Saturday at SBE

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We headed on down around lunch time and the place was jammed! but not to the point of being a PITA. We watched the 1:30 Pro matches and they played GREAT. We sat right in front of the Shane v Mika table. I was impressed with Shaun Wilkes play. He had Louis Ulrich in trouble most of the match, but Louis got some of the worst rolls I've seen!

Then we caught up with Ray (Raybo147 on AZB) and we headed over to the OB-1 booth to chat with John Schmidt. John had Ray hitting some stroke shots for an hour or so, and we were also talking about Snooker......Ray is a World class Snooker player when He has time to practice. It sounds like John is giving some consideration to trying Snooker tournament. I think he just had a few misconceptions about how high the bar is to qualify and compete here in the States. No doubt if John wants to play Snooker, he will hit the top flight with some practice against other great players.....John is a super nice guy to hang with but you have to watch he doesn't try to steal your wife!!!:D

Then it was off to watch our friends in the amateur event, and the Pro barbox event....oh yea, and to have a few more beers :) Our bud Adam played a great match but lost to Dennis Hatch on the barbox.

We bumped into a bunch of old friends along the way, and then it got late. Then it was time to head home cause I was tired! Of course we had to stop for pizza and Lotto tickets on the way home......sorry Ray, no luck :D I guess we have to go to work on Monday!

Attachments

• misnjon_001.JPG
    misnjon_001.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 479

raybo147

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Gerry said:
We headed on down around lunch time and the place was jammed! but not to the point of being a PITA. We watched the 1:30 Pro matches and they played GREAT. We sat right in front of the Shane v Mika table. I was impressed with Shaun Wilkes play. He had Louis Ulrich in trouble most of the match, but Louis got some of the worst rolls I've seen!

Then we caught up with Ray (Raybo147 on AZB) and we headed over to the OB-1 booth to chat with John Schmidt. John had Ray hitting some stroke shots for an hour or so, and we were also talking about Snooker......Ray is a World class Snooker player when He has time to practice. It sounds like John is giving some consideration to trying Snooker tournament. I think he just had a few misconceptions about how high the bar is to qualify and compete here in the States. No doubt if John wants to play Snooker, he will hit the top flight with some practice against other great players.....John is a super nice guy to hang with but you have to watch he doesn't try to steal your wife!!!:D

Then it was off to watch our friends in the amateur event, and the Pro barbox event....oh yea, and to have a few more beers :) Our bud Adam played a great match but lost to Dennis Hatch on the barbox.

We bumped into a bunch of old friends along the way, and then it got late. Then it was time to head home cause I was tired! Of course we had to stop for pizza and Lotto tickets on the way home......sorry Ray, no luck :D I guess we have to go to work on Monday!
It was a good day Gerry, we followed it up by watching our old freind Zinnie make the semis of the ladies event and then I went and played in the midnight tournament at Markley's. The room was full of action with Frankie Hernandez matching up with Alaska Sean Morgan being one of the matches being played. Whether you play or not, Valley Forge is just so much fun to hang out. One day to go, it should be a good one. Everybody here would love to see Wilkie take down the Pro event, it couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

!Smorgass Bored

Hump ? What HUMP ?
Gold Member
I Think Wonder Dog Is Wearing A Disguise Also

Has anyone knocked Fast Larry into the condiment tray yet ? Look for the guy wearing the glasses with the fake nose and moustache. :)
Doug

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Smorgass Bored said:
Has anyone knocked Fast Larry into the condiment tray yet ? Look for the guy wearing the glasses with the fake nose and moustache. :)
Doug

LOL!!! Is Eric in attendance?

zinseng

Hey Ray, just wanted to say it was great seeing you down there, and thanks for the support.. Glad to see you're doing well!

raybo147

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
zinseng said:
Hey Ray, just wanted to say it was great seeing you down there, and thanks for the support.. Glad to see you're doing well!
Hey it was good seeing you too, you have developed a really nice loose flowing game that a lot of newer players should watch and copy. I thought you were the best player in the finals but those short set matches can be brutal. Last time I played you I gave you the 5 and the 7, I think I need the weight now! AZB is a great place to keep in touch and let us know how it's going for you.