping or turning motion is evidence of CTE being used. If that were the criteria, every player in the history of the game would qualify.

Pool is a visually driven game. Everything you described is essentially physical. Players OFFSET their vision away from CCB.
Technically, a player can use CTE and not know it - which is of very diminished value compared to the act of actually knowing the offsets.

Stan Shuffett

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
CTE has everything to do with how pool is played. PRO player after pro player can be observed lining up at an offset to CCB. They turn into their shots. Guess what? They use 2 centers just as CTE teaches one to do, specifically and consciously NOT subconsciously.
This 2 center businesss is why most every pro can't explain what they do......Even the pros teach others to move straight in to a single cue ball center while they do otherwise. It's like Hal said years ago about the instructors he informally interviewed....they're all teaching it wrong. He was right! I figured it out. I will be clarifying all of the details.

Stan Shuffett

https://youtu.be/qGpRnfyd6kk?t=2m26s - Shane is lined up directly behind the shot-line. His head drops straight down as he turns his hips to make room for the cue.