JB Flowers case review

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I would like to start off saying that I am proud to have the first of these cases. There are other pictures of the exterior of my case so I will limit this post to my review of it's function and design.

Attachments

• Picture 080.jpg
    Picture 080.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 521

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Safety/Interior

This case is built to withstand. The case construction is rigid. The tubes firmly hold the cue and shafts in place. The lining is soft and very smooth.

Here is a shot of my cues in place. By the way, this picture was taken with the cue case upside down just to show the security of the design.

Attachments

• Safety.jpg
    Safety.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 536
Last edited:

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shoulder strap/leather

The leather is very solid in every area. The case comes with a padded shoulder strap.

Attachments

• Shoulderpad.jpg
    Shoulderpad.jpg
    15.1 KB · Views: 520

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The negatives

Above I listed alot of positives. The most of all to be mentioned should be the value. The price of these is beyond reasonable.

With every fair review there must be negatives and I will give them here. With the safety and construction of this case comes weight. There is an optional lighter interior, but I am commenting on my case. It is heavy.

The design of the shoulder strap pad is such that I believe the padding may wear excessively overtime. The pad feels almost like gel-padding which has never proven to me to be suitable over long periods. The strap itself released fairly easily when I first got it. I did have a towel ring which likely caused it since after moving the ring I have had no issue.

The lid of the case has no padding. I generally store my cues pin up, but feel hesitant to do so and risk damaging the leather.

Attachments

• Lid.jpg
    Lid.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 532

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Total review

I think the cases are great and cannot be rivaled at the price John has them for sale. Good luck

Sincerly,

Proud owner of case # 1

Attachments

• Name.jpg
    Name.jpg
    22.8 KB · Views: 639
Last edited:

BrandyWine

Mike's Better Half
Silver Member
Excellent post! Beautiful case. :thumbup:

If you misplace that case everyone will know who's it is!!!~~

*To all the AZBers... If you don't have your name engraved, you may want to at least think about carrying an identifying card or mark your case on the inside! Seems like at every event someone misplaces their cue or case or something ....;)

The King

Here's Jimbo....
Silver Member
Nice review I really like these cases they are very nice looking from the pictures I have recieved ... I like the round stamp at the bottom and the way John put your name and number in it ... I like to store my cues with the pin up and probably still will if I see any trouble with that I will probably put a piece of foam padding or something in there. Seems like a great value on a nice looking case ... Made by a quality case maker...

Fast Lenny

Faster Than You...
Silver Member
Very nice case,I am always impressed with John Barton the Casemaker and John Barton the Person too! :thumbup:

JimS

Grandpa & his grand boys.
Silver Member
You show a picture of the case being held upside down and the cues not moving so how could having the pins at the top of the case damage the inside of the lid? I can't make sense of that.

Nice work John!

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
iba7467 said:
The lid of the case has no padding. I generally store my cues pin up, but feel hesitant to do so and risk damaging the leather.

PM ME YOUR ADDRESS, and Ill send you some NEW GREEN POOL TABLE SCRAPS to make a PAD.
whistling.gif

iba7467

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JimS said:
You show a picture of the case being held upside down and the cues not moving so how could having the pins at the top of the case damage the inside of the lid? I can't make sense of that.

Nice work John!

They will move if you have the cues in pin up. They will not release from the tubes, but will slide until the thicker part of the butt reaches near the end of the tube.

Coco my case is medium dark reddish brown.

Realizm

I love cocobolo cues.
Silver Member
Neil said:
I have a similar style case, although mine is a Winn case. I have had no problem with the butt in pin up. You don't carry the case upsidedown anyway, so why should it be a problem? I don't like the idea of the cue resting on the pin. I had another case where the pin eventually went through the bottom. (not a Winn case)

That Jhon makes a really nice case..