be cu carbon fifer shafts

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
who has them for sale now
the ones with the carbon fiber shafts

or can the shafts be bought separately to fit a schon

has the verdict come in?are they as good as predator shafts?

Last edited:

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

or can the shafts be bough separately to fit a schon

has the vedict come in?are they as good as predator shafts?

https://www.becueofficial.com/contact.html
Why don't you just contact them? Are they as good as Revo? I believe you enjoy your time trying new stuff so I guess you don't lose anything here. When it comes to me if my curiousity about cf shafts performance wins and I decide to get one for myself to try and compare with those I have and I'm going to build I would definitely get Becue Prime-M first. But that's me and there will be dozens of opinions untill you get one, give it a try and have your own;)

deanoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i tried a revo
it was ok
drawing seemed easier
i tried another for $300 it seemed the same

i sent each to jack potter,he liked the revo and hated the less expensive

he said the cheap one had squirt or deflection and therefore he didn't like it

at my age i think i will stick with maple i sold the revo i wish i had kept it for a longer triall

when my cheaper one that fits the schon i will try it again

sometimes i think they may have benefits,but i don't know for sure

then i watched Tony and alex play and realized how bad i play

I beat mosyt people in dallas at one pocket yet i think i would need 20 -2 to play people like these guys

Now this is an honest assessment
they can go 6 innings turning an impossible situation into a trap for the other guy

there is no longer any doubt in my mind,these guys could beat Ronnie Allen and the greats of yesterday

tommyhill

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
carbon shafts

i have a Revo, a Starky and i am lucky enough to have a Cuetec shaft as well. personally i like the Cuetec best followed by the Revo and lastly the Starky.
i like the Cuetec best because it has a taper similar to a 14" pro taper and it has a white ferrule and a softer hit which i love. the Revo has the least amount of deflection of the three ( to me ) but not by much which is good but it has a straighter taper that i don't care for and the no ferrule thing is hard for me because i'm older and don't see all that well any more but all in all i do like the way it plays. the Starky shaft, well i don't care for and i will leave that at that. just my two cents to the question and i am by no means an expert.

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With shipping the Prime M is over $500 and that’s their preorder price. I’m satisfied with my Revo but would be willing to get a Prime M or Cuetec if I could try it out first.

HawaiianEye

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
With shipping the Prime M is over $500 and that’s their preorder price. I’m satisfied with my Revo but would be willing to get a Prime M or Cuetec if I could try it out first.

Fly over to Hawaii and I'll let you try my Becue.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
i have a Revo, a Starky and i am lucky enough to have a Cuetec shaft as well. personally i like the Cuetec best followed by the Revo and lastly the Starky.
i like the Cuetec best because it has a taper similar to a 14" pro taper and it has a white ferrule and a softer hit which i love. the Revo has the least amount of deflection of the three ( to me ) but not by much which is good but it has a straighter taper that i don't care for and the no ferrule thing is hard for me because i'm older and don't see all that well any more but all in all i do like the way it plays. the Starky shaft, well i don't care for and i will leave that at that. just my two cents to the question and i am by no means an expert.

Finally I had possibility to test cf shaft. It was my first experience to shoot with one and I have a lot to say about it because it was so useful and important experience for me, the one which divides your view in : before and after. I will share with more of my thoughts about it another day in the appropriate thread.
So it was Revo 12.9 shaft which I had possibility to try. If to be short I can just say I had so much fun playing and trying different shots especially those I do struggle with usually. I must say that shaft deserves its name. After my 20 years experience in this sport it was let's say like this "the most easy and fun to play with" shaft. Immedeately after the first shot it was obvious energy transfer is on another level and I have a shaft built on my own which I like a lot and which is also powerful but I have a very simple conclusion the loss of energy in a Revo shaft is much less than in any wooden shaft on this planet or I may just not experienced that one yet).

When it comes to the advantages of a Cuetec shaft you mentioned if the longer and slimmer taper, the ferrule and softer hit are your main concern why just not to play with a great wooden shaft for much less cost? I don't even need to try this shaft to say it is obviously behind Revo when it comes to energy transfer. For me it plays closer to the wooden shaft and it is enough some watching to see the difference and I have possibility to hear the opinion of some players. In my opinion the main mistake Cuetec are making...they try to make a big step in front and get from a division where they offered fairly cheap cues to another division...long story short with such a high price for the cf. shaft if consider 500$ for a Revo or 450$ for a Cuetec especially after trying the first one and being sure the second one does not offer what I'm looking for if I ever think about paying that value for a shaft I would definitely add 50$ more to get what I like.

Closer to the theme of this tread I believe new series of Becue shafts may have those properties I liked in Revo. Very soon we'll see the review of Marek in his thread and find out ;)

Icon of Sin

I can't fold, I need gold. I re-up and reload...
Silver Member
I have a revo. It hits very well but I still prefer the wood shaft from my maker.

DunnM1

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is another player in this, as Jacoby will be coming out with their cf shaft early next year (2019 - February or April).

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
There is another player in this, as Jacoby will be coming out with their cf shaft early next year (2019 - February or April).

I hit with it for a while and it is a great great shaft. I was really digging that prototype

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

And that is great because the more suppliers on the market the quicker they face the demand and once the market is replete the price should go down. We'll see;)

frankw

Semi Retired Bodybuilder
Silver Member
I've tried both. I prefer the Becue Prime shaft. They just came out with one in black which I like better.
Very low deflection as was the Revo.
Plus Alessandro is a really great guy and very helpful.
Best wishes!

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

or can the shafts be bough separately to fit a schon

has the vedict come in?are they as good as predator shafts?

Just for your information - Becue released Prime-M officially today with worldwide free shipping on all orders from today till monday:
https://www.becueofficial.com/shop1.html
They sell Prime-M also as a stand-alone shaft with selection of different joints, they offer B-Lock (Becue joint), Unilock, Radial and 3/8x10 at the moment but Becue would be probably able to install some other joints as well upon request. I will write my review of Prime-M probably tomorrow evening so you will see :grin:

jtompilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just for your information - Becue released Prime-M officially today with worldwide free shipping on all orders from today till monday:
https://www.becueofficial.com/shop1.html
They sell Prime-M also as a stand-alone shaft with selection of different joints, they offer B-Lock (Becue joint), Unilock, Radial and 3/8x10 at the moment but Becue would be probably able to install some other joints as well upon request. I will write my review of Prime-M probably tomorrow evening so you will see :grin:

What’s a uni-loc radial? I have several cues with a radial pin. Not sure if it’s the same. I’ve never heard of the radial pin be called a uni-loc.

Last edited:

marek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Update on joints- Prime-M can be ordered with 5/16x14 joint with the same price as with the other joints i mentioned before. My friend tested my cue few days back and he ordered Prime-M 12.5 with 5/16x14 joint for his Schon cue today:grin:

scsuxci

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Played and owned both revo and cuetec. Revo is stiffer but the cuetec is very stiff as well and really played just superb.