The Wonderful World Of Billiards , Snooker , Pool etc !

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Bob !

Well, I guess I could fit a table in my closet. You play all the shot from one end.

I have played bumper pool for maybe half an hour total but I have no idea what the rules are nor did we at the time.

As a very young kid watching Pot Black on Black and White TV got me hooked then came Indoor League with Fred Trueman then came Colour TV and there was no turning back , just had to get into The Wonderful World Of Billiards ! :wink::grin-square::grin::thumbup:

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Cue sports

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cue_sports

There's so many forms of Billiard games to play on that list and hopefully when the Coruna Virus lock down is over I will get the cue back out and try some new forms of Billiards .

Never say never again folks .

New places to find when the lock down is over ! :wink::D:thumbup:

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Bob !

One thing I noticed about Mountjoy's break is that once or twice he had less side on the cue ball than modern players would have had. Another is that the cloth appeared slower.

I remember watching at the time thinking a 147 is on here but not quite yet , had to wait a bit longer .

Nowadays the players knock 147's in for fun .

Emperor Barry Hearn's £1M bonus payout for 147's is safely tucked up inside his safe for another season ! :thumbup:

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ronnie O’Sullivan Shares Coronavirus Message

https://snookerhq.com/2020/04/07/ronnie-osullivan-shares-coronavirus-message/

Covered it yesterday but nice quote here .

"Meanwhile, Neil Robertson has been giving his views on the current situation and underlining the difficult period that could lie ahead for some of snooker’s lower ranked competitors.

With no action currently on the calendar, the Main Tour players are temporarily out of a job – which doesn’t have much impact on the higher ranked stars but will heavily affect those nearer the bottom of the pecking order.

There are provisional plans to stage the lucrative World Snooker Championship in July, but that will of course depend on a number of external factors.

As a result, Robertson has kindly offered to help out any player who is financially in need over the next couple of months.

The world number two said: “Should any struggle or need advancement for their prize money at the worlds, then they can pay me back as soon as they get paid from World Snooker. It’s no problem.”

“If a player I know came to me and said, ‘Look, I’m really struggling to pay my bills, are you all right to front me as a guarantor for the first round of the worlds?’ Well, I’d do that no problem. Absolutely.”

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Snookerbacker

https://twitter.com/snookerbacker/s...echrome&ref_url=http://www.snookerbacker.com/

snookerbacker 🗣️
@snookerbacker
·
28m
Just booked a hotel in Sheffield in the remote hope that the World will be on at the end of July (I can cancel it). I'd recommend doing it now if you intend on going, it's pretty cheap at the moment.
Replies
Liam
@tashmanefc
·
27m
Replying to
@snookerbacker
Have they pencilled in any dates yet?
TheMackIsBack
@TheMackIsBack4
·
17m
Replying to
@snookerbacker
surely be behind closed doors if it does ?
onestep
@onestepsnooker
·
22m
Replying to
@snookerbacker
Love your optimism ❤️

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oddschecker

https://www.oddschecker.com/snooker/world-championship :

World Championship Betting Odds
World Championship WinnerView all oddsView all odds
Judd Trump
11/4
Neil Robertson
5/1
Ronnie OSullivan
5/1
Mark Selby
10/1
Favourites fail to reach the finalView all oddsView all odds
OSullivan N Robertson Trump and Selby all to FAIL to reach the final
9/2
World Championship SpecialView all oddsView all odds
Robertson Or Selby To Reach The Final None Of Trump OSullivan
4/1
R OSullivan To Win The 2020 Betfred World Championship and Announce His Retirement That Evening
6/1
Price BoostView all oddsView all odds
Ronnie OSullivan to win the 2020 World Championships
6/1

Geosnooker

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
https://www.oddschecker.com/snooker/world-championship :

World Championship Betting Odds
World Championship WinnerView all oddsView all odds
Judd Trump
11/4
Neil Robertson
5/1
Ronnie OSullivan
5/1
Mark Selby
10/1
Favourites fail to reach the finalView all oddsView all odds
OSullivan N Robertson Trump and Selby all to FAIL to reach the final
9/2
World Championship SpecialView all oddsView all odds
Robertson Or Selby To Reach The Final None Of Trump OSullivan
4/1
R OSullivan To Win The 2020 Betfred World Championship and Announce His Retirement That Evening
6/1
Price BoostView all oddsView all odds
Ronnie OSullivan to win the 2020 World Championships
6/1

Not to knock the Rocket but he’s only made it once to the quarter finals in over a half decade. I’d put him at 20/1. His off table antics are almost covering up an insecurity at the world championship table. No doubt he ‘was’ the best player in the world...,now even on his best day I wouldn't pick him over a half dozen players.

I’ve picked Robertson and Higgins the last 5 years. This year Trump and Robertson. Still waiting for Selby to reignite.

‘If’ It wasn’t for the big 500k pot in Saudi Arabia, maybe OSullivan , Higgins and definitely Williams would retire from the ranks.

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Geosnooker !

Not to knock the Rocket but he’s only made it once to the quarter finals in over a half decade. I’d put him at 20/1. His off table antics are almost covering up an insecurity at the world championship table. No doubt he ‘was’ the best player in the world...,now even on his best day I wouldn't pick him over a half dozen players.

I’ve picked Robertson and Higgins the last 5 years. This year Trump and Robertson. Still waiting for Selby to reignite.

‘If’ It wasn’t for the big 500k pot in Saudi Arabia, maybe OSullivan , Higgins and definitely Williams would retire from the ranks.

I posted this like a fisherman and you replied and I agree but now with the Corona Virus chaos the form book is out the window ,

Nobody knows what happens next .

church66

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
H1 Geosnooker

I was gonna post but I got lost and stuck in a moment .

This moment shall pass .