The "Lee Brett Snooker Drill Challenge" for Pool Practice

Cameron Smith

is kind of hungry...
Silver Member
First, thanks for the links.

Wow, absolute wow!

That yellow clearance was humbling and inspiring at the same time. Humbling, because now my pool line-up clearances don't seem like much :eek:
Inspiring, because now I understated that this drill can universally test anyone to the fullest of their potential. The bar can be set very high. We see it here.

Thanks again for the links.

No problem!

Those guys aren't even pros, top level amateurs though which is essentially equivalent to local 'pros'. They would do well in the pro-ams but Selby, Robertson et al would not have much trouble with them.

There is a video of Shaun Murphy talking about the line up and how the routine is his bread and butter. I think translating the yellow clearance to the pool table would be an excellent routine/challenge given the cue ball movement required. I also like Pidge's suggestion of rotating through the colours.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
No problem!

Those guys aren't even pros, top level amateurs though which is essentially equivalent to local 'pros'. They would do well in the pro-ams but Selby, Robertson et al would not have much trouble with them.

There is a video of Shaun Murphy talking about the line up and how the routine is his bread and butter. I think translating the yellow clearance to the pool table would be an excellent routine/challenge given the cue ball movement required. I also like Pidge's suggestion of rotating through the colours.

the purpose of all drills is to make a ball and make the cue ball go THERE
the more times you do that
the better you get at it
:thumbup:

Neil

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Real nice shooting! Now that you have that one nailed, time to try the B.U. exams again!

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member
But...but...my elbow dropped a few times lol :p

I counted 8 of 17 shots were your elbow was visible.

That's basically 50% of the time that your elbow dropped.

Fairly nice shooting as you made it fairly easy with good CB control.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Outstanding video. Perfect score. I've added it to the main list.
Hopefully we can get some more in there.

Nice shooting and good recovery on that last stripe. :thumbup: seriously well done.

Thanks. I've managed a few clearances, but this was my first maximum.

poolplayher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here's what I was able to do after playing BCA league... https://youtu.be/SW4DmAvqyDM ... I shared the video with Lee Brett ... Opps he said I had the 2 and 3 spaced out too far because the 5 should be able to go in the corner pockets passed the 2 and 3 ... Will attempt again tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Last edited:

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Here's what I was able to do after playing BCA league... https://youtu.be/SW4DmAvqyDM ... I shared the video with Lee Brett ... Opps he said I had the 2 and 3 spaced out too far because the 5 should be able to go in the corner pockets passed the 2 and 3 ... Will attempt again tomorrow.

very nice...you were able to get yourself out of trouble with some tough shots

poolplayher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
very nice...you were able to get yourself out of trouble with some tough shots
Thank you... I'll be doing this drill again today and will post another video. After looking at it again, I did notice at one point I pocketed 2 striped balls consecutively 😯😬

poolplayher

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thanks for watching, Mitch.

Yes, the way I was shown is that after the last stripe you have one more solid of your choice to get position on the two and then begin the run of colors in order to complete the drill.

Thanks for the compliments and as more videos get posted, I'll copy the links and add them to the list in the first post.
This is another point I didn’t know of, although, getting position on the 2 after pocketing the last stripe can be a nice challenge too. Thanks for sharing this thread with me.

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
This is another point I didn’t know of, although, getting position on the 2 after pocketing the last stripe can be a nice challenge too. Thanks for sharing this thread with me.

if you can try to always play for the 7 ball
that gives you the max score

Cardigan Kid

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Woah!!
I've been doing it wrong the whole time. Having the 2 & 3 in more opens up the corners for sure.
Thanks for posting this! It also creates a better window to go two rail position off the 2 around to position on the 3.

I'll also add your video to the main post list. Keep 'em coming.