View Single Post
Old
  (#3)
whitewolf
AzB Silver Member
whitewolf has a reputation beyond reputewhitewolf has a reputation beyond reputewhitewolf has a reputation beyond reputewhitewolf has a reputation beyond reputewhitewolf has a reputation beyond reputewhitewolf has a reputation beyond reputewhitewolf has a reputation beyond reputewhitewolf has a reputation beyond reputewhitewolf has a reputation beyond reputewhitewolf has a reputation beyond reputewhitewolf has a reputation beyond repute

vCash: 500

01-30-2008, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPG24
I used to work for a table builder/repairman

He hated those cheap tables, the way he explained it to me was.... If he assembled one and set it up in a home, he was taking a chance at hurting his reputation because many of the are built so bad that no matter how well he assembled them, there was a chance they would become unleveled or fall apart. He also talked about how the pieces frequently didn't match which made proper installation nearly impossible.
Been there done that with a stupid Chinese table. Never again. The dealer would not fix the problem, nor did they give 2 sh!ts.

I had to beg lots of people to come by and pick it up for free. Finally I got a friend of mine who was a good table mechanic to take it off my hands.

He either made new parts or realigned somehow the parts that did not fit and it plays well for him. The table did have nice slate and I had just bought top rails. But I don't miss it one iota.

A man has got to know his limitations.