Who is currently the best player from CA?

Baxter

Out To Win
Silver Member
Beau is a great player but not Oscar's speed. Oscar is the best player in CA I believe.

If Beau still played regularly, he would definitely be Oscar speed. He was beating anyone and everyone in California when he first moved here, Oscar included. If Beau still took pool seriously and put in the time, he would be top 3 in the country. Anyone who knows him and his game knows this to be true.

Baby Huey

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Chris Robinson and Oscar are the two players who were raised in California and currently reside here. Of the two I give the edge to Oscar but Chris is coming on pretty strong. Beau lives in California but is not playing right now focusing on his job.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IIRC, OP said born-n-raised, schooled and currently living in California. Just pointing out his specifics. Kinda narrows down the list i'd guess.

DecentShot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IIRC, OP said born-n-raised, schooled and currently living in California. Just pointing out his specifics. Kinda narrows down the list i'd guess.

Yes, that was because I was aware how international our state is. If you opened the inquiry up to permanent residents? Would it be Edgie? Love watching him play.

poolhustler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If Beau still played regularly, he would definitely be Oscar speed. He was beating anyone and everyone in California when he first moved here, Oscar included. If Beau still took pool seriously and put in the time, he would be top 3 in the country. Anyone who knows him and his game knows this to be true.

This is correct …. :)

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What happened to Jose Parica? Is he having health problems? He seemed to be playing at a high level and then dropped out of sight.

westcoast

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
What happened to Jose Parica? Is he having health problems? He seemed to be playing at a high level and then dropped out of sight.

Don’t know if he has any health problems but he must be around 70 years old

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Jose is retired from pool and enjoying life with his family in
the Phillipines.. there's a photo on here somewhere of
Jose and all the Pinoys at his retirement party.

Runner

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here it is... what a strong player. Amang!

Attachments

• IMG_0534.jpg
    IMG_0534.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 90