9B-8B break on 7'-9'?

fish on

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Where do you break from?
I wonder if I am better off breaking from head spot area with a straight through rail bridge?
I Really can crack them hard. I am getting a good spread with control/ Made 5 last night on 7' with this 9B break?FYI APA 9 B is a game of points
I play 7' APA- + 9' pool room!
In league I made 8 b from side rail 2nd ball about 4 times ,I scratched once , cue ball off table once:eek: won other two times! :D
I can run out once in awhile if spread is right.

TJfive0

Registered
What causes the cue ball to fly off the table, or just jump up after contact with the rack?

I'm new to this and I have this problem frequently.

Example: Yesterday, playing 8 ball on a 9' table, in 5 breaks, I pocketed 2 and scratched in side pocket, pocketed 1, flew off the table, made an 8 ball break, then pocketed none.

In all but the 8 ball break and the first break that scratched, the cue ball went air borne, but only few off once.

Why is this happening?

I changed from a side break to head spot due to frequency of the cue ball flying off the table.

Blackjack

Illuminati Blacksmack
Silver Member
TJfive0 said:
What causes the cue ball to fly off the table, or just jump up after contact with the rack?

I'm new to this and I have this problem frequently.

Example: Yesterday, playing 8 ball on a 9' table, in 5 breaks, I pocketed 2 and scratched in side pocket, pocketed 1, flew off the table, made an 8 ball break, then pocketed none.

In all but the 8 ball break and the first break that scratched, the cue ball went air borne, but only few off once.

Why is this happening?

I changed from a side break to head spot due to frequency of the cue ball flying off the table.

Never sacrifice ACCURACY for POWER.

It's not how hard you can hit the balls, or how many you can make, it is whether or not you can effectively run the rack afterwards.

The power and crash - boom - thunderbolt/sledgehammer break may impress your friends, but you won't win many games with that crap.

Here are some links to some book excerpts where I discuss the break shot.

Breaking To Win

Mastering The Break