Inside Pool Mag: Fraud

pulzcul

"Chasinrainbows"
Silver Member
Prob not what you expect:wink:

The Feb issue has tale of a tourney winner who is unable to work because of a workplace injury (Workers' Comp).

Can't work, but you can play...and get paid?

Consider your benefits terminated. Go find a lawyer, scammy.
:slap:

Ya know? No dis but you really don't need to post this.

Joe Pickens

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know a guy that can't stand up straight and even though he is able to play pool that doesn't mean he can work. Come to think of it I also know a guy in a wheelchair that shoots very good, but that doesn't mean he can work either.

Itsnotme

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

The Feb issue has tale of a tourney winner who is unable to work because of a workplace injury (Workers' Comp).

Shhhh! I thought all of us pool players were cool here? Shut your mouth snitch.

*note* don't say anything infront of this dude or he'll tell on you. He prolly already called the IRS on players here for gambling... Fag...

Mike Templeton

Confidence........
Silver Member

Negative Rep............

Hustlehard

Pool Player
Silver Member
I like how your using smilies in your post thinking it's all good to snitch on someone f-cking with there well being? i come from an lower middle class irish neighborhood in louisville ky and you would get beat down for this or worse.

Snitching aint cool, worry about yourself.

beerpressure

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's in a circulated publication. Why arent you guys mad at inside pool magazine for printing it?

geno

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I know of many players that have asked not to have there name printed on results because of situations like this and other situations like, divorces, child support, workmans comp claims and etc......

This is part of the reason it is good to list a combined tournament earnings with auction monies included in the combined earning because if the TD/Promoter is ever called to testify thay can truthfully state the the player did not earn that exact amount that was reported then they can explain that - entry fees, travel, hotel, auction monies that the player earned actually much less.

This as been helpful and truthful in several court related cases.

And yes, I do know for an absolute FACT that a few Td's cave been called upon to testify and/or give depositions regarding these matters.

Now before anyone takes this in any other way than it is intended please let me explain a few things.

1. Results should always be given. It helps the players understand what they can expect from future events and it gives billiard related magazines and websites content they need.

2. Results need to be reported for the players stats. (all players in the events)

3. It is not the TD's/promoters job to worry about any situations outside of any said event the player in question is involved in.

4. Many reputable Td's feel a personal responsibility towards there fellow players and will do whatever they can within the boundaries of the law to help protect there players from anything as a result of earned winnings at there events. This includes cash payouts, no 1099's and etc...

I wish all the players success and hope the original Poster of this thread can see the light and delete what they have wrote.

Last edited:

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
why give the greedy, filthy bastards who comprise our gubmint more $$$ to piss away or steal:confused:

jamesroberts

"Unheralded Amateur"
Silver Member
I know I need neck surgery and I couldnt hold down a physically demanding job, but I can still play pool, yeah Im in pain but I can deal with it.

I agree on the snithching, it does not get any lower than a snitch

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Reality fail, people!

People are out there collecting money from taxpayers and companies in fraudulent ways. Just because there is no person to person 'robbery' evident doesn't mean it isn't a scam, immoral and yes, illegal.

Those of you who might jump all over a company that wrongs someone, stating the company owes $...there is a flip side to that: the company surely does not owe those who have no claim/ right.

And let us not fail to consider how the info likely got out: the dude told someone himself!

eezbank

Silver Surfer
Silver Member
I know I need neck surgery and I couldnt hold down a physically demanding job, but I can still play pool, yeah Im in pain but I can deal with it.

I agree on the snithching, it does not get any lower than a snitch

I know many people that can't work because of a disability that play pool. One doesn't have legs from the war. Pool isn't that physically demanding. It's possible to be disabled and still play the game. I didn't read the article. Does it list this persons disability?

SLIM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How is this snitching?

all he did was report what he saw in a magazine.

There is nothing wrong with being on disability as long as it is valid.

I think it is a little odd that the magazine would print an article like that. (i did not see the article.)

SLIM