View Single Post
Old
  (#14)
Player
I'm your huckleberry
Player has a reputation beyond reputePlayer has a reputation beyond reputePlayer has a reputation beyond reputePlayer has a reputation beyond reputePlayer has a reputation beyond reputePlayer has a reputation beyond reputePlayer has a reputation beyond reputePlayer has a reputation beyond reputePlayer has a reputation beyond reputePlayer has a reputation beyond reputePlayer has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

03-24-2016, 10:44 AM

Well, there are certainly some beautiful cues out there ( with some beautiful price tags ) and cues with all the latest super duper this and that. Not saying I wouldn't like to have some of them.

I just don't think they would make me a better player. Sure, you want to find one that you like the looks, feel, and hit of, but you don't have to spend a lot of money to do that.

I played with house sticks most of my life (59 now) and we used to love seeing somebody come in the bar with one of them fancy 2 piece cues. Always loved asking them about their cue and telling them how pretty it was while I took their money.

My favorite cue right now is one I picked up for $35. Solid maple shaft and I put one of Pooldawgs
Milkduds on it and installed a leather wrap myself. Looks good (to me) and I love the feel and hit as much as any I've tried.

Ok, enough of this. I'm going to the "For Sale" section and look at Tascarillas.